• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Author Type List III

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The post above yours brings up an interesting question. What made a possible XNFJ end up in a library in the end like that?

What makes any of us end up in a library?

Love of books. Hatred of other people.

He was too funny/irreverent to be an NFJ.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

that sounds xNTP.

"In his own time, Montaigne was admired more as a statesman than as an author."

Reinforces ENTP definition. ENTP is the most introverted of the Es, especially as they age. They could certainly spend large amounts of time in the library.

"The tendency in his essays to digress into anecdotes and personal ruminations was seen as detrimental to proper style rather than as an innovation, and his declaration that, 'I am myself the matter of my book', was viewed by his contemporaries as self-indulgent."

ENTP again.

His Wikipedia page is full of evidence for him being ENTP. But then, I haven't read any of his works though, so that's just my opinion...

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Do i gotta spell this out. An ENFJ is probably the most capable of merging serious intellectual speculation with casual anecdotes. We read that Michel was isolated in the end because how else are E/XNFJ historically noted when allofasudden they decide to actually enjoy their latter years. The people that noted Michel that way were upset that they stoped gettin the love from him at that point of so called isolation.

ENTP is possible because maybe he was tryin to make sure all his work was accurate in this so called isolation. I say this isolation served all those mooches around him justly.

Dammit

S

Sniffles

I agree with the former, but not the latter. Love of books does not necessarily equate to misanthropy.

I choose to ignore this.

Reinforces ENTP definition. ENTP is the most introverted of the Es, especially as they age. They could certainly spend large amounts of time in the library.

That certainly was true with Hilaire Belloc as he aged too. Although I believe he was more well-known as a writer than a MP, even though he openly referred to much of his writings as "hack work".

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Note to Peguy: Quoting is not the best way to go about ignoring something.

And thanks for reinforcing the humourless NFJ stereotype ;).

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7

Read that Wiki page again. What happened in his life in the period before this so called isolation.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
~On Idleness

"Just as fallow lands, when rich and fertile, are seen to abound in hundreds and thousands of different kinds of useless weeds so that, if we would make them do their duty, we must subdue them and keep them busy with seeds specifically sown for our service; and just as women left alone may sometimes be seen to produce shapeless lumps of flesh but need to be kept busy by a semen other than her own in order to produce good natural offspring; so too with our minds. "

Right enough. Could be an INFJ.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Pretty sure that Tolkien's an INTP. I don't see someone that grammatically focused as an F

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
william blake:
N dominant, probably NF. the story about his death, the posthumous recognition as one of the greatest artists. i'd probably say ENFP.

percy b. shelley: ENFP
he captured neoplatonism very well, so i wouldn't expect to have less than a dominant intuitive function.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
william blake:
N dominant, probably NF. the story about his death, the posthumous recognition as one of the greatest artists. i'd probably say ENFP.

Blake not an I? He seemed to live very much inside his own head.

percy b. shelley: ENFP
he captured neoplatonism very well, so i wouldn't expect to have less than a dominant intuitive function.

Many people in the Romantic Poets thread think ISFP for him...

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After watching a couple of interviews, I would place Stephanie Meyer (no, I don't like her books) as an ESFP. It's always hard to quantify these things but if I were to try, I would point to her chattiness (E), her "go for it" attitude and focus on sensation (S), her emotionality and interest in love (F), and that her Sensing is obviously extroverted (P).

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Blake not an I? He seemed to live very much inside his own head.

i was thinking E because of his P. i doubt he is INFP. he could have been an INFJ for all i know though.

Many people in the Romantic Poets thread think ISFP for him...

i doubt he is S, especially because of his influences towards byron as well as people like albert nobel. an S person wouldn't make ripples like that in history.