• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Adam Duritz

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've always had an admiration for this guy. But no idea what his type is. So want to know.

My first guess would be INFP.

I think his singing style has that relaxed Ne feel to it. Se types tend to be a bit more pitch and timing perfected. And he seems to an have INFP outlook a bit.

Sample: Counting Crows - Anna Begins

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Counting Crows have new stuff out. I just heard "Scarecrow" the other day.

Adam Duritz is an extravert. Most interviewers say that he just won't stop talking.

Adam Duritz Interview:

The PR woman is signalling our time is up, but Duritz seems determined to finish his point, he seems to be talking as much to himself as to me.
^That's pretty typical type of stuff for him.

Here's some other quotes that sound ENFPish:

Did you not think that rather than just writing about yourself, you could look out at the world around you, maybe find inspiration in that, I ask. “No, not really,” he says. Fair enough.

Duritz’s songs used the real names of former girlfriends. Did it feel weird to have fans saying they connected with songs like Anna Begins when you knew what they were about? “Those songs aren’t even about the girls,” he tells me. “In Anna Begins Anna is a character, but really the song is not about me and her, it’s just about me. They are all just about me.”

“I would lose people I cared about but I got songs in return and that seemed like it was worth it at one point, but now I think, Jesus, songs are a cheap subsitute for what I have lost.” He looks rather sad. We shake hands and say goodbye and I leave hoping that one day soon Adam Duritz finds the love and contentment that has eluded him so he can finallly check out of the ME hotel.

friendly-dropbear

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP here. I always thought he was an INFP. As for the above comment about wanting to finish his point, that's something I do, but it's also something I'm told even introverts will do if they're passionate about what they're discussing.

Regardless, I've always loved Counting Crows. Their newest album is still growing on me, though.