• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bjork's type

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say ISFP.. She've create a very interesting visual universe and that sounds SP, she's without no doubt an FP type, an Fi dom probably. She've strong NF leanings though. The strongest side is FP, so she's near of ESFP, ENFP or INFP too.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By this reasoning, Kate Bush (someone who I consider to be an almost indisputable INFP) is ISFP.

I would consider ISFP for Bjork, but it wouldn't be for any of the reasons you listed. It would instead be because of her extreme aesthetic focus (ever seen that interview of her about her home?) With her it seems like it's more the aesthetic first, words/concept second. And she seems less verbal.

I'm not that familiar with Kate Bush's lyrics - she is not idealistic at all?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I know her name is pronounced B-york, but I prefer Bu-Jork.

It's more fun.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
An extrovert?! And not if Kobe Bryant is istj.

I really don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not that familiar with Kate Bush's lyrics - she is not idealistic at all?

There are a few songs where she voices her emotional reactions to political issues (e.g., breathing), but for the most part, her lyrics consist of philosophizing about human relationships and interaction.

Bjork's lyrics are less global and based off of concepts, which makes me think S. But both come off as sweet, gentle, and reserved in interviews, and both (mostly) avoid lamenting the world because it doesn't function the way they think it should. Neither of them are really similar to The Cure in that respect.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say ISFP.. She've create a very interesting visual universe and that sounds SP, she's without no doubt an FP type, an Fi dom probably. She've strong NF leanings though. The strongest side is FP, so she's near of ESFP, ENFP or INFP too.
Best answer yet

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know how you can't, owewz.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are a few songs where she voices her emotional reactions to political issues (e.g., breathing), but for the most part, her lyrics consist of philosophizing about human relationships and interaction.

Bjork's lyrics are less global and based off of concepts, which makes me think S. But both come off as sweet, gentle, and reserved in interviews, and both (mostly) avoid lamenting the world because it doesn't function the way they think it should. Neither of them are really similar to The Cure in that respect.

That's pretty much what I meant. I was not saying all INFPs are like Robert Smith or have lyrics just like his.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
That's pretty much what I meant. I was not saying all INFPs are like Robert Smith or have lyrics just like his.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

And I didn't think that you said all INFPs are like Robert Smith or have lyrics just like Robert Smith's. I interpreted what you said as meaning "INFPs have an edgier, more sullen public persona than the sweeter, gentler ISFPs, and have a greater concern with political issues." That's what I took issue with because Kate Bush would be a clear counter example.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

And I didn't think that you said all INFPs are like Robert Smith or have lyrics just like Robert Smith's. I interpreted what you said as meaning "INFPs have an edgier, more sullen public persona than the sweeter, gentler ISFPs, and have a greater concern with political issues." That's what I took issue with because Kate Bush would be a clear counter example.

I think INFPs might tend more towards sullen, but not always. It's a generalization, true. I mean, Audrey Hepburn is the picture of sweetness and she's an INFP.

I didn't mean "political" so much as "philosophical" either. I actually don't see INFPs writing directly about politics very much. It's generally a grander view of the nature of man and that sort of thing. This is something I don't see so much in Bjork's lyrics, as you noted also.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what about bjork as enfj? tertiary Se, aux Ni, and dom Fe? i get some weird thom yorkeness whenever i watch her, but at the same time, she is so visually stunning. which makes me think not infj. but i don't buy the isfp. she seems strangely philosophically and VERY very imaginative. i get strong Ni.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
what about bjork as enfj? tertiary Se, aux Ni, and dom Fe? i get some weird thom yorkeness whenever i watch her, but at the same time, she is so visually stunning. which makes me think not infj. but i don't buy the isfp. she seems strangely philosophically and VERY very imaginative. i get strong Ni.

I've been thinking about ENFJ too. Studied the cover of Post for it... It remains difficult to type her. Better look at some interviews....

Edit: or read some. This interesting quote 'Music for me is like fact. Like algebra.' is similar to what an ENFJ girl that I know once said. Add an ENFJ's need to be alone...

Edit 2: I wonder if she might be ESFJ.

Edit 3: Or ESFP, like is said somewhere. Retains the Ni - Fi.

Last edited:

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I've no real reasoning yet, but I can get no other than INTP now, from this interview:
YouTube - Björk -- Harald Schmidt Show Interview

I would not have thought she was a thinker, but now it seems obvious somehow...

Any other thoughts?

Hope to get back to this later

she seems strangely philosophically and VERY very imaginative. i get strong Ni.
This might be directly the ennea nine-ness (which I read many see as her ennea type)
See this piece with correlations that has Ni at point 9:
Interpreting Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator Data With the Enneagram of Consciousness.

At least this is the angle I look at it from now

Edit: Springing off the page (in this thread and interviews on youtube) is ennea type 9. That doesn't make her MBTI typing easier. INFJ wouldn't be so bad. INFJs can be high on sensing, as can be any type...

Last edited:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
she screams infp to me, her lyrics remind me of infp writers, i see strong Fi and Ne, enfp is a possibility

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
She screams isfp to me. Can't explain herself at all.

Sunny Ghost

The poems on that last album have an especially raw, earthy tone. Many references to the physical body along with a certain questioning of morality using irony. She's an interesting one because her content and presentation of herself is very dramatic, sensual, earthy, exploring opposites. She seems to prefer images that reach out and grab. The poem titled "Hope" has the strongest INFJ feel as it explores the ironies of morality. The others may explore dichotomies, but they also revel in raw sensory images. I would never have pegged them as INFJ without a suggestion. They don't seem especially so, but I could be wrong.

Edit: one thing to keep in mind is that not every opposite or irony produces a profound or deeper meaning. Sometimes they are just jarring concepts juxatopsed to shake up the brain and senses. "Aha" moments wouldn't mean much if you just smash any old arbitrary ideas together. There's a helluva lot of that arbitrary association going on in coffee houses around the world.

I agree. I also feel as though an INFP, much like an INFJ, would write something a bit more seamless and with more clarity and sophistication. However, I don't truly have an INFJ writer to compare to. I do have one INFJ friend and I'm always amazed and how clear and precise her thoughts are. Bjork's lyrics strike me more as "dancing around" in a way... if that makes any sense.