• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Punk Rock

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i would think he'd be an ixfj for sure. i can't imagine an istj singing hurt? plus my favorite songwriter ever david berman of the silver jews way reminds me of johnny cash. and i think david berman is either an infj or maaaaybe an infp. he's way more poetic and metaphoric tho, so i think i'd actually put johnny cash as an isfj. more of a troubadour fj thing writing about and to and in between others rather than from the i'm johnny cash and these songs are ME. seems very Fe.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bruce Springsteen is a very sensitive ISTJ and he wrote that touching song for Mickey Rourke that wound up being used in "the Wrestler". Mickey said he wrote a letter to Bruce after many years absence, basically laying himself painfully open. He didn't hear back for a while because Bruce was on tour. But when he came back, he invited Mick over and played a song he wrote for him, and he said he wrote the song after reading Mick's letter because he wanted to get Mick back on his feet and see him happy again.

It was way sweeter and deeply kind than I just related, but I think ISTJs can have a very profound grasp of what's important and how people fit into things and how to go about getting someone they find worthy out of a gutter, just because they want to.

I just don't think Johnny's an N. *head shake* I could be totally wrong, of course. lol!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Johnny Cash ISFP-Producer Composer

not

ISTJ- Planner Inspector

or

INFJ- Foreseer Developer

cheers. :D

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i concede on the n. but the f!

it's probably the reason why i hate the boss and think he should stick to super bowl party half-time shows in 3-d. go be a john mellancamp. etc.

but i love johnny cash. i believe him. i trust him. i feel like i know when Ts are faking it, i can see thru it, etc. the feelings of others affect johnny greatly.

bruce is too american dream-ish (squeamish), for a nation of future istj american fathers and they're slowly dying embers of tertiary Fi and sentimentalized eras of muscle car glory with my prick is bigger than your prick contests when they were young and could still get it up. it feels like corporate propaganda for suburban sprawl 401k plans and soccer mom danielle steele dreams of dreamboats.

i- also- could be wrong. :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
bruce is too american dream-ish (squeamish), for a nation of future istj american fathers and they're slowly dying embers of tertiary Fi and sentimentalized eras of muscle car glory with my prick is bigger than your prick contests when they were young and could still get it up. it feels like corporate propaganda for suburban sprawl 401k plans and soccer mom danielle steele dreams of dreamboats.

:holy:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
iggy is singing about isolation, social anxiety and jealousy on his "most personal album" (OT) american caesar. we have just learned in a recent thread that, according to both entp and estp, jealousy is for losers only. so iggy is type LOSER ;)

i dont get his type but he reminds me of both Lance Henriksen and the frontman of rammstein. odd enough

okay, this is the sweetest progression of patterns (eugen drewemann, lance henriksen, iggy, from babyface to frankenstein's): I'm gonna have to say intx

im gonna have to throw in armand assante and till lindermann, albeit i am not sure why anyone would want to do such a crazy thing. i probably just like to fuck with those who cannot be fucked with.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

What was pacino's type that this forum decided on? infj?

I just say iggy's estp because he seems to love to hear himself talk and the bartender lady last night not only had the same face and voice but also went on and on about crap she knew she would be the only one laughing at.

As an infp whose physical appearance go much more with the estjs than infps (assuming the webpage Intertype Relationships Chart is halfway reliable), coupled with observations I've made between other conflicted types, I wonder about the ways that appearances can lead us on when we type others.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Now that I think about it, there is a certain forcefulness to his voice that could mean intj. Tom Snyder's pointed questions on youtube don't seem to bother him at all (ego relation?). I'm also inclined to believe it now after revisiting this singer (YouTube - moistboyz - lazy 'n cool). On his website he has an endless amount of writings that are, at the same time, extremely lengthy, opinionated, and very logical. This (Moistboyz - The News) is only a sample of what I could find, but it's definitely an opinionated intj. The guy seems so much like iggy.

Yes, though I think iggy's songwriting is pretty terrible from his start to present (haven't heard it), I'd now think intj.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Search and Destroy"
Im a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm
Im a runaway son of the nuclear a-bomb
I am a worlds forgotten boy
The one who searches and destroys

Honey gotta help me please
Somebody gotta save my soul
Baby detonate for me

Look out honey, cause Im using technology
Aint got time to make no apology
Soul radiation in the dead of night
Love in the middle of a fire fight

Honey gotta strike me blind
Somebody gotta save my soul
Baby penerate my mind

And Im the worlds forgotten boy
The one whos searchin, searchin to destroy
And honey Im the worlds forgotten boyt
The one whos searchin, searchin to destroy

Forgotten boy, forgotten boy
Forgotten boy said hey forgotten boy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Everytime I play Raw Power, it's my favorite album of the moment. There's such a primal charge to the whole thing that I really miss in a lot of his later work. That said, most of my favorite music was made by inxjs now that I look at it and he comes across as one of those who really follows his nose (i.e. Eugene Chadbourne, Beefheart, Bob Pollard, and others) who can do impossible things with music, so I'm willing to take the brilliant with the awful.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i don't disagree. howling is hard to argue with. but maybe that's bc my spirit animal is the lone wolf. did i just say that?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(i.e. Eugene Chadbourne, Beefheart, Bob Pollard, and others)

1) don't know him
2) what type for captain beefheart? zig zag wanderer is my favorite song of his.
3) i'm still waffling on intj for robert pollard. my favorite gbv song is probably i am a scientist. what does this mean?