• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Punk Rock

nanook

a scream in a vortex
no, infact i didnt even know the germs. downloaded the "complete anthology", but didnt bother to listen to it yet ... edit: sounds horrible. *delete*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know, Q, would you consider guys like Waylon Jennings, Gene Vincent and Johnny Cash to be punk rock too?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
no, infact i didnt even know the germs. downloaded the "complete anthology", but didnt bother to listen to it yet ... edit: sounds horrible. *delete*

Yeah, they suck. It's close to irritating. But the movie is kind of cool.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i dont know them, PinkPiranha, but this image of Gene Vincent is so funny!!!

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i always secretly thought iggy was an infj. i could be totally wrong, and i think it's just bc search and destroy seems like such a perfect infj song (it worked for anthony kiedis!).

it seems like Fe is all about finding the way to embody the message it wants to get across. articulating itself based on what it thinks it will elicit specific emotional responses in others.

militant english punk, southern california hardcore, dc hardcore, new york punk, new wave, post-punk, english post-punk, no wave, they're all coming from so many different places it will be all over the map.

for the most part i only like the new york bands, post-punk, and new wave. the rest bores me. and if i have to listen to one more person go on and on about no wave, i'm gonna put a power drill thru my temple. i assume this has to do with me liking the nfs and not really connecting with what is not nf. altho hearing stories about the guy from bad brains makes me kinda like him.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i used to like punkrock like rancid, bad religion, and stuff when i was a disoriented atheistic teenager, not knowing myself, believing that i had to adapt to the world, sure not being able to adapt to society, stuck with street punk as only option ...so i used to idealize the shit out of them, but never actually dared to talk to true streetpunks (good hunch!). now i know more options

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i dont know them, PinkPiranha, but this image of Gene Vincent so funny!!!

haha, yes, I love that picture too! :D Gene Vincent was quite the character. I have pictures somewhere of him horsing around with Eddie Cochran and George Hamilton III.

He emerged from Western Swing/Hillbilly Rock scene (along with Johnny Cash and Eddie Cochran). Gene was full-tilt (and I think a textbook ESTP). Watching him sing "Be Bop a Lula" will give any woman hot flashes, and he wasn't what you might consider classically handsome.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Due to its total lack of cognitive functions, I'm afraid it doesn't have a type.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
You know, Q, would you consider guys like Waylon Jennings, Gene Vincent and Johnny Cash to be punk rock too?

I don't know much about the first two and I'm no expert but Johnny Cash certainly had the right attitude, I love him, dark, mysterious, independent spirit and he had a heart too, very cool dude.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Richard Hell?

but he read books and stuff. he was borderline genius. he was an image master, but for a symbolic purpose.

"part of the form of rock 'n' roll is having the courage of your convctions as a teenager, and doing stuff that would be outrageous and embarrassing to a lot of people, but constitutes a lot of your appeal to your audience because they like to see people turn themselves inside out in public. and for me, this whole style of dress and the way you look is a means, just like the combination of colors you use in a painting, for communicating. And it's only people who are scared and shy and threatened who find it necdssary to perceive that as a pose."

"I don't feel threatened by anything rock 'n' roll bands do. I'm very much an outsider, shy and lonely, but the essence of bein a rock 'n' roller is that you can create your own world there in spite of what everybody else thingks. and then, hopefully, it creates a world that other people are just as relieved and pleased to become a part of. and putting a hole in your shirt takes courage; it's saying, 'i don't give a fuck if somebody says i'm a jerk; i'm deliberately removing myself from them.' "

"I think ther'es a lot of basis for self-hatred. to transcend something you've first got to fully accept the fact that it exists. i would much rather listen to the music of somebody that hates themself and says it, than to listen to the music of barry manilow. there' san initial thrill of being able to release all this stuff that would have led you to just tear ytourself apart inside before. most punk rockders are very young, and i'm sure there's a certain number of them that will grasp the significance of what they're saying wand will demand enough of themselvs as human beings to go on to finding something else they can affirm. or else they'll die. that's the dilemma i'm facin right now: whether I'll die or whether I'll find something i can affirm. it's gotta be one or the other."

"it's the artist's job to be narcissistic, constantly analyzing and paying attentoin to yourself to see how things affect you."

"so naturally, if you invent yourself, you love yourself. the idea of inventing yourself is creating the most ideal image that you could imagine."
\
blank generation: i entirely reject your standards for judging my behavior.

"Adolescence is the point in your life where you are inevitably forced by circumstances to face the most crucial questions about life, period. and the extent wotwhich you maintain the attitude that you ahd as a teenager is the extetnt to which you remain alive, as far as i'm concerned. you increase your ability to opearate efficiently in the face o the environment you perceive as you get oldr, but that doesn't mean that the turmoil inside you is lessened any. i can't speak for anybody but myself, but i know that i haven't resolved any of those things."

this is definitely nf, i'm guessing infj.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i think of punk as an attempt to be provocative and elicit strong emotional responses from others. send an aggressive message. it's not punk unless you're trying to stir shit up and challenge something.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think of punk as an attempt to be provocative and elicit strong emotional responses from others. send an aggressive message. it's not punk unless you're trying to stir shit up and challenge something.

Agreed! (And after that text you posted, Richard = another ESTP?)

I have John Lydon's autobio upstairs somewhere. He's a dodgey, but very clever guy. Bristly, opinionated, not always fair, yet the care he showed for his mom and siblings is truly touching. After such a Dickensian life, I didn't blame him for being angry.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
outsider shy and lonely?
a philosophical stance on art?
turning yourself inside out?
terrifying emotional turmoil?
existential internal dialogue?
discourse on good and evil?

the only estps i know i am extremely grossed out by. i'm interested to hear what you think fits in with estp. i have a tendency to round off my edges sometimes if i think or want to be right.

i read please kill me and from the velvets to the voidoids. the best book ever tho is psychotic reactions and carbureator dung. i want to know if lester bangs is an infp or an infj!!!!!!!!! or even an e something (seems VERY Ni)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
outsider shy and lonely?
a philosophical stance on art?
turning yourself inside out?
terrifying emotional turmoil?
existential internal dialogue?
discourse on good and evil?

Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now?

the only estps i know i am extremely grossed out by. i'm interested to hear what you think fits in with estp. i have a tendency to round off my edges sometimes if i think or want to be right.

Ah, you've had bad experiences. Men, women or both?

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
“Punk is musical freedom. It's saying, doing and playing what you want. In Webster's terms, 'nirvana' means freedom from pain, suffering and the external world, and that's pretty close to my definition of Punk Rock.” -Kurt Cobain(INFP?)

IMO, How can it be typed any differently then INFP, when it's been cleverly embellished on repeatedly, only to be done deliberately to satisfy ones internal desires?...

Punk Rock creates the excuse for one to rebel against the only real enemy... Themselves!

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well marlon brando makes me think of johnny cash, who might be an infj. but apocalypse now makes me think of joseph conrad, who is the only infj i hate (like you gotta choose between nabokov or him). but maybe you suggest i am, ahem, reading into the text too much. my impression of richard hell was that he was these things. his favorite book was against nature or some shit that sounded awesomely delightfully gleefully dark.

estp- just male friends, acquaintances, sports teams, etc. i could never ever ever get involved with a female estp, i would secretly hate her too much. i was under the impression that they are monsters disguised as humans. shadow much?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, either you like/jive with your shadow or you really don't. Doesn't seem to be a halfway.

I thought Johnny Cash was ISTJ? *rolls around in confusion*