• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skins (TV) Series 3

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Effy: INTJ no possible way she is an F

you know very disturbed Fe user is very disturbed. imo it seems that what he looking for, is more of Fe than Te thing, basically she wants to control peoples emotions, wrap them around her finger and its her view of fun, i doubt an INTJ would care for that sort of stuff.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An INFJ wants to understand, an INTJ wants to control.
She's not interested in people, she's interested in manipulating connections. She enjoys standing out of the group, she has absolutely no interest in being "nice" to achieve goals (Fe), and her fucked up Fi manifests itself in season 4.

basically she wants to control peoples emotions, wrap them around her finger and its her view of fun, i doubt an INTJ would care for that sort of stuff.

That's exactly what a troubled INTJ would care for :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
An INFJ wants to understand, an INTJ wants to control.
She's not interested in people, she's interested in manipulating connections. She enjoys standing out of the group, she has absolutely no interest in being "nice" to achieve goals (Fe), and her fucked up Fi manifests itself in season 4.

you got it wrong, Fe is not about understanding any more as Te is, they are actually very similar, you are confusing it to Ji. Fe isnt about achieving goals either, being nice isnt Fe thing either if you are as disturbed as she is.

what she went through on season 4 had nothing to do with Fi, she just lost her mind(also it seemed more of a problem with P than J function), not everything in human mind is about MBTI you know. not to mention that she is a fictional character and fictional characters might go through some unrealistic internal mind works, even if the character had a really realistic personality in other ways.

That's exactly what a troubled INTJ would care for :)

controlling overall or controlling emotions? controlling emotions and social circles is a Fe thing, controlling overall is Je thing, Te would be more like controlling what way a mild bottle is in the fridge :D . okay it can get more like getting people under your control to do tasks for you and that sort of stuff, but controlling social circles + emotions is definitely an Fe thing, no doubt. also you should remember that F type does not equal to emotional person, Fe users can be as stone cold(or even worse) than Te types.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you got it wrong, Fe is not about understanding any more as Te is, they are actually very similar, you are confusing it to Ji. Fe isnt about achieving goals either

*facepalm*

Re-read my post please.

what she went through on season 4 had nothing to do with Fi, she just lost her mind(also it seemed more of a problem with P than J function)

Losing her mind = Ni-Fi loop.

not everything in human mind is about MBTI you know

*facepalm*

So you can't type anybody based on their actions in confusing and disturbing situations, which happen to lead to psychosis...?
How is this an argument against her being a Fi-user?

not to mention that she is a fictional character and fictional characters might go through some unrealistic internal mind works, even if the character had a really realistic personality in other ways.

Yes, her really realistic personality is a Ni-dom Te-aux INTJ who handles stress exactly the way she does.

controlling overall or controlling emotions?

"Controlling overall"? What does it mean to "controll overall"? Everything is accomplished through manipulating connections and moving chess pieces. It can be achieved through Fe or Te. Effy doesn't care shit about people's emotions and inner world until it serves her purpose, she's a thinker.

Te would be more like controlling what way a mild bottle is in the fridge :D.

I think I had enough facepalms for today.

also you should remember that F type does not equal to emotional person, Fe users can be as stone cold(or even worse) than Te types.

No, F type means decision-making based on emotions. T type means decision-making based on logic and rationally identified interests.
How on earth can you say that Effy's basing her decisions on her current emotional state?

Last edited:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
F type means decision-making based on emotions.

lol you are so lost with the basics that there is no point on arguing you, not to mention that you are an INTJ so you would simply refuse to understand if i would teach you the basics..

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry if I sounded condescending, I had a really, really fucked up week.
I've also made some mistakes in my last post. How about you disregard my rudeness, and I disregard your short-sighted type-based generalization on trying to "teach me" stuff, deal?

What I'm saying is:

personality.info said:
"Feeling people make decisions based on feelings, so the Extraverted Feeling function allows a person to adjust their behavior to the needs of others. Is it the ability to relate and the desire to connect with others with warmth and consideration. It draws others out and responds to expressed or unexpressed needs."

Effy does not base her actions on feelings. She is a careful planner, remember that episode from season 2 where he basicly put up a petit Xanatos Gambit to re-arrange the relationships of Sid+Cassie and Tony+Michelle because of an art project?
She crafted a VERY complicated plan to solve a seemingly impossible situation because she just couldn't FEEL anything otherwise. She couldn't bring herself to paint anger, passion, love etc. because her emotions were so rough, so she tryed to force Sid into finishing the project for her.

Remember season 3? They were out in the woods, and she told Freddie to hit her, because she wanted to feel something. Of course, she DID feel lots of stuff, including but not limited to immense love, but she found it impossible to tame her feelings, let alone communicate them. She feels strongly, and it scares her, so she fucks around.
This is the fucked-up Fi of a thinker, not the fucked up Fe of a feeler imo. And this is her pre-psychotic stage.

What you might be confusing for "feeling" is her ability to see right through people. True, she does that, but she's using Ni.

20090219064007.jpg

Sexiest female character I've ever seen on TV.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry if I sounded condescending, I had a really, really fucked up week.
I've also made some mistakes in my last post. How about you disregard my rudeness, and I disregard your short-sighted type-based generalization on trying to "teach me" stuff, deal?

What I'm saying is:

Effy does not base her actions on feelings. She is a careful planner, remember that episode from season 2 where he basicly put up a petit Xanatos Gambit to re-arrange the relationships of Sid+Cassie and Tony+Michelle because of an art project?
She crafted a VERY complicated plan to solve a seemingly impossible situation because she just couldn't FEEL anything otherwise. She couldn't bring herself to paint anger, passion, love etc. because her emotions were so rough, so she tryed to force Sid into finishing the project for her.

Remember season 3? They were out in the woods, and she told Freddie to hit her, because she wanted to feel something. Of course, she DID feel lots of stuff, including but not limited to immense love, but she found it impossible to tame her feelings, let alone communicate them. She feels strongly, and it scares her, so she fucks around.
This is the fucked-up Fi of a thinker, not the fucked up Fe of a feeler imo. And this is her pre-psychotic stage.

What you might be confusing for "feeling" is her ability to see right through people. True, she does that, but she's using Ni.

20090219064007.jpg

Sexiest female character I've ever seen on TV.

you are using the word 'feeling' in a wrong way when speaking about this. what you seem to use the word feeling for seems to be some mixture of affects, feelings(as in i feel like doing this) and F function. and it looks like thats where the confusion comes.

carl jung said:
AFFECT. By the term affect I mean a state of feeling characterized by marked physical innervation on the one hand and a peculiar disturbance of the ideational process on the other. I use emotion as synonymous with affect. I distinguish ... feeling from affect, in spite of the fact that the dividing line is fluid, since every feeling, after attaining a certain strength, releases physical innervations, thus becoming an affect. For practical reasons, however, it is advisable to distinguish affect from feeling, since feeling can be a voluntarily disposable function, whereas affect is usually not. Similarly, affect is clearly distinguished from feeling by quite perceptible physical innervations, while feeling for the most part lacks them, or else their intensity is so slight that they can be demonstrated only by the most delicate instruments ..."

carl jung said:
3. Feeling

Feeling in the extraverted attitude is orientated by objective data, i.e. the object is the indispensable determinant of the kind of feeling. It agrees with objective values. If one has always known feeling as a subjective fact, the nature of extraverted feeling will not immediately be understood, since it has freed itself as fully as possible from the subjective factor, and has, instead, become wholly subordinated to the influence of the object. Even where it seems to show a certain independence of the quality of the concrete object, it is none the less under the spell of. traditional or generally valid standards of some sort. I may feel constrained, for instance, to use the predicate 'beautiful' or 'good', not because I find the object 'beautiful' or 'good' from my own subjective feeling, but because it is fitting and politic so to do; and fitting it certainly is, inasmuch as a contrary opinion would disturb the general feeling situation. A feeling-judgment such as this is in no way a simulation or a lie -- it is merely an act of accommodation. A picture, for instance, may be termed beautiful, because a picture that is hung in a drawing-room and bearing a well-known signature is generally assumed to be beautiful, or because the predicate 'ugly' might offend the family of the fortunate possessor, or because there is a benevolent intention on the part of the visitor to create a pleasant feeling-atmosphere, to which end everything must be felt as agreeable. Such feelings are governed by the standard of the objective determinants. As such they are genuine, and represent the total visible feeling-function.

In precisely the same way as extraverted thinking strives to rid itself of subjective influences, extraverted feeling has also to undergo a certain process of differentiation, before it is finally denuded of every subjective [p. 447] trimming. The valuations resulting from the act of feeling either correspond directly with objective values or at least chime in with certain traditional and generally known standards of value. This kind of feeling is very largely responsible for the fact that so many people flock to the theatre, to concerts, or to Church, and what is more, with correctly adjusted positive feelings. Fashions, too, owe their existence to it, and, what is far more valuable, the whole positive and wide-spread support of social, philanthropic, and such like cultural enterprises. In such matters, extraverted feeling proves itself a creative factor. Without this feeling, for instance, a beautiful and harmonious sociability would be unthinkable. So far extraverted feeling is just as beneficent and rationally effective as extraverted thinking. But this salutary effect is lost as soon as the object gains an exaggerated influence. For, when this happens, extraverted feeling draws the personality too much into the object, i.e. the object assimilates the person, whereupon the personal character of the feeling, which constitutes its principal charm, is lost. Feeling then becomes cold, material, untrustworthy. It betrays a secret aim, or at least arouses the suspicion of it in an impartial observer. No longer does it make that welcome and refreshing impression the invariable accompaniment of genuine feeling; instead, one scents a pose or affectation, although the egocentric motive may be entirely unconscious.

Such overstressed, extraverted feeling certainly fulfils æsthetic expectations, but no longer does it speak to the heart; it merely appeals to the senses, or -- worse still -- to the reason. Doubtless it can provide æsthetic padding for a situation, but there it stops, and beyond that its effect is nil. It has become sterile. Should this process go further, a strangely contradictory dissociation of feeling develops; every object is seized upon with feeling- [p. 448] valuations, and numerous relationships are made which are inherently and mutually incompatible. Since such aberrations would be quite impossible if a sufficiently emphasized subject were present, the last vestige of a real personal standpoint also becomes suppressed. The subject becomes so swallowed up in individual feeling processes that to the observer it seems as though there were no longer a subject of feeling but merely a feeling process. In such a condition feeling has entirely forfeited its original human warmth, it gives an impression of pose, inconstancy, unreliability, and in the worst cases appears definitely hysterical.

now that we cleared out the difference between emotions/affects and feelings and i cba to continue atm. so if you just answer to this question and we can continue from that. you meant that she doesent base her actions on emotions, not feelings as jung described them above right?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First generation

Tony: ENTJ
Michelle: ENFJ ESFJ
Sid: ISFP
Cassie: INFJ
Chris: ESFP
Jal: ISTJ
Maxxie: ISFP
Anwar: ISFJ ENFP

Second generation

Effy: INTJ
Pandora: ENFP
Cook: ESTP
Freddie: ISFJ
JJ: ENTJ (please explain) INTP
Naomie Campbell: ESTJENfJ
Megan: ENFJ
Emily: ISFP

JJ is a nerdy ENTJ, like Bill Gates. He need to control his environment (J) and is openly talkative about his weird ideas and analysis (E).

Naomie is actually ENTJ, but I think that she's a 1w2 and the wing 2 make you think she more ENfJ.

Michelle is ESFJ, yeah, Anwar, I don't remember.

Sunny Ghost

Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always thought Fi-dom. And ISFP specifically.
Sid I get ISTP.
Tony, ENTx, though I lean more towards ENTJ.
Michelle ESFP.
Jal INFJ.
Chris ESTP.

Only watched the first season or volume so far.

After watching the second volume... I've decided Cassie is definitely an INFx.
Sid: ISFP
Anwar: ESxx
Michelle: ESFP
Chris: ESxP
Jal: ISFJ or maybe ESFJ. Def an SJ.
Tony: ENTx

Within

Permabanned
JJ: INTP
Cook: ESFP
Thomas: ESFP
Naomi: ENFJ
Emily: ISFP
Katie: ESFP

Sunny Ghost

Freddie ISFP
Effy INTJ
Emily ISFP
Katie ESFP
Pandora ExFP
JJ xNTP
Cook ESTP
Naomi ENFJ
Thomas ??

velvetoveralls

MBTI Type
INFJ
Freddie - ISFP
Effy - INFJ
Emily - INFP
Katie - ESTJ
Pandora - ENFP
JJ - ENTX
Cook - ESTP
Naomi - XNFJ
Thomas - ISFJ

Sid - ISFP
Maxxie - ISFP
Anwar - ESFP
Michelle - ESFJ
Effy - INFJ
Chris - ESFP
Jal - ISTJ
Tony - ENTP

I could see why one might think Effy is an INTJ, but she exhibits quite a lot of Fe. And INFJs are very logical.

Julgre96

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Generation 1
Tony- ENTJ
Michelle- ESFJ
Cassie- INFJ
Jal- ISTJ
Chris- ESFP
Sid- ISFP
Maxxie- xxFP? (not sure about him)
Anwar- ENFP
Sketch- INFP

Generation 2
Effy- INTJ
Pandora- ENFP
Thomas- xSFJ (not sure about this one)
Cook- ESTP
Freddie- ISFJ
JJ- INTP
Emily- INFP
Katie- ESxJ
Naomi- INFJ

Generation 3
Franky- INFP
Alo- ENFP
Rich- ISTP
Mini- ESTJ
Liv- ESFP
Grace- ENFJ
Nick- ESFJ
Matty- INTP
Alex- ENTP

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gen. 1:
I agree with some, but:
Cassie is most definitely a P. She did a lot of random shit, plus her spontaneous escape to NY is something I'd never expected from a J. In first season she seemed introverted, but latter she behave like someone in between E and I...So xNFP for her. (If Cassie in INFJ I am as well, and I am not! :D )
Jal is F! The way she always tried to help everyone and took care for them! She was the first who helped Chris when he had family problems and the first who brought Cassie to hospital, when she did her suicide attempt.
Maxxie seems xSFP. Not an intuitive type for sure. Maybe ESFP 4.
Anwar is not N as well... No idea, no originality, no identity seeking, no NF type.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First generation

Tony: ENTP
Michelle: ISFJ
Sid: INFP
Cassie: INFJ
Chris: ESFP
Jal: ESTJ
Anwar: ISFP
Sketch: INFJ

Second generation

Effy: INFJ
Cook: ESTP
JJ: INTP
Katie: ESFP
Emily: INFJ

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jal is F! The way she always tried to help everyone and took care for them! She was the first who helped Chris when he had family problems and the first who brought Cassie to hospital, when she did her suicide attempt.

I think anyone would take someone to the hospital when they're dying. Thinkers aren't incapable of helping others/taking appropriate medical initiative.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think anyone would take someone to the hospital when they're dying. Thinkers aren't incapable of helping others/taking appropriate medical initiative.
My point was not only about the hospital, I am sure that anyone would help in this situation. My point was also about Chris and his family problems. I can as well add Sid and his troubles with drug dealer in first season , when everyone did not know how to help and went away she said "we can't left him like that, we have to help" . Or when Michelle had relationship problems she was always for her to listen.Her actions in general seem to be motivated by doing the "right" thing, what is expected from her from others. That's why I think she's Fe. ISFJ but I would consider INFJ as possibility as well. If she is ISTJ she would use Fi , but she doesn't seem to be driven by internal value system.

Julgre96

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
How is Michelle an introvert?
Also, I saw no signs of intution with Sid. I do believe he was an introverted, spontaneous feeler, but he seemed more like a sensing type to me.
And Jal... An extrovert? She always wanted to be alone from her friends and family, and had to retreat to recharge her batteries or play the clarinet alone in her room.

As for Effy... She might have seemed like a feeler in the fourth season, because she went crazy and into a state of severe depression. However, it is clear that she is a thinking type, often choosing to be independent and pushing people away that she loved. She was very cold, calculating, and strategizing with her situations and relationships, as seen when mending the "soap opera" of Cassie, Sid, Tony, and Michelle (which she had no interest in sympathetically, she just needed to complete an art project). Also, she tried to hide her emotions as much as she could, putting on a front that she didn't bother "caring about people." She is a master at manipulation, and I think this is often confused with an emotional personality.

Everything else I agree with, though I think Katie be a TJ, as she is very structured, driven, and ambitious. Emily, on the other hand, is more spontaneous and emotional, often breaking from the family and following her heart. Nice list overall though.

Julgre96

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It is possible, since ISFJs are known to be very loyal. Though in the first season she struck me as an ISTJ, because of her robotic-like work ethic and lack of interest in drama and other's problems. I think at some point all of the traumatic things that happened to her brought out her inner emotions, showing her feeling side. But deep down, I think she is an ISTJ. After all, ISTJs are not incapable of loving others, as Abbey pointed out.