• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GaGa

What type is Lady Gaga?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • ESFP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters

jackandthebeast

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
tert
Actually, I'm not so sure. The commercial aspect still gets me. And I don't like most of her songs. But I would respect her more if she was actually moving toward something that's more authentic, which very well may be the case.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would respect her more if she was actually moving toward something that's more authentic

You're such a damn Fi user its not even funny :rofl1:. In the real world sense of authentic, she is being authentic. Her style of music is "out there" on its own. I would hardly compare her to a cookie cutter with little authenticity. She went to julliard. Im confident in guessing that she can write her own songs :laugh:. I think its typical of certain INXXs to suspect that anyone famous is unauthentic... and its annoying.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
Gaga's music really isn't that far off from generic pop music. Sure she doesn't sound exactly the same as Rihanna, Beyonce, Christina, or anyone, but she doesn't sound that different from them, either (and all non-Gaga pop stars certainly don't form some undifferentiated mass). The issue is that when she calls she stuff capital-A Art, there's always an implication that no other pop stars make Art. For her alone to deserve that status, she'd have to sound completely unlike anyone else. It's from watching and reading interviews with her that I've formed my negative opinion; if I'd only ever heard the music and seen the videos I'd feel mostly neutral toward her. She talks about herself in a way that shows she thinks she's doing something very important.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think its typical of certain INXXs to suspect that anyone famous is unauthentic... and its annoying.

It is true that 'authenticity' has little to do with pop music. She is a made-up character for commercial purposes, like Spice Girls. You can twist definitions in any way you want, it won't change a thing.

That being said, I don't think of this as a problem. It is the rule of the mainstream, from which there are exceptions. I simply dislike and utterly reject her character, her music and her 'message' in every possible way, and it's very hard NOT to bump into Lady Gaga nowadays.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm. I see lots of performers as "inauthentic" but I don't consider Lady Gaga one of them. If anything, I think she's more genuinely creative than some in terms of her style.

I think she is authentic, in fact I think she's Fi...but Fi combined with Se, not Ne.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
2. She has intellectual aspirations. She doesn't come off as shallow. So she's an N. She's into conceptual art and she wants to be like Andy Warhol. She's not like a sensor at all. Sensors are almost always strongly ANTI intellectual. They don't give a crap about intellectual concepts.

Lots of SPs love Andy Warhol. This paragraph is utterly absurd.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're such a damn Fi user its not even funny :rofl1:. In the real world sense of authentic, she is being authentic. Her style of music is "out there" on its own. I would hardly compare her to a cookie cutter with little authenticity. She went to julliard. Im confident in guessing that she can write her own songs :laugh:. I think its typical of certain INXXs to suspect that anyone famous is unauthentic... and its annoying.

She's a 4... caring about authenticity has nothing to do with Fi.

KDude

after seeing more interviews, she seems more isfp to me now. she's even honest about projecting a different persona out there, and that the real one is off limits. the persona is probably estp though.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes - ISFP for the win

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ok - watched some of those videos. I seriously doubt she is an INTJ.
- There is an idealism and caring which she expresses that a young INTJ wouldn't have
- An INTJ would never have stayed in that restaurant; they would have walked out
- Do INTJs love to cook?

She seems very much like an NF to me. What about INFP? It would explain the idealism, visual artistry, immense creativity, and perfectionism.

IDK what type she is, but as far as the bolded part, that's false. A lot of my INTJ friends, as well as myself, are young, care very much about others, and are very idealistic.

I do hate to cook though :p

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She seems SFP to me. I dont know follow her outside her music so I dont know E or I. Her song Telephone with beyonce reminds me of my ESFP cousin.

KDude

^I'm the opposite.. Her music is ok and all that, but she's interesting outside her music. She's got far better taste and more interesting things to say than other dance/pop artists. Half of them don't even write their own songs, so it doesn't take much to do that, I guess.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
for the 100th time. she is not a cookie cutter typical Hollywood artist.

she writes her own songs (or at least is fully capable, as she went to julieard (spelling)). Her music is definitely DIFFERENT. Yes there are other dance oriented singers/groups, but from day one she was different enough for people to notice, "this aint no Katie perry shit"

KDude

umm are you responding to me? or just saying something in general? :D just not sure why you'd say for the "100th time", since i'm already in agreement with you.

anyways, it's why i like her. she's a dance/pop artist, but channels burlesque, freddie mercury, bowie, warhol.. even said she was into a lot of goth beats.. most of the time, i'd only hear more rock oriented artists who had those influences. dance/pop tends to be seriously vapid and disney-like in comparison.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I'm the opposite.. Her music is ok and all that, but she's interesting outside her music. She's got far better taste and more interesting things to say than other dance/pop artists. Half of them don't even write their own songs, so it doesn't take much to do that, I guess.

I just dont follow celebrities much at all, nothing about her in particular. To me the way the song is sang combined with the lyrics. The entire ambiance of the song flows. Music to me is like TV shows or movies to other people.

KDude

Music is like that to me too. The person creating is also something I'm interested in though. It's not meant to be celebrity following per se.. just want to know the artist. If it's just a celebrity, I wouldn't care.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
i also think she is either ESTP or NTJ.
exactly the same vibe as my estp female friend, but only from singing didnt hear her talk

edit: after watching short interview i'm pretty convinced she's NTJ, probably INTJ..

Please explain how you get J and I from a stage persona.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
XSTP surely. Thinker on Face. Perceiver on behavior. Sensor on Music. SeTi seems right.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
She doesn;t seem E to me and the Fi-thing is pretty clear to me. Then I could type her as an ISFP or an INFP... Errr... I think I'd go for INFP.