• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robert De Niro's type

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd go with ISFJ. One who is good at playing ESTJ characters.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
He's ISTJ.... for god sake, stop this maddness. ITS SO OBVIOUS! :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
A famous actor can choose her roles.
This chap picks the roles of a gangster, or a policeman.
Why?
He thrives in them.
Why does he thrive in them?
They perfectly depict his type.
What type?

wolfy

awsm
I think he is an ISFP.

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. I'm glad it didn't disintegrate into a bashfest as it could have easily. You people did a good job of discussing his type and type in general.

D

Dali

Why?
He thrives in them.
What type?

Not necessarily.

Pierce Brosnan (ISFP) is practically synonymous with James Bond and you're not going to tell me Brosnan's an ENTP now, are ya?

ISFPs revel in 'newness', new experiences....etc and that could just be that aspect of De Niro's personality playing out with regard to the roles he selects.

heart

heart on fire
I think him playing those roles is just IFP getting a kick out of playing at Te for a while.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
From what I've heard/read he seems like an INTJ. Very seclusive, very calculating, structured, tough minded...

KDude

he's very enigmatic to me.. i don't know. i agree with him being seclusive... but that's why i don't really know much about his real personality. he may just be doing that because fame is bullshit to him and it's deliberate, or because he's naturally inclined to just be seclusive.

if i were going on roles, he's all over the place. he's absolutely electric as johnny boy in mean streets.. creepy and judgemental as travis bickle and tough and egomaniacal as al capone. not to mention some of his best friends over the years were crazy comedians.. he was friends with john belushi and has been friends with robin williams for years. what kind of person would hang around john belushi? lol...

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DuybKwc_Cs"]Interview[/YOUTUBE]

Been trying to find interviews of him but he's very hard to read, he seems intj but the way he sort of rambles could be intp

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's pretty hard typing him because he plays such colorful roles all the time. From what I've seen from him from when he's not acting. (and even that is hard because he seems to act off the stage as well) I think he's chameleon INTP.

He definatly has the INTP eyes. :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why?
He thrives in them.
What type?

Exactly. istj.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not necessarily.

Pierce Brosnan (ISFP) is practically synonymous with James Bond and you're not going to tell me Brosnan's an ENTP now, are ya?

ISFPs revel in 'newness', new experiences....etc and that could just be that aspect of De Niro's personality playing out with regard to the roles he selects.

Q is an ENTP, James is an ESTP :cheese:

and I SO would love to kidnap Pierce for a day :drool:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's pretty hard typing him because he plays such colorful roles all the time. From what I've seen from him from when he's not acting. (and even that is hard because he seems to act off the stage as well) I think he's chameleon INTP.

He defiantly has the INTP eyes. :D

I always thought of him as an introvert, specifically an ISTP... but the above clip does make him appear pretty INTP.

Although his roles are generally not INTP, it could be, as Fluffy notes, an 'INTP chameleon' phenomenon.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
He only plays tough guys or funny guys. Never 'sensitive' guys. That's all I need to know to say he is an actor.

KDude

For those of you who think he only plays tough guys, watch Mad Dog and Glory. Pretty funny movie. Bill Murray is the tough gangster in it (yes, Bill Murray) and De Niro a fairly useless desk job cop.

Awakenings is another movie where he's got a softer persona..