• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wilbur the Pig's type

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wilbur the Pig (the "humble" ISFJ)

What say you to Wilbur the Pig ("Charlotte's Web") as an ISFJ?

He strikes me as follows:
  1. Quiet/Low-key and yet friendly. (IF)
  2. Not particularly profound, but compassionate and "real." (SF)
  3. Humble (I)
  4. Very relational in nature -- strong sense of responsibility and duty to others because of the relationship/friendship. (FJ)
  5. Creates his own inner world of "the way things should be" and is tormented by the passing of time and/or change; lives in the past (Si).
  6. Highly responsible when no one else is, gets very annoyed with others (like Templeton) when they do not share same level of devotion, easily passes judgment based on "what is right and proper" without thinking twice. (SJ)
  7. Hates to be in charge, but will do it if there is a need (such as when Charlotte desperately needs help, because he is loyal). (I)
  8. Gentle. (F)
  9. Sacrificial (giving up his slop, tending Charlotte's children, making what practical sacrifices are needed in order to show devotion to those he loves). (SFJ)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've always thought it was so.

Charlotte is obviously an INFJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always thought it was so.

yay! It's a bona fide *male* ISFJ sighting!!!

Charlotte is obviously an INFJ.

I thought she meshed better with ENFJs overall (because she seems very outward directed and her actions usually involve the other animals whenever possible, even thought she's more low-key than some ENFJs here)... but I definitely agree with the xNFJ. :)

What do the INFJs and ENFJs here think about Charlotte?

And does anyone dare hazard a guess about, um, Templeton?

[Note: I never saw the new "live" version, I'm still referring to the old cartoon version of the story.]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
yay! It's a bona fide *male* ISFJ sighting!!!

I thought she meshed better with ENFJs overall (because she seems very outward directed and her actions usually involve the other animals whenever possible, even thought she's more low-key than some ENFJs here)... but I definitely agree with the xNFJ. :)

What do the INFJs and ENFJs here think about Charlotte?

And does anyone dare hazard a guess about, um, Templeton?

[Note: I never saw the new "live" version, I'm still referring to the old cartoon version of the story.]

I was referring to the book! Charlotte's pretty introverted in the book, if I recall correctly.

As for Templeton, I'd probably say ISTP or ESTP. He's not particularly social but he isn't very reflective, either.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was referring to the book! Charlotte's pretty introverted in the book, if I recall correctly.

I didn't know that anyone reads books anymore. [duck]

I wonder if I ever read this when I was younger... I can't recall. Probably did and forgot...

As for Templeton, I'd probably say ISTP or ESTP. He's not particularly social but he isn't very reflective, either.

ESTP ran through my head spontaneously as I asked the question, but I didn't analyze it closely. He's gluttonous like an ESFP, but he seems fairly calculating too in a way that ESFPs generally are not. He's not particularly reclusive in the sense of hating company, he just seems to not want them to infringe on his style and has no qualms about bellying-up against someone in an argument either. (Introverts are usually a little more reserved / hold back more and/or longer.)

Paul Lynde. I can honestly say that we will never see his likes again...

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I remember reading someone who typed Charolette and stated her character as a "classic" example of an ENFJ in literature. This was one of the first books I read as a very small child. I identified with Charolette so much even then. I remember sobbing when she died lol.

EDIT: I have been looking around my house and I am almost positive it was in the book that Stephen Montgomery wrote (the NF who worked w/Keirsey). I can't find it now damnit and if it's in the closet there is no way;). Anyway the book he wrote was on types in literature. It was pretty interesting if you have never read it. Don Quixote was also cited as a classic example and I tried reading the book after I read that. I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, as far as ISFJ for Wilbur, I certainly agree that that makes sense, and I presume you would know an ISFJ when you see one.

Charlotte is definitely an N because of her creativity and elaborate plans. She's certainly J because of her organization and decisiveness. She's an F because of her sympathetic nature and tendency to include others in her decisions.

I/E would be hard to tell, though. If she's an ENFJ, she's the sort with more developed Ni, and I have seen some who were like that. On the other hand, some INFJ's are very active with others, and tend to display a seeking of consensus at times. She's more sociable and energetic than me, however, so I'll have to say ENFJ with highly developed Ni.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EDIT: I have been looking around my house and I am almost positive it was in the book that Stephen Montgomery wrote (the NF who worked w/Keirsey). I can't find it now damnit and if it's in the closet there is no way;).

From the keirsey site

The Idealist most committed to guiding others through the doors of life, or along the pathways of learning and understanding, is the type that Keirsey has named the Teacher (Myers's "ENFJ").

Teachers are natural facilitators in all their relationships, encouraging those around them, urging their personal growth, and taking charge of others (particularly of groups) with an extraordinary enthusiasm and confidence. Indeed, Teachers are so expressive and charismatic in their leadership -- in a word, so inspiring -- that they seem in some ways less coercive than the other Idealists. Keirsey says that, though Teachers are both expressive and role-directive, they manage to "command without seeming to do so," not by means of explicit orders, nor through saintly patience, romantic longing, or mute withdrawal, but by kindling in their students and colleagues their own passion for self-exploration and development. Teachers are masters of the art of positive expectation (or "front-loading"), and they communicate their belief in the evolution of the "self" with such a glow of promise that quite often, as Keirsey tells us, their optimism "induces action" in others, and the "desire to live up to [their] expectations."

Teachers bring all this infectious energy to their intimate relationships as well, and they make passionate and delightfully creative companions. However, at such close range the intensity of their wishes for their loved ones can create interpersonal conflict. Teachers can overwhelm their loved ones with their exuberance, and with their Pygmalion presumption that everyone wants to be helped along the path of self-discovery. Then, when their loved ones either resist their pressure or fail to meet their idealistic expectations, Teachers can feel frustrated, disillusioned, or even betrayed by the persons they care most about.

VS

INFJ from Jedi Girl site
The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech; cooperative in reaching their goals; and directive and introverted in their interpersonal roles.

Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions... Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions.

Although Counselors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative.

Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known an Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions --good or evil-- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly.