• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Matrix

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Neo -
Trinity -
Morpheus -
Tank -
Dozer -
Link -
Mouse -
Switch -
Apoc -
Cypher -
Commander Jason Lock -
Niobe -
Councilor Hamann -
Agent Smith -
Agent Brown -
Agent Jones -
The Oracle -
The Architect -
The Merovingian (a.k.a. the Frenchman) -
Persephone (wife) -
The Keymaker -

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll go... I haven't seen the second in for a year or so or the first for about 3, and these are guesses, but here it goes:

Neo - ISTP that becomes an INTP with NF tendencies toward Trin.
Trinity - INT_
Morpheus - ENTP with SJ type faith in the prophecies
Tank -
Dozer -
Link -
Mouse -
Switch -
Apoc -
Cypher - ESTP
Commander Jason Lock - ESTJ
Niobe - E_T_
Councilor Hamann - IN_J
Agent Smith -INTJ
Agent Brown -ISTJ
Agent Jones - ISTJ
The Oracle - ENFJ
The Architect - INTJ
The Merovingian (a.k.a. the Frenchman) - E_T_
Persephone (wife) - ISFP
The Keymaker - IS_J

theplacesyoullgo

The original is among my favorite movies, but the characters really are woefully underdeveloped (which makes sense - a lot of them are programs and designed for performing a number of limited functions), although I had to laugh at "Jason Lock - ESTJ" because he really is almost an ESTJ archetype.

I think the main trio are NTs, with Trinity as possibly an NF. I don't disagree with INTP for Neo and ENTP for Morpheus, although those don't jump out at me as overtly correct, either. (Don't think an ISTP would be all-consumed in his quest to find out the truth behind some "Matrix" theory.) It's hard to get away from Trinity as NT, but overal, she very much reminds me of INFJs rather than INTJs I know. Probably would have guessed INTJ based on the first film alone, but I'm torn when taking all three into consideration.

Morpheus seems awfully humorless for an ENTP, but dire times and all that, I suppose.

(I really wish the second and third movies hadn't been made.)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This thread is gonna mess with me up if I ever wanna do vanity searches :dry:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Poorly developed characters, but Morpheus is an ENFJ. Trinity probably INFJ.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have been informed that Trinity is ENFP (no not me, the movie Trinity). So yeah, that's all.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I know people are going to disagree, but I feel pretty confident about these :D.......

Neo - INFP
Trinity - ISTP
Morpheus - ENFJ
The Oracle - ENFP
The Architect - INTP
The Merovingian (a.k.a. the Frenchman) - ENTP
Persephone (wife) - INFP

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I watched each portion of the matrix series, even animatrix like 20 times and found this very difficult. I think a lot of portions of what make up a person with a type are intentionally absent from the matrix series because it's more about the story/philosophy behind it, so the characters aren't that transparent. But here goes:

Neo - ISFP
Trinity - INFJ
Morpheus - ISFJ
Tank - unk
Dozer - unk
Link - ISTJ
Mouse - unk
Switch - unk
Apoc - unk
Cypher - ISTP
Commander Jason Lock - XSTJ
Niobe - ESTP
Councilor Hamann - INTP (see the part in reloaded w/ neo on the engineering level)
Agent Smith - typable but far too complicated.... goes through several personality changes through the series. I'd say he starts off as ISTJ/INTJ though
Agent Brown -untypable
Agent Jones - untypable
The Oracle - XNFJ
The Architect - INTX
The Merovingian (a.k.a. the Frenchman) - ENT... J? shrug
Persephone (wife) - INTJ
The Keymaker - XSXP

added:
Karl Popper - INXP

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know there's one YouTube video that uses "Architect" as an example of Keirsey's "INTP Architect". Even on there, others apparently protested that he was INTJ. He does sound too directive. I would say Spock was INTP before Architect. Both seem to be totally devoid of feeling, but of course, in real life, no one is really like that. Spock is at least informative.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
The way I see the movie is that all the characters are representative of different mental processes. It's an allegory of the mind.

Typing doesn't make sense - they don't represent complete humans. The are just components personified.

That said, carry on and otherwise disregard this post.

theplacesyoullgo

I'm not going to lie - I really just compared the character to the INTJs and INTPs I know and thought he seemed much more like the INTJs (demeanor and mannerisms). I think when you're "typing" a character as flimsy as him - and as purposely one-dimensional as him - you're probably going to base it on a gut instinct of your general impression of him rather than functional analysis.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My guesses:

Neo - INFJ
Trinity - IXTX
Morpheus - ENFJ

theplacesyoullgo

Wonkavision, I have to mention that I absolutely love your username. WW is one of my favorite movies.

Anyway, I have a hard time buying any of the three main characters as sensors. I know people are going to be all "N-bias!"... but can anyone really imagine a sensor living in a computer world*, hoping to find some "Morpheus" character and figure out what the Matrix is until some guy in black leather shows up to unplug you? The whole concept of the Matrix seems so incredibly N to me. In fact, I've speculated that part of the reason The Matrix was so successful was because it appealed to both intuitives and sensors in totally different but somewhat equal ways (fascinating concept vs. mind-blowing special effects - yes, I know I'm being simplistic).

As for Neo being a sensor... come on, would a sensor really be keeping a hollowed-out copy of Simulacra and Simulation to store software in? ;)

* ETA: I'm not talking about living in the Matrix - rather that Neo, for instance, seems to be detached from the "real world" (and by that I mean the Matrix world people think is real!) when we meet him at the beginning of the first movie.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The way I see the movie is that all the characters are representative of different mental processes. It's an allegory of the mind.

Typing doesn't make sense - they don't represent complete humans. The are just components personified.

That said, carry on and otherwise disregard this post.

Yes. This one.