• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Director Type List

Raffaella

bon vivant
have you watched david lynch's films???? they're nothing if not dreamy! also, they're very absurd. lynch has Ne. and INFPs are very 'atmospheric' in their work so i don't really know where you're getting this from

It would be feasible to read the rest of my conversation with Arctic before quoting me. I did clarify what I meant by "dreamy":

I meant the hazy, dreamy atmosphere you see in Sofia Coppola's work.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It would be feasible to read the rest of my conversation with Arctic before quoting me. I did clarify what I meant by "dreamy":

yes, i did read your posts. not every INFP work is going to look exactly like sofia coppola's... i think what is meant by 'dreamy' is creating this feeling or sense that one is in a dream, either by creating great absurdity or this sort of hazy atmosphere. either way, there's a blurring between the real and imagined that is very INFP. and david lynch's work contains many absurd Ne scenarios.

Raffaella

bon vivant
yes, i did read your posts. not every INFP work is going to look exactly like sofia coppola's... i think what is meant by 'dreamy' is creating this feeling or sense that one is in a dream, either by creating great absurdity or this sort of hazy atmosphere. either way, there's a blurring between the real and imagined that is very INFP. and david lynch's work contains many absurd Ne scenarios.

Yes, but INFJs are able to do that also... I can what you would attribute to Ne so where do you see Fi?

Edit: I created a thread for him.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but INFJs are able to do that also... I can what you would attribute to Ne so where do you see Fi?

Edit: I created a thread for him.

i suppose i see it in his personal vision... it's a very specific, absurd one. i'll have to think about where i see Fi explicitly; i just know that there is strong Ne and his work reminds me of a lot of INFPs i know + all INFPs i know LOVE him.