• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RENT

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Has this one been done?

Was watching 'RENT' last night with a friend and we got around to speculating the characters' types. A few ideas!

Angel [Dumott Schunard!]- ENFP --- there can't be any flaw in this one, right? Outgoing, happy-go-lucky, in tune with feelings [I would think], generous, acts in the moment...

Maureen- ENTP/J? --outgoing, flirty, quirky-- seems to miss out on the whole feeling thing... Stuck between if she's 'structured' or 'spontaneous'. She seems to be a bit of both.

Joanne- ISTJ

Mimi- ExFJ/P [not really sure of the S/N or J/P] -she certainly likes to party, though, which is why I figure 'E'.

Roger- ISxx ??

Mark- xxxJ

Benny- JERK [lolz...]

Any thoughts?

theplacesyoullgo

Hah, oh God, I used to love this shit.

Rent is a clusterfuck of sensors and perceivers, with maybe Mark as an N, although he's too much of a "narrator type" to really get a good read.

Maureen, Angel, Mimi: ESFPs
Joanne: ISTJ seems right.
Roger: prototypical ISFP
Collins and Benny aren't developed enough to get a good read.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Angel: ESFP (All the traits you listed can be just as prominent in ESFPs, and he doesn't really show all that much 'Ne')
Maureen: ESTP (Practically the stereotype of a scandalous ESTP, lol)
Joanna: ISTJ - seems about right.
Mimi: ENFP (Dude, she has hardly any 'J' to speak of! Her temperament is better described as an 'idealist' than an 'artisan', so I'm going with 'N'. She is very much the portrait of a ENFP on a self-destruct mission)
Roger: ISFP - Gotta agree there.
Collins: ENFP (You can't deny that he is an idealist. He deals in possibilities ('N' and 'P' respectively) has a positive outlook on life, I'd believe 'Ne' is his primary function. He is a much better balanced ENFP than Mimi, however)
Mark: INFP (Just hap hazarding a guess)
Benny: I'd wager 'xxTJ' but otherwise - No. Friggin'. Clue.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I saw the movie.

if you can't handle blunt criticism, then don't read the rest of my post.

I fucking HATED that movie. I don't know why. it annoyed the shit out of me. and soo many girls were obsessed with it at school. it was like a twilight phenomenon.

sorry.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I saw the movie.

if you can't handle blunt criticism, then don't read the rest of my post.

I fucking HATED that movie. I don't know why. it annoyed the shit out of me. and soo many girls were obsessed with it at school. it was like a twilight phenomenon.

sorry.

I agree with you. I just finished watching this movie and for the life of me I can't figure out why people think it's so good. The movie's plot was just so simple and lacked anything that made me feel strongly about anything that happened or anyone in the movie. That said, here are my typings:

Angel - ESFP 2w3 sx/so
Maureen - ESTP 7w8 sx/so
Joanne - ISTJ 1w9 sp/sx
Mimi - ESFP 7w6 sx/sp
Roger - ISFP 6w7 sx/sp
Collins - ENFP 7w6 so/sx
Mark - INFJ 9w1 so/sp
Benny - INTJ 3w4 sp/so