• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nicole Kidman's type

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I happened to be watching one of those E! True Hollywood Stories things on Nicole Kidman, and while watching it I was trying to work out what her type might be. (I really wish I could find a transcript of it or something...)

I think I eventually settled on INFP, though she might be INFJ, too. Fairly certain about the INFx part, anyway.

I'm convinced she's not an S - One quote that stood out was that in an interview she said that she has this ability to get lost in her imagination, and that her father had the same ability, and so she really draws from that. Seems like a pretty clear indicator of her (and her dad) being an N.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I happened to be watching one of those E! True Hollywood Stories things on Nicole Kidman, and while watching it I was trying to work out what her type might be. (I really wish I could find a transcript of it or something...)

I think I eventually settled on INFP, though she might be INFJ, too. Fairly certain about the INFx part, anyway.

I'm convinced she's not an S - One quote that stood out was that in an interview she said that she has this ability to get lost in her imagination, and that her father had the same ability, and so she really draws from that. Seems like a pretty clear indicator of her (and her dad) being an N.
Alas my encounter with Nicole proved to be a mediocre sea adventure.
I think the odyssey was filmed in the South Pacific.
The Photography was good.

She is not bad in front of the camera.
A thing of intuition.

cheta

What say you to Nicole Kidman as an ISFP?

On Letterman in 2001
Written interview about the marriage/divorce
On Leno in 2005

She can seem coldly aloof, but so could an ISFP close to me when she was younger. I'd say it's protective overcompensation rather than genuine distance.

Faced with Letterman's blunt questions in the midst of her divorce, she exudes vulnerability and self-effacing helplessness, putting herself down several times during the interview. This reminds me greatly of the ISFPs I know when they've been down. In the Leno interview, where she is happier, she's just a sweetheart.

Just chanced upon this forum and I find this post interesting (though it has already been up for ages).

I agree with Jennifer that Nicole is an NF person, and possibly an INFJ.
A actor /actress can put on different persona on TV. So I don't believe one should judge too quickly based on what they appear to be on TV. Her shallow answers might be due to her introverted self, or it might just be her self-defence mechanisms. Perhaps she has intended for others to empathise with her that way? If so, she must have succeeded since she's got you to believe so. :)

Also, an INFJ tends to shut themselves out from the rest of the world (or run away) in times of intense pressure. If Nicole is an INFJ, her interviews were merely a job obligation. I'm sure she would rather not be there if she could avoid it. After all, it's not like she has to be accountable to anyone with her responses. What's important is, she's done her job, she's out of there and she can get on with her life.

So, I think she's an INFJ. After all, it takes one to know one. :) Plus, I get slightly repulsed by some 'SP' people - cos they are my shadow functions. And I am definitely not repulsed by her.

cheta

What say you to Nicole Kidman as an ISFP?

On Letterman in 2001
Written interview about the marriage/divorce
On Leno in 2005

She can seem coldly aloof, but so could an ISFP close to me when she was younger. I'd say it's protective overcompensation rather than genuine distance.

Faced with Letterman's blunt questions in the midst of her divorce, she exudes vulnerability and self-effacing helplessness, putting herself down several times during the interview. This reminds me greatly of the ISFPs I know when they've been down. In the Leno interview, where she is happier, she's just a sweetheart.

btw Jennifer, my impression so far is that she is an INFJ. Having encountered so many false assumptions about INFJ's, it gets wearying to the point of nausea sometimes. Kidman so far provides a clearer example than most.

She also doesn't seem coldly aloof, but 'normal' from my infj perspective. ;)

I agree! She's just being her normal INFJ self. It's just a gut feeling, if you know what I mean. :)

Just an extra note, I often find it difficult to type a Thinker cos they throw me off. Likewise, I believe it's difficult for a Thinker to type a Feeler and vice versa. We are on different planets altogether!

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd believe either ISFP or INFJ. I'd have to actually get to know her myself in order to decide which fits better. She is definitely I and definitely F, and she isn't INFP.

She doesn't strike me at all as aloof.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Yes, I remember a quote from somewhere, where someone who had worked with her was asked 'Isn't she very cold and aloof?' and they said, "On the contrary, she's a very warm, kind person."

I think the aloofness perhaps comes from being somewhat uncomfortable in front of cameras, like in interviews and such.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think she's INFJ. I've thought that for a while, but I think two quotes really seal it for me:

"What's the point of doing something good if nobody's watching."- That's pretty much the purest form of Fe I've seen come out of an actor/actress's mouth in quotation form. It's when someone judges the emotional significance of what they do based on how it'll make them relate to the rest of the world- the very definition of Fe. Compare that to Johnny Depp, an INFP who has demonstrated his Fi multiple times by saying that he couldn't care less about other people's opinions, and always chose roles based on fulfilling himself.

"When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you can have more happiness."
It was eery when I first read this, because I'd come to pretty much the exact same conclusion not too long before I saw this quote. INFJ's are future oriented, and certain INFJ's (I'm one of them, and I bet Nicole used to be one of them, too) want to control our futures. We have our vision and want things to play out exactly how we see that vision. Eventually, we realize that it's just frustrating constantly worrying about making things play out exactly how we see them and decide to stop trying to control our future and let it play out. That quote seems like something that would come from a J.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFJ

and for the "Mr. Nicole Kidman's"
Tom Cruise: ISTP
Keith Urban: ENFJ me thinks

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've read that she's INTj (LII) in the socionics system. Could someone explain why?