• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reese Witherspoon's type

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I could make a case for her being ENFJ as well. I saw one E! Interview with her that made me think, wow she's in my head (same thing with Kate Winslet), but I couldn't find it and didn't feel like dragging the internet to support ENFJ. I don't think she's a P, at the very least an EJ or NJ. The way she approaches her film projects is like she's married to them once she commits herself and she's very upset when they fall through (most recently "Bunny Lake is Missing") and she's quite litigious, although I don't know how much that has to do with her personality. I'd think a P would just shrug off what the gossip rags print about her but she takes it most seriously and has sued quite a few mags for libel and slander. Also, research the beginning of her relationship with Ryan Phillipe :wubbie: really traditional, but she said it wasn't because it was "tradition" but how she envisioned it would be. But this is all stuff I don't remember very well because I was reading it as it happened, so once again eh.

Well I'll admit that ENFJ is the only other type I could conceiver her being other than ENFP. (For the record I think, "there is no way that she could possibly be an INTJ".) However you should know that an ENFP would probably take libel and slander even worse than an ENFJ would. ENFP's have a need to be liked to the point that some can define their self worth by how much everyone likes them. Yes I know ENFJ's can do this too, but ENFP's are even worse about this.

Also she's very independent, and her approach to child rearing doesn't sound anything like an ENFJ approach. I still think she's a P based on everything I know about her including the various links posted in this thread, but I'll admit that it's possible more info could turn up to reveal her to be ENFJ. As for now I am comfortable placing her as an ENFP.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Kate Winslet's an ENFJ. :yes: I'm so sure of it that I won't even bother to start a thread about it. :whistling: ;)

I LOVE this Kate Winslet interview, the first 30 seconds are sufficient. So me. :happy:

But I guess another good solution would be to compare Kate Winslet to Reese Witherspoon. I see way more similarities than differences. They could both be ENFs.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I've seen ISFJ named, not here.

She does look and express herself like an ISFJ woman I know. Borderline on I/E. So I'm for ISFJ.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've seen ISFJ named, not here.

She does look and express herself like an ISFJ woman I know. Borderline on I/E. So I'm for ISFJ.

You think she's I? :shock:

This typing thread has made me realize that I have typed too few women IRL. :doh:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
You think she's I? :shock:

This typing thread has made me realize that I have typed too few women IRL. :doh:

She just is overall very alike this ISFJ girl, and this girl can only be ISFJ, even if she's pretty sociable. I don't have any other argument; on the I vs E, SFs generally can appear E in their sociable time.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think her type is ANNOYING (at least her movies are). Yeah, I know that's 8 letters. I don't think she's that complex.

Usehername

On a mission
Well I'll admit that ENFJ is the only other type I could conceiver her being other than ENFP. (For the record I think, "there is no way that she could possibly be an INTJ".) However you should know that an ENFP would probably take libel and slander even worse than an ENFJ would. ENFP's have a need to be liked to the point that some can define their self worth by how much everyone likes them. Yes I know ENFJ's can do this too, but ENFP's are even worse about this.

Also she's very independent, and her approach to child rearing doesn't sound anything like an ENFJ approach. I still think she's a P based on everything I know about her including the various links posted in this thread, but I'll admit that it's possible more info could turn up to reveal her to be ENFJ. As for now I am comfortable placing her as an ENFP.

I mentioned this in the ENFJ thread in teh NF forum, but due to my values of prioritizing people, I generally appear as ENFJ in more impersonal social situations (such as the ones where she would be exposed to in interviews, at work with a camera in front of her, etc.). I do this, too. (Typelogic INTJ description: "many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.")

I hide my quirks when I'm around people I don't know that well, and appear ENFJ. I've got Mad Social Skillz since I've been trying this. Around people that know me well, I give off the ENFP vibe. I just spend a hugely disproportionate time alone, and know that I'm an INTJ. It's not that any of these personas are a misrepresentation of myself... they are just what happens when an INTJ values social interaction and people. An INTJ female I know online attests to this as well.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think her type is ANNOYING (at least her movies are). Yeah, I know that's 8 letters. I don't think she's that complex.

Supervision relationship ENFp-ISFj at work

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I hide my quirks when I'm around people I don't know that well, and appear ENFJ. I've got Mad Social Skillz since I've been trying this. Around people that know me well, I give off the ENFP vibe.

I agree that Introverts can almost perfectly emulate Extroversion for short durations.

Do you think, though, that as a celebrity akin to RW you would (not just "could if your life depended on it", but would) consistently appear ENFX to people who know and have experience with MBTI?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Do you think, though, that as a celebrity akin to RW you would (not just "could if your life depended on it", but would) consistently appear ENFX to people who know and have experience with MBTI?

You are observing her in a social setting which prizes ENF type - that is, acting. If you were to run a factor analysis on actors, you would probably find a factor orthogonal to type that is "acting proficiency", and that factor would likely be highly correlated with ENFx descriptions.

Yet if we refer as typing-baselines tests and not descriptions, it is entirely possible that the baseline personality of Resee Witherspoon is introverted due to the reason outlined above.

Usehername

On a mission
I agree that Introverts can almost perfectly emulate Extroversion for short durations.

If she a) is only a mild-moderate introvert and b) has one large unit of time per week where she doesn't have to do anything and can hide from people, yes.

On my gap year program, I lived with 37 other people. From September-April. We did everything together. Large communal dorm rooms, too, so no private rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed it, actually.
And while when I'm at home I span from seeing friends every other day to going 6 weeks during the busy semester without contact, on this program when the conditions warranted (which, was, always) I regularly socialized all day, every day 24/6 days a week, and only took off one large chunk of time per week (like, 4-6 hours in one stretch) to myself. I could last longer if our schedule was packed, but then I'd get a bit grumpy.
And I'm sure I would have been typed ENFx by my behavior if those people didn't know that I needed that large chunk of time every week. In fact, I appeared so ENF that people were seriously concerned about me for the first few months when I weekly took time to myself; they all thought I was desperately homesick or struggling with something because I needed "alone time". It never occured to them that I was an introvert and I had to flat out explain it. (But I didn't know MBTI until the end of the program when we all did it together, so I explained it with "if I don't do this, I will become Uber-Bitch"). And it took them months to believe me.

And, like I said, at home I'm comfortable going sometimes 6 weeks without contacting friends. (although this is somewhat rare and I do live with people, so I'm not a total hermit.)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Ushername, yes, you're likely a socionics ENFj. There's another forum member at the socionics forum that used to test as a MBTI INTJ - Kristiina.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I mentioned this in the ENFJ thread in teh NF forum, but due to my values of prioritizing people, I generally appear as ENFJ in more impersonal social situations (such as the ones where she would be exposed to in interviews, at work with a camera in front of her, etc.). I do this, too. (Typelogic INTJ description: "many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.")

I hide my quirks when I'm around people I don't know that well, and appear ENFJ. I've got Mad Social Skillz since I've been trying this. Around people that know me well, I give off the ENFP vibe. I just spend a hugely disproportionate time alone, and know that I'm an INTJ. It's not that any of these personas are a misrepresentation of myself... they are just what happens when an INTJ values social interaction and people. An INTJ female I know online attests to this as well.

As I've said earlier in this thread, I don't really like to type people solely based on a five minute interview. After reading through all the links in this thread, her IMBD page, watching the interviews, and doing an analysis of her acting style I believe she is ENFP, and if I am mistaken I believe it is in regards to P/J.

I must ask you though, what signs and characteristics would you look for to determine if a person that you know in RL is an ENFP?

Usehername

On a mission
Ushername, yes, you're likely a socionics ENFj. There's another forum member at the socionics forum that used to test as a MBTI INTJ - Kristiina.

Well... it never occured to me to read an "E" socionics profile, nor an "NF" one... now I can't diss the validity of that personality system any mofe :violin:

lol thanks; I totally am.

Usehername

On a mission
As I've said earlier in this thread, I don't really like to type people solely based on a five minute interview. After reading through all the links in this thread, her IMBD page, watching the interviews, and doing an analysis of her acting style I believe she is ENFP, and if I am mistaken I believe it is in regards to P/J.

I must ask you though, what signs and characteristics would you look for to determine if a person that you know in RL is an ENFP?

My dad and closest friend are both ENFP; this is one of the types I have zero trouble picking out. (Yes, I typed them and got them to test.)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
If she a) is only a mild-moderate introvert and b) has one large unit of time per week where she doesn't have to do anything and can hide from people, yes.

I believe INTJs can go very far in pwning the world :)D) but I have to admit that I am extremely skeptical that an INTJ celebrity could consistently pass for ENFX in the eyes of experienced typers. But like whether Marilyn Manson is an STP faking being NFJ, that's really not debatable. :dry:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
My dad and closest friend are both ENFP; this is one of the types I have zero trouble picking out. (Yes, I typed them and got them to test.)

So what does an ENFP look like if you don't have the luxury of having them take the test? I mean what details do you specifically look for?

Usehername

On a mission
So what does an ENFP look like if you don't have the luxury of having them take the test? I mean what details do you specifically look for?

*non-linear brain; multiple topics in a discussion. This is pretty clear, in my experience, when I get into a discussion with them past 10 minutes.
*someone who makes sure to put everyone in the room at ease
*eats up compliments like there's no tomorrow
*laid back but simultaneously passionate

i dunno, ENFs are really easy for me to pick out. I think they're totally different than ESFs. It's like an on-off switch when they interact with me... we click together and light up the room, or you hear someone flicking the on/off switch repeatedly but it seems there's a bad connection and no light is being produced. So i guess I would say I base it off my interaction with them most heavily.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

How does a socionics ENFj look like an MBTI INTJ?