• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GaGa

What type is Lady Gaga?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • ESFP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think she is ENTP or ENFP for sure. Probably ENTP. Definite Thinker vibe, especially in interviews, in which she often calls out the interviewer unabashedly.

KDude

She doesn;t seem E to me and the Fi-thing is pretty clear to me. Then I could type her as an ISFP or an INFP... Errr... I think I'd go for INFP.

Could an INFP ever troll people (like interviewers).. you know, like have an aggressive off puttish persona? Sometimes she'll do that.. There was an interview that comes to mind where this journalist was asking about her dating life, and Gaga said she just wants "Big dicks". And then kind of blew off any hint of romanticism until the interview went nowhere. She doesn't seem serious about it (because she'll hint at romanticism elsewhere), but I dunno... I'd think an INFP would feel a little guilty after awhile with saying things they didn't mean or that might cause offense. Like they couldn't help communicating what they're really trying to offer to the world.

Pardon if I'm being simplistic.. It's just a thought.

Oh, and secondly, she is CONSTANTLY dressing extravagantly/stylishly. She likes to say she doesn't even like dressing plain around the house. Seems like a sensor thing.

Also, she is always pointing out how she is very hands on about all of her work.. down to stage design, choreography, etc.. Sometimes she never talks about the conceptual aspect. She points out what she's doing.. and how busy she is. Not to say NFs aren't hands on, but I think they'd be more likely to enjoy talking about the conceptual and idealistic aspects of their work.

Basically, there are subtleties in her speech and behavior that de-emphasize talking about ideals or meanings, and instead, she places an emphasis on performance, sensory experiences, visual impact, action. About the only big change I've heard her say she wants to bring to the world is "I want to revolutionize pop music", but I don't even know what she means by that. I bet an NF would say more. :)

Wow.. sorry for typing so much :cool:

emperorrowdy

MBTI Type
INFX
I beg to differ.

I may have a slight bias (both as a fan and an INFP), but I think she fits the INFP personality type quite well.

As far as your interview point with the "big dick" quote, there's a possibility that she may have been asked that question on multiple occasions. I know that when I'm repeatedly asked one thing, the first time is okay but around the 20th time or so it becomes a little... routine, and I am more likely to say something different to make sure they're listening.

Extravagant Dressing? Have you not heard some of her interviews. Most of them are art pieces that she wears, mainly because she sees herself as a performance artist.

When it comes to work, I can't finish anything unless it meets my standards. Recently, she began her first leg of her tour with one set. Two weeks before leaving for the European part of the tour, she threw out everything for the original version of the tour and made a totally different everything. And her albums are almost entirely based around concepts. The Fame (for the most part) is about how you can feel like your own celebrity without having the typical version of fame. The Fame Monster is about the price you pay for fame and how focusing so much on expressing yourself makes you forget about the "monsters" of fame. Look up the interviews about her albums.

I love symbolism and metaphors and somethings other people may view as odd, and so does she.

And as for the Haus of Gaga: I have a small circle of people whose opinions I trust and who I want to be around all the time. A collaborative (desire for harmony) effort.

KDude

hmm, you make a good point about the theme of The Fame album. It is a conceptual deal, you're right.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Could an INFP ever troll people (like interviewers).. you know, like have an aggressive off puttish persona? Sometimes she'll do that.. There was an interview that comes to mind where this journalist was asking about her dating life, and Gaga said she just wants "Big dicks". And then kind of blew off any hint of romanticism until the interview went nowhere. She doesn't seem serious about it (because she'll hint at romanticism elsewhere), but I dunno... I'd think an INFP would feel a little guilty after awhile with saying things they didn't mean or that might cause offense. Like they couldn't help communicating what they're really trying to offer to the world.

Pardon if I'm being simplistic.. It's just a thought.

Oh, and secondly, she is CONSTANTLY dressing extravagantly/stylishly. She likes to say she doesn't even like dressing plain around the house. Seems like a sensor thing.

Also, she is always pointing out how she is very hands on about all of her work.. down to stage design, choreography, etc.. Sometimes she never talks about the conceptual aspect.
She points out what she's doing.. and how busy she is. Not to say NFs aren't hands on, but I think they'd be more likely to enjoy talking about the conceptual and idealistic aspects of their work.

Basically, there are subtleties in her speech and behavior that de-emphasize talking about ideals or meanings, and instead, she places an emphasis on performance, sensory experiences, visual impact, action. About the only big change I've heard her say she wants to bring to the world is "I want to revolutionize pop music", but I don't even know what she means by that. I bet an NF would say more. :)

Wow.. sorry for typing so much :cool:

1. an INFP can troll people, absolutely. if the natural state is to seem a bit spaced out and otherworldly to others anyway, there is confusion or ambiguity on the observer's side that the infp could easily run with if they wanted to... i think there is an inherent trolldom in the irreverent humor and rolleyes cynicism of many INF's, which comes out more when the INF individual doesn't feel understood, or doesnt think that there is reason to be serious in a given moment.

2. guilt/sincerity: if it's playful trolling, i don't see why there would be any guilt stopping us. most INFPs i know, myself included, are pretty ridiculous with our jokes - our awareness of others' perceptions and assessments can enhance our tendency to toy with that... in general, i thin INFP's are a lot sillier and more capable of being light in ways that perhaps is not always apparent to everyone else because of the general emotional intensity that comes off.

3. INF's are very much capable of withholding what the deeper meanings of their personal works and interests are. now, analysing things other people do is fine and frequently indulged in, but with infp's in particular there seems to be a sense of hesitation to express the deeper personal musings publicly because they'll be misinterpreted, over-analysed, read into, misjudged, etc. - i know if i were in the mainstream media i'd cut down on elaboration, too. not because meanings arent there or arent important to me, but because a) i dont want to invite the entire world into my bubble and b) people like an enigma! it sells more records to keep people on their toes, most times!

also, many infps are very aesthetically oriented; tertiary si seems to join with secondary ne, and guided by fi, create a lexicon of personal images, textures, sounds, and tastes, all with deeper subjective meaning that may be obscured by the sheer grandiosity, irreverence, or style with which it is expressed

other thoughts on lady gaga:

a lot of her lyrical content seems enneagram 4 in nature to me.

a lot of her visual choices are a strange mix of grotesque and beautiful; seem 4w5

some of her clothing choices are bizarre, yet elegant, perhaps 4w3 in nature

i don't think she is certainly an INFP, or any other type though. i have no idea. i could see INFx for the above reasons, but she seems to be a master of trickery to a degree that it seems damn near impossible to separate the arbitrary, "stage persona" stuff from the real person behind the show. i think perhaps the INFx ennegram 4 could be her chosen audience, so that bleeds into her persona or something like that. she appears NT in many ways to me.

my best guess is xNxx, and that's pretty vague!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't like her music much, but I do like her. She seems sincere and capable of humility, and is socially conscious.

Go Gaga.:yes:

And She's a feeler to the MAX.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP, enneagram 4w3 sx/so. Maybe I'll argue more about this later.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Since I'm not a fan, I don't know that much about her. But her song and video "Bad Romance" is INFP 4w5 all the way.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ENTJ

High work drive, seems decisive, semi-thoughtful, outwardly drawn, hard-headed...

Wow, almost everyone said P, I just don't see it.

delorean

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Based on obsessive interview watching, music listening, and performance attending my best guess is that Gaga is an INFJ who publicly inhabits her highly developed ESTP shadow. She is her own puppet.

Why INFJ? Because she has a Rilke quote tattooed on her left arm. INFJs freakin' LOVE Rilke.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are your guessing according to theses videos?

[youtube=Uy3Va2Kldag]ON NEST PAS COUCHE AVEC LADY GAGA[/youtube]
[youtube=mqd-skS2kGg]Zemmour clash Lady Gaga[/youtube]

Some sort of 4, without no doubt.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Based on obsessive interview watching, music listening, and performance attending my best guess is that Gaga is an INFJ who publicly inhabits her highly developed ESTP shadow. She is her own puppet.

Why INFJ? Because she has a Rilke quote tattooed on her left arm. INFJs freakin' LOVE Rilke.

She also shares more than a passing resemblance to infj Marilyn Manson.

Also gets along too well with entj DeGeneres to be isfp. Seems too responsive to her Te to be Fi dominant.

KDude

She also shares more than a passing resemblance to infj Marilyn Manson.

Also gets along too well with entj DeGeneres to be isfp. Seems too responsive to her Te to be Fi dominant.

fwiw, i think ellen is funny.. (never watched her show tho.. but her standup is funny)

entjs are cool enough.. not sure if ellen is one.. but i don't necessarily have a prob with them.

also, isfps probably have an evil entj living inside of them anyways (not sure if i do)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I get INTP. She's much more passionate about music more than being social, I actually don't see her to be that social, even though she's a big-time celebrity. NT I think is pretty obvious through her music and her interviews, she doesn't seem to really follow norms and prefers to go against them. I'm really not sure about the P though, I really want to say J, but she really doesn't focus in one place for very long, which is why I'm saying P.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I am just posting in here to hate on lady gaga.
Ahaha, if you truly hated Lady Gaga, you wouldn't click on here.

Either you're an attention seeker, or you love Lady Gaga secretly, but wants to go with the norm. :yes:

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I get INTP. She's much more passionate about music more than being social, I actually don't see her to be that social, even though she's a big-time celebrity. NT I think is pretty obvious through her music and her interviews, she doesn't seem to really follow norms and prefers to go against them. I'm really not sure about the P though, I really want to say J, but she really doesn't focus in one place for very long, which is why I'm saying P.

FPs can be very passionate about their music too and I think introverted types in general are the least likely to be interested in social situations. Not following norms is also not only an NT trait. It's usually a P or N type of thing (though there are creative SJ's too).

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:huh: INTP? "Passionate"?

I know many are, several of my INTP friends are for sure. There are also other types known to be passionate but people of that type that have none.

Sunny Ghost

so... it's narrowed down to...

ISFP, ISTP, ESFP, or ISFJ???

I could be wrong... but she seems more of an introverted type that is very creative and a little rebellious. Though she is an entertainer, while watching her in interviews she didn't give off the same type of performance that ESFP's would give in normal conversation.