• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lady GaGa

What type is Lady Gaga?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • ESFP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • ENTJ

• Total voters

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
YouTube - Madonna and Lady Gaga SNL comparision

In the rehearsal version Lady Gaga played nice, but in the aired version she skipped some lines and tried to screw Madonna up...hmm.

Nothing wrong with a little competition.

That's actually very interesting. To me, it shows that she doesn't care for Madonna. That's pretty damn incredible because Madonna is an established artist, a legend. If I were given an opportunity to work with a more established musician, I would do everything I could to make a good impression. The conventional thing to do would be to make Madonna happy. Gaga clearly doesn't care for any of that; which is technically a very intelligent decision because pissing off Madonna would make her more famous than making her happy.

Or she could have been high or on drugs or something. Which still doesn't change the fact that it means that she disrespects Madonna, or doesn't care to be a part of the "system" in which younger artists are expected to respect and pay homage to established ones. Further strengthens the INTx argument.

Afkan

Gaga clearly doesn't care for any of that; which is technically a very intelligent decision because pissing off Madonna would make her more famous than making her happy.
Agreed, I thought it was a very smart move.

Or she could have been high or on drugs or something.
Yes this is plausible.

Which still doesn't change the fact that it means that she disrespects Madonna, or doesn't care to be a part of the "system" in which younger artists are expected to respect and pay homage to established ones. Further strengthens the INTx argument.
Possibly.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
YouTube - Lady GaGa Bad Romance Interview Part1

Here's a interview of her when she's comfortable, and she clearly exhibits that she's an N-type. She's very idea driven and has a vision about how things are/should be.

The introversion is obvious in her facial expression- she says nice things but she looks tired and drained. Her body language is 'closed', and her interaction seems forced.

YouTube - Lady GaGa Interviewed About The Fame Monster - Bad Romance

"I was singing about love... things I don't care about anymore" Very NT, to me? But anybody could say that, truth be told.

YouTube - Lady GaGa Interview In Japan

"tell a little lie in performance to create a sense of escapism for the audience- inner beauty is a lie, the story about who we are"

YouTube - Lady GaGa Interview @ The Ellen DeGeneres Show

"I felt like a freak... I want to create a space where people can be comfortable with it, where people can know that it can be okay to be weird" <- P rather than J, I think?

She's close to her parents, which is something I've noticed in Marilyn Manson too- they're both shock artists who seem to have that strong support from home. They both also seem to care a lot about their fans on a personal level- where their fans are like "family" to them and give them validation. That's something I seem to notice about quite a few INTPs, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything of course; most artists feel (or pretend to feel) this way

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After watching, I think she is actually NT. I always saw the 'character' and didn't hear her talk. She can be pretty short with the interviewers, and says things that I imagine she knows would shock some people (like about her big dick').

I can see her as an introvert, but I think she may still be more of an extrovert. ENTP, ENTJ, INTP maybe. I don't see INTJ as much, but that is just because I never see incredibly flamboyant INTJs like that.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
The fundamental difference between Madonna and Lady Gaga is that Madonna understands/respects/follows the "system" while Lady Gaga disregards it altogether. Immediately we can see an xSxJ and xNxP dichotomy separating the two of them.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can see her as an introvert, but I think she may still be more of an extrovert. ENTP, ENTJ, INTP maybe. I don't see INTJ as much, but that is just because I never see incredibly flamboyant INTJs like that.

Watch more of the videos and pay attention to her facial expression and body language, and contrast it with videos of Madonna's interviews. Madonna is poised and charismatic and a comfortable conversationalist- Lady Gaga always seems a little strained, like it takes too much effort to have a conversation with someone face-to-face.

I initially thought Gaga was an ENTP because I could relate to her quirky side, but she really, REALLY doesn't care about what people think... which I can't relate to 100%.

^I can think of one flamboyant INTJ, and that's Mystery from The Mystery Method (and Neil Strauss's The Game). Have you heard of him?

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wikipedia:

At age 11, she was set to join Juilliard School in Manhattan, but instead attended Convent of the Sacred Heart, a private Roman Catholic school. Playing piano by ear from the age of 4, she went on to write her first piano ballad at 13 and began performing at open mike nights by age 14. At age 17, she gained early admission to the New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. There, she studied music and improved her songwriting skills by composing essays and analytical papers focusing on topics such as art, religion and socio-political order. She later withdrew from the school to focus on her musical career.

^withdrawing from school like that suggests to me she's P rather than J, so I mantain she's an INTP.

"In the music industry there's still a tremendous amount of accommodation of homophobia. [...] So I'm taking a stand," she commented. She then started to perform a rendition of John Lennon's "Imagine" while changing some lyrics to reference Matthew Shepard's 1998 murder, the college student's death which has been a rallying cry for the gay rights movement. "I'm not going to play one of my songs tonight, because tonight is not about me," she said before she sat in front of a grand piano to sing and play, "It's about you."

^That comes across to me as an N type. She's very politically active and has very strong views.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watch more of the videos and pay attention to her facial expression and body language, and contrast it with videos of Madonna's interviews. Madonna is poised and charismatic and a comfortable conversationalist- Lady Gaga always seems a little strained, like it takes too much effort to have a conversation with someone face-to-face.

I initially thought Gaga was an ENTP because I could relate to her quirky side, but she really, REALLY doesn't care about what people think... which I can't relate to 100%.

^I can think of one flamboyant INTJ, and that's Mystery from The Mystery Method (and Neil Strauss's The Game). Have you heard of him?

I don't know who he is.

And the way she talks...it seems a bit like some ENTPs I have read about, but then I looked at how little she did care...and it is like she cares NOT AT ALL. I was pretty impressed.

I had figured she regarded the interviewers with little respect, so I assumed that was why it was a little strained. I sound like that if I dislike someone. So I will go with that she is an INTP. I see the NT, I now see the I, and I think she is more of a p

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Madonna told Rolling Stone that she sees "[her]self in Lady Gaga."[64] In response to the comparisons between herself and Madonna, Lady Gaga stated: "I don't want to sound presumptuous, but I've made it my goal to revolutionise pop music. The last revolution was launched by Madonna 25 years ago."

This does sort of contradict my argument about the Madonna/Gaga dichotomy though. =\

I'm guessing what this means is that Madonna would have been more like Gaga if she wanted to accomplish what Gaga has accomplished in this day and age. Madonna has always been a chameleon, changing her own identity as she sees fit.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Whoa! He is an INTJ???

I feel like my life is a lie!

He's an INTJ who has created a powerful and strong persona for a specific purpose- in this case, to get laid (amongst women) and to earn money and social proof (amongst men). That's what INTPs like Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson do as well.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an INTJ who has created a powerful and strong persona for a specific purpose- in this case, to get laid (amongst women) and to earn money and social proof (amongst men). That's what INTPs like Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson do as well.

INTxs seem like they can be very impactful, more so than than I would have imagined.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok - watched some of those videos. I seriously doubt she is an INTJ.
- There is an idealism and caring which she expresses that a young INTJ wouldn't have
- An INTJ would never have stayed in that restaurant; they would have walked out
- Do INTJs love to cook?

She seems very much like an NF to me. What about INFP? It would explain the idealism, visual artistry, immense creativity, and perfectionism.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok - watched some of those videos. I seriously doubt she is an INTJ.
- There is an idealism and caring which she expresses that a young INTJ wouldn't have
- An INTJ would never have stayed in that restaurant; they would have walked out
- Do INTJs love to cook?

She seems very much like an NF to me. What about INFP? It would explain the idealism, visual artistry, immense creativity, and perfectionism.

She's a bit of a "broken" idealist though- she doesn't believe in love, she believes that beauty and performance is a lie... she's a bit of a cynic and very philosophical, which is not surprising considering her educational background. She's one of those "beauty in the lie", "method in the madness", "paradoxical utopian dystopia" types.

I don't think she is an NF because she can be really insensitive! :p

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTxs seem like they can be very impactful, more so than than I would have imagined.

you are absolutely correct, sir.

I think this has a lot to do with the fact that many of them are internally driven, strongly motivated and hold themselves accountable to their own high standards.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you are absolutely correct, sir.

I think this has a lot to do with the fact that many of them are internally driven, strongly motivated and hold themselves accountable to their own high standards.

Sorry, I am a ma'am :D

So when they hold themselves to those standards, they are just even more driven. Lady Gaga has a very interesting personality. There is no debate on the N. She is so weird! I like how weird she is.