• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Matrix

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
There isn't enough character development, but I agree with INTJ, or INT of sorts, based upon her actions in the second movie- - when she knew the plan wouldn't work, she quickly stepped up to take control and see the plan through, risking her own life in the process.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neo- ISTP
Trin- INTJ
Morpheus- ENFJ
Tank- INTP
Link- ENTP
Switch- ESTP
Apoc- ESTP
Mouse- INTP
Cypher- ISTP
Niobe- ExTP
Ghost- ISTP
Commander Lock- ESTJ
Harmann- INTP
Smith- INTJ
Agent Brown- ISTJ
Agent Jones- ISTJ
The Oracle- ENFP
The Architect (AKA Colonel Sanders)- INTJ
The Merovingian- ESTP
Persephone- ENFP
Cain- ENTP
Able- ISTJ
The Ghosts- ISTJ
The Keymaker- INTP
Seraph- ISTJ

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the Architect is an INTJ.

Nah, he's like the definition of an INTP, creating complex systems is what they do in their sleep.

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Keanu Reeves - INFJ
Fishburne - INTJ
Carrie Ann Moss - INFP
Monica Belluci - INFP
Jada Pinkett Smith - INTJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keanu Reeves - INFJ
Fishburne - INTJ
Carrie Ann Moss - INFP
Monica Belluci - INFP
Jada Pinkett Smith - INTJ
This thread is about the characters, not the actors.
17.gif

Keanu Reeves can't possibly be an Fe type -- much less an Ni/Fe type. He wouldn't suck as horribly at acting as he does. I think he's ISTJ.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like the typings in this thread of these three.

Neo - INFP, ISFP, ISTP(2), INTP(2), INFJ(2)
Hmmmm... Is his type not obvious enough?

Trinity - ISTP(2), ENFP, INFJ(2), INTJ(2), INTX, IXTX
...I would've thought trinity would be one of the easiest to type...

Morpheus - ENFJ(3), ENTP, INXJ, ISFJ
Hmmmm...

KDude

This thread is about the characters, not the actors.
17.gif

Keanu Reeves can't possibly be an Fe type -- much less an Ni/Fe type. He wouldn't suck as horribly at acting as he does. I think he's ISTJ.

I'm pretty sure Anmalech is just here to piss you off.

I don't think Keanu is a bad actor though.. he's so... umm... neutral.. that he can play almost anything. Don't underestimate that :newwink:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Neo - ISFJ or ISTJ
Trinity - ISTP
Morpheus - ENFJ
Switch- ISTP
Mouse- ENTP
Cypher- xSTP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure Anmalech is just here to piss you off
All he's done is make himself look stupid. I actually just laughed when I saw that.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Anyway, I have a hard time buying any of the three main characters as sensors. I know people are going to be all "N-bias!"... but can anyone really imagine a sensor living in a computer world*, hoping to find some "Morpheus" character and figure out what the Matrix is until some guy in black leather shows up to unplug you? The whole concept of the Matrix seems so incredibly N to me. In fact, I've speculated that part of the reason The Matrix was so successful was because it appealed to both intuitives and sensors in totally different but somewhat equal ways (fascinating concept vs. mind-blowing special effects - yes, I know I'm being simplistic).

As for Neo being a sensor... come on, would a sensor really be keeping a hollowed-out copy of Simulacra and Simulation to store software in? ;)

* ETA: I'm not talking about living in the Matrix - rather that Neo, for instance, seems to be detached from the "real world" (and by that I mean the Matrix world people think is real!) when we meet him at the beginning of the first movie.

This is the single most idiotic post I've read in a long time. Congratulations.

TheDude72727

MBTI Type
IxTx
Wonkavision, I have to mention that I absolutely love your username. WW is one of my favorite movies.

Anyway, I have a hard time buying any of the three main characters as sensors. I know people are going to be all "N-bias!"... but can anyone really imagine a sensor living in a computer world*, hoping to find some "Morpheus" character and figure out what the Matrix is until some guy in black leather shows up to unplug you? The whole concept of the Matrix seems so incredibly N to me. In fact, I've speculated that part of the reason The Matrix was so successful was because it appealed to both intuitives and sensors in totally different but somewhat equal ways (fascinating concept vs. mind-blowing special effects - yes, I know I'm being simplistic).

As for Neo being a sensor... come on, would a sensor really be keeping a hollowed-out copy of Simulacra and Simulation to store software in? ;)

* ETA: I'm not talking about living in the Matrix - rather that Neo, for instance, seems to be detached from the "real world" (and by that I mean the Matrix world people think is real!) when we meet him at the beginning of the first movie.

Ehrm... So the only thing I could gather from what you said, was...

Neo is an iNtuitive because he seems "detached". This is insufficient evidence.

The "detached" vibe can be attributed to multiple functions, or function orders... It really doesn't suggest anything by itself. Anyways, I would describe Neo as more "apathetic" than "detached". This, to me, says more about F vs T. So really... The only thing to be gleaned is that Neo could possibly be a T user of some sort. There's nothing, at least in your analysis, to suggest N or S.

Other than that one flimsy argument, I have yet to even understand why you "have a hard time buying any of the three main characters as sensors".

That is, if I knew which characters you were talking about.

Morpheus seems to be an NFJ of some sort, (I'm leaning towards INFJ, because he strikes me as an NI dom).

Neo could be ISTJ;
He was rather cautious, and even refused multiple times to enter the matrix, before finally being convinced.

Trinity... she seemed like an archetypal ISTP to me, and Ti being the dominant function would be consistent with her "hacking" talent. Although I could be wrong about this one, ISTJ seems like a contender. After all, she seemed to put a lot of trust into Morpheus, and the Zion Prophecies, (in contrast to Cipher).

Or maybe she was just a dedicated ISTP.