• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fringe

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Olivia INFP
Dr Walter Bishop INTP
Peter Bishop ENTP
Phillip Broyles (Olivia’s boss) ENTJ

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. Glad you made this thread.

I came up with the same conclusions except i saw olivia as more of an Fe type. Since when has she shown vulnerability ?
Her feelings seem to be rational=Fe.
or at least she rationalizes them. She is definitely intuitive.

Why do you think INFP ?

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes. Glad you made this thread.

I came up with the same conclusions except i saw olivia as more of an Fe type. Since when has she shown vulnerability ?
Her feelings seem to be rational=Fe.
or at least she rationalizes them. She is definitely intuitive.

Why do you think INFP ?

I know an INFP when I see one? But you need more than that I suppose. Well I do remember a scene where she was arguing with her boss, who thought she was getting too emotional about a case. She said something like, “I’m emotional, that’s me, that’s who I am, and I’m fine with it.” She was declaring her identity, her personal values, demanding to be accepted for who she is. Plus, just going by preferences, I also come up with INFP. I don’t see ENFJ, is that what you meant by Fe?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know an INFP when I see one? But you need more than that I suppose. Well I do remember a scene where she was arguing with her boss, who thought she was getting too emotional about a case. She said something like, “I’m emotional, that’s me, that’s who I am, and I’m fine with it.” She was declaring her identity, her personal values, demanding to be accepted for who she is. Plus, just going by preferences, I also come up with INFP. I don’t see ENFJ, is that what you meant by Fe?

It could be that she is an Fi dom - and that makes her rational from that perspective. She does show Ne. I concede to that....especially when she was in the chamber to link minds with her lover.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see the logic of the argument made for Olivia being an INFP, but I've been watching the show from the beginning (with the exception of this weeks episode if there was a new one) and never felt a connection toward her that I'd expect from an INFP portrayal (but there are different variations of INFP, so thats not unreasonable). My gut feeling for her was iNtJ with some uncrtainty on I/E and a lot of uncertainty on F/T.

Slightly offtopic. If you have watched earlier seasons of Numb3rs, what would you type Megan Reeves as, and do you see a lot of similarites between Megan and Olivia? Megan Reeves is one of the few (and the only that comes to mind) characters I've seen on TV that I relate to and feel is a good representation of INFP (I could be wrong on that, but if I am its one more reasont o question my own self-analysis of type).

Back to topic... Ok, I'm probably way off on both of these, but to me, Walter seems more Extroverted than Peter, yet this is the second post I've seen with Walter typed as an INTP. Do INTPs here look at Walter and strongly connect with him? For what its worth, Walter is my favorite character in the show and has quickly become one of my all time favorite characters, but I would have typed him as ENTP. I think its his spontanteous dialog and enthusiastic expressions in the lab scense that gives me the impression of E.

WIth Peter, xxTP is what stands out, but I can't really determine I/E and S/N for him. He seems more practical than Walter and very quick thinking, and Ne makes sense, but it seems reasonable that a smart xSTP could fit that description as well. Althought he has displayed social confidence, he comes across as emotionally guarded (could be a factor of T preference) and I just get more of an Introvert vibe from him as if the social stuff is a role he steps into as needed, but its not his true self.

For those who think Walter is an Introvert and Peter is an Extrovert, I'd like to know what others see that leads them to those conclusions (I have very low confidence about my typing of Walter and Peter, but high curiousity as to how others reached those conclusions).

ENTJ would be my guess for Broyles as well, but we also only see his work personality in the episodes so far.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the cute little assistant seems like an INFP.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can see the logic of the argument made for Olivia being an INFP, but I've been watching the show from the beginning (with the exception of this weeks episode if there was a new one) and never felt a connection toward her that I'd expect from an INFP portrayal (but there are different variations of INFP, so thats not unreasonable). My gut feeling for her was iNtJ with some uncrtainty on I/E and a lot of uncertainty on F/T.

Back to topic... Ok, I'm probably way off on both of these, but to me, Walter seems more Extroverted than Peter, yet this is the second post I've seen with Walter typed as an INTP. Do INTPs here look at Walter and strongly connect with him? For what its worth, Walter is my favorite character in the show and has quickly become one of my all time favorite characters, but I would have typed him as ENTP. I think its his spontanteous dialog and enthusiastic expressions in the lab scense that gives me the impression of E.

I wouldn’t say that ENTP is out of the question for Walter, but at this point - "spontaneous dialogue" notwithstanding- I don’t see him as an E.

There’s also a tendency to mistype characters like Olivia whose careers don’t stereotypically match their personality types. The last thing you expect an FBI agent, let alone a really good one, to be is an INFP, so you start out assuming another type.

the cute little assistant seems like an INFP.

Actually she seems kind of surly, if we’re talking about the same person.

I have this habit of eating dinner in front of the TV…but seldom when I’m watching Fringe.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Walter = INTJ
Peter = ISTP
Olivia = ISTJ
The black guy in charge = INTJ
The pain in the ass who's trying to shut Dunham down = ENTJ
Lady running Massive Dynamic: ESTJ
John Scott - ESTP

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually she seems kind of surly, if we’re talking about the same person.
The lab assistant who has been taking apart computers since she was five....
The girl with the curl

Surly....I thought ISTJ, but she works behind the scenes....so ISFJ is an option.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
The lab assistant who has been taking apart computers since she was five....
The girl with the curl

Surly....I thought ISTJ, but she works behind the scenes....so ISFJ is an option.

Right, that’s exactly who I’m talking about. ISTJ, or even INTJ, would be my first guess.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That does have possibilities. I think that’s computer geek Chloe’s type in 24, and she’s also a surly one - but of course brilliant

I will say INTP, since she is more behind the scenes than chart the course.
And......she took things apart(Ti), instead of making them(Te/Se)

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Peter Bishop: [on cell phone] Walter, I'm with a woman in her mid 20's. She is going into cardiac arrest due to an overdose of anesthesia. Her heart just stopped.
Dr. Walter Bishop: Do you have any cocaine?
Peter Bishop: Cocaine? No, I don't have any cocaine...
Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.