• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gladiator

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ridley Scott's film. What would you type the characters?
Maximus:
Marcus Aurelius:
Commodus:
Proximo:
Lucilla:
Quintus:
Senator Gracchus:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Maximus: ISFJ
Marcus Aurelius: ENTJ
Commodus: ENTJ
Proximo: ESTJ
Lucilla: INFJ
Quintus: not sure
Senator Gracchus: not sure
Maximus' Gladiator friend: ISFP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm agree, except for Marcus Aurelus who is rather INTP I think.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marcus Aurelius was definitely an 'INxJ' in both the movie and IRL, Commodus was insane and megalomaniac, which means that he's impossible to type. I'm not sure in Maximus, I definitely wouldn't vote for ISFP.

VagrantFarce

His directing style comes across as ENTJ.

He seems like an INTP in interviews, at least to me. If not that, then ISTP because his films are often clinically beautiful.

A great way to determine the type of a storyteller is to simply look at the stories they tell; try to map the journey of the protagonist and see what they learn. I once read that the common thread between all of Ridley Scott's protagonists was that they were often caught in situations where "the rules of the game changed". I'll be buggered if I could find that quote again though, but it seems like a very Ti-way of looking at things.

Anyway, for what it's worth!

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Russell Crowe is Ni and Fe so he is probably entj (TeNiFeSi) (he had his most typical role in "a good year", which has all the bossiness and not much of the deepness or coolness that Hollywood likes to pull out of him),

but he can play infp (NiFe) or intp (NiTe)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Marcus Aurelius was definitely an 'INxJ' in both the movie and IRL, Commodus was insane and megalomaniac, which means that he's impossible to type. I'm not sure in Maximus, I definitely wouldn't vote for ISFP.

Just to clarify, I didn't type Maximus as ISFP, I typed his gladiator friend Juba as ISFP.

I typed Maximus as ISFJ- The Protector-Supporter.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
funny, there is a type profile site that lists either infj or infp as "protector" , i believe its that brownish site with verry old html

in one online fight i was calling out "i am protecto" :D (without r, to make it sound more gladiator-ish)

as for servants and supporters, the ones who make sure you wear a cap in winter (isfj) ... i seem to be ignorant about them. (???)
doesn't every mother test as isfj? when i hear "protector" i think of Noah Bennet (character in heroes, claire's father)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
funny, there is a type profile site that lists either infj or infp as "protector" , i believe its that brownish site with verry old html

in one online fight i was calling out "i am protecto" :D (without r, to make it sound more gladiator-ish)

as for servants and supporters, the ones who make sure you wear a cap in winter (isfj) ... i seem to be ignorant about them. (???)
doesn't every mother test as isfj? when i hear "protector" i think of Noah Bennet (character in heroes, claire's father)

INFJ a spiritual/psychological protecter, ISFJ a literal protector.

I'm not sure what your point is? Maximus was INFJ?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
no point there, i am not confident about what russel crowe is, and have a weak memory of the movie or maximus in particular.

lol, in my memory russel crowe was a soldier in King Arthur, but in reality he was not :blush:

i have noticed that some male isfj like to gain plenty of muscles. seems to be a counter-phobic six thing.

soakupthegame

MBTI Type
xNTx
Enneagram
Maximus: ISTP
Marcus Aurelius: INTJ
Commodus: A severely twisted ENFJ ("i call it love, the people are my children, i am their father")
Proximo: ESTP
Quintus: ISTJ
Senator Gracchus: ENTx
Maximus' Gladiator friend: INFP ?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:1377:

I've notice that male ISFJs are often mistype as ISTPs... probably because they've a strong tendancy to develop Ti to suit a more masculine role.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Commodus: A severely twisted ENFJ ("i call it love, the people are my children, i am their father")
Senator Gracchus: ENTx
Maximus' Gladiator friend: INFP ?

I agree with some though i'd say

Maximus: ISTJ(with a well-deveoped Fi)
Commodus: ENXJ
Lucilla: XNFJ
Senator Gracchus: ENTx(leaning on P)
Maximus' Gladiator friend:xxfx (could be anything really, though seemed F).

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think people are confusing
duty with ISFJ/ISTJ,
and fighting for freedom with ISTP,

Why not take the fact that he was a roman general who commanded the armies of the north :)D) in the first scene as any EJ general would? The fact that he's tired and just wants to go home (and love his family) could simply be his Fi developing with age.

I just dont see an ISTP taking much interest in the Ni/Fi themes of honor (i dont mean ISTPs are dishonest), restoring the republic, the Elysium fields etc (I have an ISTP father, and two ISTP friends).

I think he's a reluctant hero, a tired old EJ who just wants to go home (but is still EJ).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Marcus Aurelius is such an introvert. I say INTP for him.
But I'm agree with the rest of the typing.:)