• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robert De Niro's type

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Who cares what he plays. He is an amazing actor who can completely transform himself. Thats not the point, and its not gonna help type him. I say INTJ or INTP.

Why ISTJ? Why S?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Who cares what he plays. He is an amazing actor who can completely transform himself. Thats not the point, and its not gonna help type him. I say INTJ or INTP.

Why ISTJ? Why S?

I can only speak for myself but I think I thought he was an S because a lot of his characters he plays are Ss. In particular Se with their particular brand of action impulsively and extreme focus (at best) or tunnel vision (at worst his characters human flaws). What I find makes him such a great actor is that he can (with the right director) make the audience think that some of the more extreme choices he makes as a character seem reasonable. In other words the point of view of his characters are subjectively compelling.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^ No way is he an extrovert. I've read many descriptions of him being very quiet, reserved and shy.

He's definitely a J too because his level of planning that goes into his roles fits with this. I think he could be a S because he's very attentive to detail. I remember watching an interview with Meryl Streep where she described his process of choosing a coat for his character. She was amazed at how meticulous he was and how he tried on dozens that all looked pretty much the same to her - but what he was looking for was so precise and would convey so much about the character that he was prepared to spend a great deal of time finding the right one.

I would go with ISTJ.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think he's an INFP. he's apparently quite shy and sensitive. being concerned with details when preparing for a role doesn't indicate a sensing preference... most actors are this way, and most actors are intuitive.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ISFP.

Obvs an introvert. Shows Extravered Sensing - plain speaking, matter of fact, often blunt, not particularly logical, doesnt seem to even enjoy talking or expressing himself with language. His Oscar winning role, Raging Bull, was all about his physicality. The way he looked, the way he moved. In general he's one of the most physical actors.

His internal world, whether Introverted Feeling or Thinking - really tricky to tell. I have most difficulty distinguishing ISTP from ISFP. But he seems.to be moody, emotional. See here: YouTube

Vid above shows a highly personal reaction to Trump, not much about the facts of the case. I think De Niro's job as an actor is a way for him to express his rich inner emotional world. Id go with ISFP.