• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Game Characters

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I've recently taken a liking to Silent Hill and Rule of Rose. Does anyone know the types for the main characters in these games?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any Tales series fans here? It's a classic JRPG series with somewhat cliched but memorable characters. Here's my guesses.

Tales of Symphonia:
Lloyd Irving: ESFP
Colette Brunel: ENFP or ENFJ
Raine Sage: Some sort of NT (INTJ maybe?)
Genis Sage: ENTP?
Kratos Aurion: IxTJ
Sheena Fujibayashi: ISFP
Zelos Wilder: ESTP, possibly ENTP
Presea Combatir: ISTP
Regal Bryant: ISTJ
Mithos Yggdrasill: INFP or INFJ
Yuan: INTP, possibly ISTP

I'll take a guess at the types of the minor characters, just from the impression they leave
Magnius: ESTJ
Kvar: INTx
Rodyle: ENTP
Forcystus: ISTP
Pronyma: ESTP
Martel: INFJ, just a guess

Both Raine and Genis were tough to type. They both seem NT, especially Raine, but neither one really acts particularly extroverted or introverted. Raine appears to use Ti and Te in equal amounts, but acts like more of a Judger than a Perceiver. Genis is underdeveloped and young, making a definitive typing difficult. Colette is definitely ENFx. She acts more like a perceiver, but uses Fe much more than Ne or Fi imo, making ENFJ a possibility.

I think I've replied to this already, but I've changed a few
Lloyd: ESFP 8w7 8-7-2 (finally an 8 who's the good guy lol)
Collette: ENFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Genis: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Raine: ENTJ 5w6 5-1-2 (I agree with her being hard to type because of high use of both Te and Ti)
Sheena: ESTJ 8w7 8-6-2
Zelos: ENFP 7w6 or 7w8 7-8-3 (he's really not as shallow as he pretends to be)
Presea: ISTP 5w4 5-4-8
Regal: ISTJ 1w9 1-5-2
Kratos: INTJ 5w4 5-4-8

Mithos: INFP 8w9 8-4-6 (I could also see 1w9)
Pronyma: ESTJ 3w2? (I could 2, 3, 6, or 8)
Yuan: ISTP 5w4 5-1-4
Botta: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Magnius: ESTJ counter phobic 6w7 6-3-8
Rodile: ENTJ 8w7 8-5-4
Forcystus: ISFP 1w9 1-4-5
Kvar: INTJ 8w9 8-5-3

Martel: INFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Chocolat: ENFJ or ENFP 8w7 8-2-7
Marble: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-6
Kuchinawa: ISTJ counter phobic 6w5 6-1-4
Dirk: ISTP 6w5 6-1-2
Tabatha: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-4

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I've replied to this already, but I've changed a few
Lloyd: ESFP 8w7 8-7-2 (finally an 8 who's the good guy lol)
Collette: ENFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Genis: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Raine: ENTJ 5w6 5-1-2 (I agree with her being hard to type because of high use of both Te and Ti)
Sheena: ESTJ 8w7 8-6-2
Zelos: ENFP 7w6 or 7w8 7-8-3 (he's really not as shallow as he pretends to be)
Presea: ISTP 5w4 5-4-8
Regal: ISTJ 1w9 1-5-2
Kratos: INTJ 5w4 5-4-8

Mithos: INFP 8w9 8-4-6 (I could also see 1w9)
Pronyma: ESTJ 3w2? (I could 2, 3, 6, or 8)
Yuan: ISTP 5w4 5-1-4
Botta: ISTJ 6w5 6-1-4
Magnius: ESTJ counter phobic 6w7 6-3-8
Rodile: ENTJ 8w7 8-5-4
Forcystus: ISFP 1w9 1-4-5
Kvar: INTJ 8w9 8-5-3

Martel: INFJ 2w1 2-1-7
Chocolat: ENFJ or ENFP 8w7 8-2-7
Marble: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-6
Kuchinawa: ISTJ counter phobic 6w5 6-1-4
Dirk: ISTP 6w5 6-1-2
Tabatha: ISFJ 2w1 2-1-4

I agree with your MB typings with the exception of Sheena, who just doesn't seem to have very clear preferences. However, I still think she leans more towards introversion and feeling, so maybe ISFJ. As for Enneagram, Sheena is a clear 6 to me (7 wing most likely). Why would you think 8 for her? She's not at all outwardly aggressive, confident, or desirous of control. Sheena continually and carefully assesses the different desires of those groups she's associated wish to reach a cautious, reasonable decision. She feels great responsibility towards her village that protected her and often doubts herself.

5w4 for Kratos, Presea, and Yuan? I think 5w6 suits all three much better, especially Presea, who acts like an iconic example of a 5w6. 1w9 is also possible for Kratos. What connection to 4 do you see? And Mithos is definitely a 1, he reminds me of Light in several respects. I know you think many Fi-dominants/auxiliaries are actually 8s, but I think Fi is connected more to type 1 than anything (strict moral code), despite being used by perceivers. It is a judging function, and extreme FP 1's who rely heavily on their Fi could be very judgemental. ISFP is an interesting guess for Forcystus (I was thinking ISTP, but I can see the potential Fi dominance). I can definitely agree with him being a 1. Lastly, why do you think Magnius is a counterphobic 6 instead of the seemingly obvious 8? I know these types can look superficially similar, so what about him points to 6?

Illmatic

ISTPs:

Kratos
Lara Croft
Solid Snake
Cloud Strife
Vincent Valentine
Auron
Drake
John Mercer

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with your MB typings with the exception of Sheena, who just doesn't seem to have very clear preferences. However, I still think she leans more towards introversion and feeling, so maybe ISFJ. As for Enneagram, Sheena is a clear 6 to me (7 wing most likely). Why would you think 8 for her? She's not at all outwardly aggressive, confident, or desirous of control. Sheena continually and carefully assesses the different desires of those groups she's associated wish to reach a cautious, reasonable decision. She feels great responsibility towards her village that protected her and often doubts herself.

5w4 for Kratos, Presea, and Yuan? I think 5w6 suits all three much better, especially Presea, who acts like an iconic example of a 5w6. 1w9 is also possible for Kratos. What connection to 4 do you see? And Mithos is definitely a 1, he reminds me of Light in several respects. I know you think many Fi-dominants/auxiliaries are actually 8s, but I think Fi is connected more to type 1 than anything (strict moral code), despite being used by perceivers. It is a judging function, and extreme FP 1's who rely heavily on their Fi could be very judgemental. ISFP is an interesting guess for Forcystus (I was thinking ISTP, but I can see the potential Fi dominance). I can definitely agree with him being a 1. Lastly, why do you think Magnius is a counterphobic 6 instead of the seemingly obvious 8? I know these types can look superficially similar, so what about him points to 6?

1) agreed on Presea and Yuan
2) no, Sheena is definitely an 8 or a 1. she's very tough, spirited and "I don't need your help!" mentality. she's very choleric and strong even though she tries to be more feminine sometimes. also, she appears to have a strong connection to 2 and desires to be independent and strong. Sheena is also fairly confident, though not as confident as Lloyd. I can see her as an 8w7 or 1w2, but she is not 6 at all.
3) Magnius is a counter phobic 6 because he is subserviant and compliant. he's also very fearful and his aggression has a very personal, reactive quality to it like it's forced. 8s are strong and choleric even when they're relaxed and happy. this is not something that comes naturally to counterphobic 6s
4) I can see 1 for Mithos, but I think he's 8. he exhibits several unhealthy 8 tendencies, especially towards Martel. he has a misplaced sense of protection is very much that of an unhealthy sexual 8. I could be wrong on this though. to me, 1 and 8 seem almost like the same type and I have a hard time telling them apart.
5) I am fairly convinced Forcystus is a 1 though and either INFP, ISFP or ISTJ

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ratchet and Clank:

Ratchet: ESTP
Clank: ISTJ
Captain Quark: ESFP

Crash Bandicoot:
Crash: ES?P
Coco: ISTP
Cortex: average NTJ villain

There's not much to go on with a lot of the video game characters that I know...

discofunkfreak

As much of a video gamer as I am, I'm only able to figure out the types of some of the Mario characters.

Mario: ENFP
Luigi: ISFJ
Daisy: ESFP
Yoshi: ISFP
Can anyone think of a good example of an ENFJ game protagonist?
Peach: ENFJ

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Mario always came across to me as some sort of ISFJ... The dutiful everyman. :) You gotta be, if your love interest is kidnapped every frickin' week...

Bowser, on the other hand, gives me a major ESTP vibe - impulsive, energetic and take-charge. :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mario always came across to me as some sort of ISFJ... The dutiful everyman. :) You gotta be, if your love interest is kidnapped every frickin' week...

Bowser, on the other hand, gives me a major ESTP vibe - impulsive, energetic and take-charge. :yes:

agreed. Luigi strikes me as ISFP

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTPs:

Kratos
Lara Croft
Solid Snake
Cloud Strife
Vincent Valentine
Auron
Drake
John Mercer

I think Drake is probably ESTP, sadly. Kratos as well. Auron always gave me an INTJ vibe, but I haven't finished the game yet. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

1) agreed on Presea and Yuan
2) no, Sheena is definitely an 8 or a 1. she's very tough, spirited and "I don't need your help!" mentality. she's very choleric and strong even though she tries to be more feminine sometimes. also, she appears to have a strong connection to 2 and desires to be independent and strong. Sheena is also fairly confident, though not as confident as Lloyd. I can see her as an 8w7 or 1w2, but she is not 6 at all.
3) Magnius is a counter phobic 6 because he is subserviant and compliant. he's also very fearful and his aggression has a very personal, reactive quality to it like it's forced. 8s are strong and choleric even when they're relaxed and happy. this is not something that comes naturally to counterphobic 6s
4) I can see 1 for Mithos, but I think he's 8. he exhibits several unhealthy 8 tendencies, especially towards Martel. he has a misplaced sense of protection is very much that of an unhealthy sexual 8. I could be wrong on this though. to me, 1 and 8 seem almost like the same type and I have a hard time telling them apart.
5) I am fairly convinced Forcystus is a 1 though and either INFP, ISFP or ISTJ

I can agree on 1w2 for Sheena. 1, 3, and 8 can all appear similar to me in certain environments (specifically work-related) with their need to be correct, successful, and "get ahead" with sometimes workaholic tendencies. 3 and 7 I tend have the most trouble telling apart.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Drake is probably ESTP, sadly. Kratos as well. Auron always gave me an INTJ vibe, but I haven't finished the game yet. Anyone else have an opinion on him?

I can agree on 1w2 for Sheena. 1, 3, and 8 can all appear similar to me in certain environments (specifically work-related) with their need to be correct, successful, and "get ahead" with sometimes workaholic tendencies. 3 and 7 I tend have the most trouble telling apart.

I have that problem too. 1s 3s and 8s all look almost identical when healthy. Lloyd for instance is quite 1-ish and Sheena is quite 8-ish.
I've changed my mind on Mithos, he's definitely 1w9 sx/sp.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Samurai Warriors 1 and Samurai Warriors Extreme Legends
Mitsuhide: INFJ, INTJ or INFP 1w9
Kenshin: ISTJ 8w7
Hanzo: ISTJ 2w1
Yukimura: ESTJ 1w9
Oichi: ENFJ 2w1
Ranmaru: ISFJ 2w1
Magoichi: ENFP 8w7
Date: ENTJ 8w7
Shingen: ENTJ 8w7
Nobunaga: INTJ 8w9
Keiji: ESFP 8w7
Okuni: ISFP 9w8 or 7w8
Geomon: ENFJ, ESFP or ESFJ 8w7
Kunoichi: ENFP or ESFP 7w6
Noh: INTJ 8w9
Hideyoshi: ENTP 7w6
Tadakatsu: ISTJ 6w5
Yoshimoto: ENFJ 4w3
Ina: ISTJ 1w2
Nagamasa: ENFJ 2w1
Ieyasu: ENTJ 6w5

Mituhide is really hard to type between INFP, INTJ and INFJ. his Ne, Fi, Fe, Te and Ni

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Baten Kaitos:
Kalas: ENTP 6w7
Xelha: ENFJ 9w1
Gibari: ESFP 7w8
Lyude: INFJ 9w1
Savyna: ISTP 5w6
Mizuti: ExFP 3w2

Melodia: INTJ 4w5
Geldoblame: ENTJ 6w5
Giacomo: ESTJ 8w7
Ayme: ENTP 7w8
Folon: ISTP 6w5

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie:

Banjo: ISFJ 9w1
Kazooie: ESTP 8w7?
Mumbo: ISTJ 5w6/6w5?
Gruntilda: ENTJ 8w7? (quite unsure...)
King Jingaling: IxFJ 9w1
Master Jiggywiggy: INFJ 1w9
Bottles: ISFJ 6w5? No idea...
Jamjars: xSTJ 1w2 (maybe 6w5)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Samurai Warriors 1 and Samurai Warriors Extreme Legends
Mitsuhide: INFJ, INTJ or INFP 1w9 Sp/Sx or Sp/So
Kenshin: ISTJ 8w7 So/Sp
Hanzo: ISTJ 2w1 So/Sp
Yukimura: ESTJ 1w9 So/Sx
Oichi: ENFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Ranmaru: ISFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Magoichi: ENFP 7w8 Sx/Sp
Date: ENTJ 8w7 no idea what his instinct variant is
Shingen: ENTJ 8w9 So/Sx
Nobunaga: INTJ 8w9 Sp/Sx
Keiji: ESFP 7w8 So/Sx
Okuni: ISFP 9w8 or 9w1 Sx/Sp
Geomon: ENFJ, ESFP or ESFJ 8w7
Kunoichi: ENFP or ESFP 7w6 So/Sx
Noh: INTJ 8w9 Sp/Sx
Hideyoshi: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx
Tadakatsu: ISTJ 6w5 or 8w9 Sp/So
Yoshimoto: ENFJ 2w3 So/Sx
Ina: ISTJ 1w2 Sp/So
Nagamasa: ENFJ 2w1 Sx/So
Ieyasu: ENTJ 6w5 Sp/So

Mituhide is really hard to type between INFP, INTJ and INFJ. his Ne, Fi, Fe, Te and Ni
Edit: added instinct variants and changed a few. this was supposed to be an edit, but I accidently clicked "reply with quote", so here you go :D

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors - Visual Novel for DS
Ace: INTJ 3w?-8w9-5w6 so/sp
Snake: INTP 5w4-9w1-3w4 sp/sx
Santa: ESTP 7w8-8w7-3w4 sx/sp
Clover: ESFP 7w8?-4w3-8w7 sx/so
Junpei: ESTP 8w7 or 6(w either wing)-2w1 sp/so
June/Akane: INFP 9w1-6w5-2w1 so/sx
Seven: ESTP? 7w8-2w1-8w7? So/sp
Lotus: ESTP 3w4-8w7-7w6 sp/sx
Kubota/9th Man: ISTJ? 6w5 sp/so

Interestingly, the game's director, Kotaro Uchikoshi, stated in an interview that he drew inspiration from the Enneagram in creating the 9 central characters. According to him, he roughly matched each character to a certain enneatype:

Achiever (3): Ace
Investigator (5): Snake
Enthusiast (7): Santa
Loyalist (6): Clover
Challenger (8): Junpei
Peacemaker (9): June
Helper (2): Seven
Individualist (4): Lotus
Reformer (1): The 9th Man

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
^ I love that game! The story is just so compelling ad I absolutely adored the characters. I even created a topic for the game about a year ago, but only 1 other member took interest in it.

Anyway, I agree with what you have for the most part. From an interview a while back, the creator didn't really seem to have an understanding of the enneagram, and it shows with the characters. However, I still think that the characters fit the true enneatypes he gave them, barring Seven and the 9th Man, which I agree on your typings on them.

Ace: 3w4 sp/so - Ace wasn't interested in seeking to impress others and everything he did was solely for himself. He used people to achieve his ideals and easily turned on them for convenience sake.

Clover: 6w7 - Clover is a 6. She was loyal to Snake and extremely clingy to him. When he disappeared, she became very anxious about his whereabouts and totally did a 180, becoming snappy and short-tempered. A 7 would've at least tried to let go of that pain and stayed positive, but Clover pretty much just wallowed in despair.

Junpei: ENTP 8w9 - Junpei was extremely clever and quick to make jokes about some off the wall things (Funyarinpa?). He also wasn't as much of a douchebag as most T 8w7's are and liked to console a lot of people throughout the game.

June: sx/so - Her entire character development was about "merging" with Junpei.

Seven: ESFP - He's more people-oriented than goal-oriented, though that could be because he's so-dom.

Lotus: 4w3 - Lotus was much too histrionic and dramatic to be a 3. From the way she dressed to the things she did, Lotus always had this "flair" about her that would've been more under the surface if she were a 3. Not only that, but compared to Ace, Lotus was much too "independent", for lack of a better word, to be a 3. She didn't trick, deceive, or manipulate people as much as Ace did and always said what was on her mind. Also, she had several self-defeatist moments, such as behind door 2 and at the final level, stemming from thinking that everyone disliked her.