• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The O.C.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Ryan: ISTP maybe?? INTJ?? I have no idea.
Marissa: ENFJ?? ENFP??
Seth: INTP?
Summer: ESFJ?

The rest of the cast....??

Last edited:

elissab

MBTI Type
ESFP
Ryan: INTJ
Marissa: ENFP definitly.
Seth: ISTJ
Summer: ENFJ

MBTI Type
INFP
A typologically well-balanced show, if I may say so. (Could use another N.)

I always thought it was kind of perfect the way the core family unit on this show worked because of what I'd call the "two degrees of separation" (although these vary widely from some of the preceding opinions):

Seth -- INFP, tending towards ENTP. Comic genius, obvious Ne, but lazy and extremely self-possessed.
Ryan -- ISTP -- passionate about building/design, chivalrous Fe intentions get out of control.
Kirsten -- (i)SFJ -- Bears responsibility for everything! "I'm never throwing another party again."
Sandy -- ENF(j) -- "^Oh honey, don't tease." :devil: One of my favourite bits of dialogue from the show.

Marissa -- (i)SFP -- Most likely to say: "Leave me alone."
Summer -- ESFJ -- Most likely to respond with: "But you'll feel better if..."
Taylor -- ESFJ -- Essentially Summer, but alienated from nurturing figure with interesting social consequences.
Julie -- ESTP -- Needs to appear in control, overprotective to atone for own early adulthood mistakes. Strong image-focus represents direction of unconscious pull for most of the greater community.
Jimmy -- (e)SF(p) -- Bonded closely to Marissa by shared values, but not a well-developed character.
Caleb -- ISTJ -- Personifies the corporate establishment, but pathologically private.

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Ryan: ISTP (Mechanical, never really thought about the future, reclusive...)
Marissa: INFP. (Her best friend, Summer, was extraverted, which may have made her not seem as shy, but she definitely needed recharging alone time.)
Summer: ESFJ.
Seth: ISFJ?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A typologically well-balanced show, if I may say so. (Could use another N.)

I always thought it was kind of perfect the way the core family unit on this show worked because of what I'd call the "two degrees of separation" (although these vary widely from some of the preceding opinions):

Seth -- INFP, tending towards ENTP. Comic genius, obvious Ne, but lazy and extremely self-possessed.
Ryan -- ISTP -- passionate about building/design, chivalrous Fe intentions get out of control.
Kirsten -- (i)SFJ -- Bears responsibility for everything! "I'm never throwing another party again."
Sandy -- ENF(j) -- "^Oh honey, don't tease." :devil: One of my favourite bits of dialogue from the show.

Marissa -- (i)SFP -- Most likely to say: "Leave me alone."
Summer -- ESFJ -- Most likely to respond with: "But you'll feel better if..."
Taylor -- ESFJ -- Essentially Summer, but alienated from nurturing figure with interesting social consequences.
Julie -- ESTP -- Needs to appear in control, overprotective to atone for own early adulthood mistakes. Strong image-focus represents direction of unconscious pull for most of the greater community.
Jimmy -- (e)SF(p) -- Bonded closely to Marissa by shared values, but not a well-developed character.
Caleb -- ISTJ -- Personifies the corporate establishment, but pathologically private.

Agree entirely on the types and comments, although the brackets aren't needed.

Last edited:

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I'm re-watching the first season with a friend right now, and here's what I'm seeing:

Ryan: ISTP
Marissa: ENFP. Maybe INFP?
Summer: ESFP
Seth: ISFJ
Sandy: ENFJ
Kirsten: ISTJ
Julie: ESTJ
Jimmy: ISFJ