• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marilyn Manson's type

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
All I know is that in interviews he comes across as very different from his stage persona. Timid even. I pick up Ni, which still leaves a lot of possible MBTI types.

Going to see a show of him in about 2 weeks, because my buddy wants to see him. I couldn't care less about his "music", I'm there for the show & beer :D

Trent Reznor on Marilyn Manson
“A malicious guy [who] will step on anybody’s face to succeed, and cross any line of decency.”

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Supreme INFJ 5w4 ;)

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He has typical the Iconoclast personality. ;)

Don't you think 4w5 would be a better fit? He is strong about being unique, artistic etc. Typically 4.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Don't you think 4w5 would be a better fit? He is strong about being unique, artistic etc. Typically 4.

No. Beacuse 4w5 is more about emotion and MM is more about logic and critique.
He is not artist. He is just work an art - as he says in one of his songs. Well , this apply to me also. :D
He is a cynical idialist to that point so I consider him as INTJ also. ;)

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. Beacuse 4w5 is more about emotion and MM is more about logic and critique.
He is not artist. He is just work an art - as he says in one of his songs. Well , this apply to me also. :D
He is a cynical idialist. ;)

art throughout an emotional view, which I believe is the case of MM. And being idealistic is also a 4 trait, perhaps cynicism too.
Anyway, I don't believe I will make your mind on this and it is a pointless discussion.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFX 4w5. Type 4 is not really about emotion. 4 lies within the image triad, thus is what it is about. 4 strives to nurture an image that is separate from the norm. In interviews, he often explains that the persona he puts on is meant to make a statement, it's fine being different (seems Fi ish).

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFX 4w5. Type 4 is not really about emotion. 4 lies within the image triad, thus is what it is about. 4 strives to nurture an image that is separate from the norm. In interviews, he often explains that the persona he puts on is meant to make a statement, it's fine being different (seems Fi ish).

I agree, but it must be said Manson isn't some cold critique of his society, like say, Freud was, he was very much traumatized by events in his childhood, especially with religious fundies.

So while I agree "four isn't about emotion" fours are probably more emotionally driven in how they come to conclusions, and I think this applies to Manson.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

He created his image because he didn't like who he was, Marilyn Manson is essentially a fantasy of sorts -- clearly. He says and does things to provoke and shock, although that heyday was in the 90's, I personally think ending with the Holy Wood album. I became a fan around the Eat Me, Drink Me era and I enjoyed it very much. The next two albums were pretty soft/messy, but I really loved The Pale Emperor. Not sure what he'll do next, but I am tired of his schtick. I can't condone the sexist shit he's said in press for his last album. And then there's the weird shit before that, that I chalked up to him being an "artist". Act or not, I'm tired of Manson's attempts at being shocking now. If he hung it up a la Alice Cooper and was normal off-stage and did all of his act in public/on-stage, I think it'd be different. Maybe he does, I don't know. But it's tiring.

shinedowness

MBTI Type
ANFJ
Enneagram
8v7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:popc1:

While I am laughing at this thread because of people aiming to understand the personality type of Brian Warner, who is famously known for the name Marilyn Manson, I just want to say I love his music. I love his songs "The Fight Song", "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)", "Heart Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)", "If I Was Your Vampire", "Running to the Edge of the World", and "Cry Little Sister". And I just want to say that Brian's mind knows what his personality type is more than we do arguably. ;)

shinedowness

MBTI Type
ANFJ
Enneagram
8v7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I changed my mind and don't like Marilyn Manson's music nor himself as a person.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the enneagram, I have seen him typed as both sx dom and sx last. I am not interested enough in his music to really analyze him in depth, but I would be interested in hearing arguments for either side.

Tomb1

SEI-Fe 4w3 sx/sp

Some other SEI-Fe:

Gaahl
Ozzy Osbourne
Wendy O. Williams
Mystery (the PUA guy)
Richard Ramirez

SEI-Fe on Pinterest

King of the Fe-creative, Ni-role style edge. Fe-subtype is the dark subtype for SEI and easiest to mistype as IEI.

4w3....the dramatic-masochistic gestalt

The 3 wing adds performance and exhibitionism ('phallic thrust'), a glibness five wingers lack....sx/sp augments darkness, edge, confrontation and being true to one's self. Also, the chthonic nature of sx/sp raises this particular combination to the crème of the crop in terms of "edgy performance" (what's edgy, countercultural, etc)….three wing always kept him calibrated to the mainstream perception of what qualified for edge, counterculture...

AsTheSunSets

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bear with me, please.

There's such thing as socially talented introverts, just as there's such thing as socially awkward extroverts. Introversion and extroversion is about where you get your energy from.

There is such thing as intuitives with well-developed sensing, just as there is such thing as sensors who are well-versed in accessing their intuition.

There's plenty of over-emotional Ts, as are there deep-thinking but not particularly empathetic Fs.

I agree with the general consensus that Marilyn Manson is a J. His desire for structure and control combined with his shyness can be misread for introversion, and it explains his ability to build up the kind of image he has.

I also agree with the more controversial but leaning consensus that Marilyn Manson is an F. His decision-making is far more based upon how matters make him feel than what they make him think. As men's emotions tend to be dismissed, he puts a lot of work into justifying them.

I disagree that he's an N. Intensity and visuals does not an N make. I still remember him mocking Britney Spears for her tracksuit wedding with Federline, because it did not conform to the traditions he values. His career has revolved around agonizing about being made fun of for the way he dresses, all whilst stomping down on other people who are different (AKA gays, black people, women who don't conform to his expectations, so on and so forth). His problem isn't with tradition: his problem is that his traditions are not currently the default.

He also puts a lot of stock in what people think of him re: trying to control the narrative around himself (to the point of flipping out on Justin Bieber, whom he seemed to get along with before he talked about him, over shirts). For all that he preaches not wanting to play the societal game, he is a fantastic player of the societal game. S territory.

I agree that he has built some intuitive skills, particularly revolving around religious imagery that he was forced to internalize.

His party habits and desire (despite struggle in skills retaining the spotlight) to be center of attention say E to me.

He's a shy ESFJ with a background in bible class.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on how wildly misunderstood he is, he pretty much has to be an INFJ E4, although I'd add 4w3 because of his ability to navigate success. No one but a Ni-dom can pull of that level of insight/misunderstanding at the same time.