• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

James McAvoy

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Having seen him interviewed on Craig Ferguson, I'm inclined to say ENFP, although he could also be an INFP who has learned to "play up" to the cameras when the need arises.

Lightyear

He is the kind of guy who is not outstandingly handsome but has more than enough charisma and presence to make up for that. I also love his sharp wit in interviews. Would go with ENFP.

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would say INFJ or INFP. (he's my favourite actor :blush:).

Lightyear

I saw him last night (he is doing a play at the moment and I and some other fans waited at the stage door to get an autograph). He seemed kind of shy but was also quite personable considering the situation, trying to be kind and not to leave people out. Maybe INFP. I think an ENFP would bask far more in the attention. Or perhaps he just had a shy day.

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
^ that's cool that you got an autograph :). the play's called 'three days of rain,' right? i wish i could go see it, it's no fun living in Australia.

about the E/I thing (me having watched/ read every interview this guy's ever done :blush:), I'm sure he's an introvert. he keeps his personal life very private, says he likes cooking and hiking, and doesn't often go to parties (especially the hollywood kind). etcetc.
doesn't strike me as an E at all, even though he is a brilliant actor and very personable.

I relate to him a lot though, which makes me think that maybe he's an INFJ :huh:, but then again, i can see that he fits INFP pretty well too. maybe it's because i have INFP tendancies, and sometimes score INFP on tests.

anyway. i'm lame. :hi::doh:

Lightyear

I found this quote about James McAvoy in a Daily Express article from January 2008.

"Or as Channel 4's controller of film and drama Tessa Ross put it:

'We feel we might know him, he might be our mate. The closer and truer he's got to himself, the more exciting he is as an actor.' "

That sounds a lot like Fi to me. Internal values, being true to yourself. The one thing one notices while reading his interviews is how unpretentious he is, it's all about being simple and authentic.

He is one of the few celebrities that have a special place in my heart (another one is Robert Downey Jr), I will most likely never get to know him personally but he feels like a kindred spirit and I pray for him and care about him and wish him loads and loads of success and happiness.

ring the bell

He reminds me so much of a couple of ENFP's that I've known. I've been in love with him ever since I saw Penelope...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't Robert Downey ENFP too?

I first really noticed him in this adaptation of Macbeth. Totally mesmerizing performance. Made for TV so non-Brits may not have seen it. See it if you can and you're a fan.
[YOUTUBE="WB_KT7e0JSE"]Macbeth[/YOUTUBE]

Lightyear

Isn't Robert Downey ENFP too?

I first really noticed him in this adaptation of Macbeth. Totally mesmerizing performance. Made for TV so non-Brits may not have seen it. See it if you can and you're a fan.

Robert Downey Jr is so ENFP he should become their official poster boy! :) But he seems far more extroverted and attention-happy than McAvoy, give him an audience and he will start writing a script! But he has also the same emotional intensity and versatility like James McAvoy.

I first noticed McAvoy in 2004 while watching him play a wheelchair-bound character in "Inside I'm dancing", his on-screen-presence was so mesmerizing that it was instantly clear he would become huge.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Robert Downey Jr is so ENFP he should become their official poster boy! :) But he seems far more extroverted and attention-happy than McAvoy, give him an audience and he will start writing a script! But he has also the same emotional intensity and versatility like James McAvoy.

I first noticed McAvoy in 2004 while watching him play a wheelchair-bound character in "Inside I'm dancing", his on-screen-presence was so mesmerizing that it was instantly clear he would become huge.

i think so too! jack flak said enfj...but i don't think so either...totally enfp. :D
so :p jack! haha

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Throw your knickers. He likes that!

Last edited: