• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Xena: Warrior Princess

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, not to open up a can of worms but couldn't that be attributed to an stp shadow?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ she appeals to you Kalach because of her brokenness, which appeals to your Fi. *spoiler alert* Think about how Callisto transformed into what she would have been after Xena went down to hell and touched her, redeeming her soul back into heaven. Innocent, full of empathy and love.

I agree she's hard to type because of the pain she carried from her youth, and of the hatred she carried for Xena, and essentially because she's a fictional character. But I would go with Fi somewhere in the equation based on the depiction of her cleansed, healthy character after transformation.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Eh, pffft, I have issues with that transformation. I like her for how she creates meaning. The things she wants are impossible and reprehensible, and she goes ahead anyway. By impossible, I mean literally. She cannot achieve her goals. And this is demonstrated again and again. And that there are such demonstrations is a vital part of her appeal. The requirements aren't just thought, they are attempted. Again and again. And not weakly. She maintains that if her requirements cannot be met, then she must be without purpose. Not just will be, but must be. So all force is used.

Introverted judgement FTW.

With extroverted expression.

And boobies.

EDIT: also, she's aware of the contradictions. That's part of the appeal. She's aware, or appears to be aware that she has no chance, but she proceeds anyway, and creates her chance. If she were not aware, she'd be pathetic. As it is, I suppose objectively she is pathetic anyway. Except, and this is the vital exception, something is present that gives her enough presence that change might come.

Etc.

Objective vs subjective, and the suggestion that substance may so powerfully arise from the subjective that the objective will change. Which of course it won't. Except that it will. And so on.

EDIT #2: if it's not plain, I am and have been projecting mightily. Callisto may be none of these things. But I enjoyed the character for those reasons. And images.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think what she wants is encompassed by a single goal; very simply, she wants peace of mind. As a focal point, she believes that if she kills Xena or at least causes her to suffer it will ease her own suffering. Vengeance-driven. Rationality be damned.

And of course, boobies + leather. FTW.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still..I love the show coz it can laugh at itself, it's filled with action and at the same time filled with profound self-reflection.

I do agree though. Leather helps.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Callisto...

I'm few at this compared to mostly everyone here but i'm gonna give it a shot anyway...

INFJ. VERY VERY VERY unhealthy INFJ (understandably) and therefore a negative version of her shadow ESTP.

I'm probably way off.. but it seems plausible to me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agree with all except for joxer. ESFP?? Really?? The man coudln't put one foot in front of the other if his life depended on it and you wanna give him primary Se? :laugh:
Agreed that he smells like Fi, but he also has that whole hero, must save the damsel in destress thing going for him, as well as wanting traditional stuff.

I'm going to go for ISxJ. I'd say he's an Si-dom. He remembers the darnest things and always wants the girls to be careful (just isn't careful himself as he feels it's his duty to be the protector). Due to the Fi he's oozing, my preference is towards ISTJ, though I'm not sure I've seen much effective Te from him just yet...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agree with all except for joxer. ESFP?? Really?? The man coudln't put one foot in front of the other if his life depended on it and you wanna give him primary Se? :laugh:
Agreed that he smells like Fi, but he also has that whole hero, must save the damsel in destress thing going for him, as well as wanting traditional stuff.

I'm going to go for ISxJ. I'd say he's an Si-dom. He remembers the darnest things and always wants the girls to be careful (just isn't careful himself as he feels it's his duty to be the protector). Due to the Fi he's oozing, my preference is towards ISTJ, though I'm not sure I've seen much effective Te from him just yet...

I like/agree with that about IxxJ...my IxxJ brother always wanted to protect me, yet he couldnt even control himself or be careful in the slightest.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
If the character functions and thinks like and ESFP, does it then change him completly if the writers make him clumsy to foil Xena's competence and create comedic relief?
I see Se as basically being "a spade is a spade" type of thinking, not being a natural born athlete. He likes Se things like dance, song and adventure, which indicate that he's expressive and unstructured which, in turn suggests he's not ITJ, maybe not even IJ.

Agreed that he smells like Fi,

yeah

but he also has that whole hero, must save the damsel in destress thing going for him, as well as wanting traditional stuff.

I can see that as his Fi values telling him how things should be, and who it is that someone needs to be in order to be liked and loved. Unfortunatley, that means his Fi has decided to suppress itself, leaving him with nothing he is good at. he's the looser because he tries and fails to be someone he's not.

I think that's Joxer trying to be something he's not, which is why he's so bad at it. His virtue is how sweet, kind and friendly he is. He's a very innocent, sensitive and gentle person, which is the opposite of who he pretends to be. He also values being charismatic and suave, things which suggest at least F or E.
I can't really see an ISxJ making up a song about themselves, or bursting into a brothel and causing a group sing a long. This scene is important because it displays him being natural; a fun and attention loving, super friendly guy. He's also quick to make friends when he isn't annoying people by being so clumsy, like that time he was in a cell and quickyl started a conversaion/game with the guard.

I can see Si in him wanting to be being caring of others. Even in STJs, Si seems to be a mother hen function.

If he's an ISJ, i'd say he's ISFJ. I see him as very F driven. But when broken down into actualy functions, it's Fi he seems to use, not Fe. so :shrug:.

Really ESFP for Joxer is more a working title. He could be something else, my next guess is ISFP. I'm not convinced on the ISJ thing, but i'll think about is next time i watch and episode.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
What about the other characters?

I think Ares may be ESTP. It would be reasonable to think that the writers would write an ESTP for a character who is the god of war. Ares seems to just barrel into things, be flexible, charismatic and he's against isolation, deep thought and sensitivity.

Najara might be some kind of NFJ.
Minya, i see as friendly. so maybe a EFP, EP, FP or EF type?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, pffft, I have issues with that transformation. I like her for how she creates meaning. The things she wants are impossible and reprehensible, and she goes ahead anyway. By impossible, I mean literally. She cannot achieve her goals. And this is demonstrated again and again. And that there are such demonstrations is a vital part of her appeal. The requirements aren't just thought, they are attempted. Again and again. And not weakly. She maintains that if her requirements cannot be met, then she must be without purpose. Not just will be, but must be. So all force is used.

Introverted judgement FTW.

With extroverted expression.

And boobies.

EDIT: also, she's aware of the contradictions. That's part of the appeal. She's aware, or appears to be aware that she has no chance, but she proceeds anyway, and creates her chance. If she were not aware, she'd be pathetic. As it is, I suppose objectively she is pathetic anyway. Except, and this is the vital exception, something is present that gives her enough presence that change might come.

Etc.

Objective vs subjective, and the suggestion that substance may so powerfully arise from the subjective that the objective will change. Which of course it won't. Except that it will. And so on.

EDIT #2: if it's not plain, I am and have been projecting mightily. Callisto may be none of these things. But I enjoyed the character for those reasons. And images.

I would vote INFJ. I can see all of this within me, but its not my primary focus in life. My primary focus is more geared on the ability to maintain this hope without going crazy and this maintenance is pretty much in a complete and opposite direction with the side of me that resonates with the above.

edit: does man boobies count?...errr chest, not real man boobies

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would vote INFJ. I can see all of this within me, but its not my primary focus in life. My primary focus is more geared on the ability to maintain this hope without going crazy and this maintenance is pretty much in a complete and opposite direction with the side of me that resonates with the above.

edit: does man boobies count?...errr chest, not real man boobies

I agree. Minus the man boobies..i got real ones.

I've been a Xena fan as long as i can remember.. Callisto always being the character that drew me in and made me love her, the main reason -i think- is that something in her resonates within me. I know i've teetered the edge of insanity many times, luckily i've always been able to bring myself out of it... but i know the things i could be capable of if i just let the vengeance and hate within me free. My grudges hold no bounds and i constantly have to keep myself in check. There are certain "evil" characters in fiction that i connect with and i think i do this as a way to let out my own inner demons. Maybe i'm just projecting.. but i would put money on Callisto being an INFJ.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's not impossible.

evilgrin.jpg

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
But I'd still prefer to say ENTP. She strikes me as deeply wedded to the subjective, and actually not that joined to the physical world at all, but nonetheless drawn outside of herself naturally, moving cleanly in it.

I so am looking for a better sentence than that. "She's an extrovert" doesn't quite cut it for capturing the impression that extroverted expression is a considerable part of who she is.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just watch this show all the time because I keep buying the seasons on DVD. I would type the characters in the following ways...

Xena-ESTP or ENTJ
Gabrielle- ENFP
Aries- ESTP
Callisto-ENTP
Hercules-ENFJ

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
Xena seems like a rather obvious ISTP to me. Also, Ares is an ISTP. It makes sense they'd share a type. But let's not forget she's the most accomplished human who has ever lived. She's bound to be pretty balanced across the board to achieve such a feat. But, who but a Crafter could be so good at so many tactile things?

"I have MANY skills." *eyebrow raise*

yeah yeah Xena.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Xena seems like a rather obvious ISTP to me. Also, Ares is an ISTP. It makes sense they'd share a type. But let's not forget she's the most accomplished human who has ever lived. She's bound to be pretty balanced across the board to achieve such a feat. But, who but a Crafter could be so good at so many tactile things?

"I have MANY skills." *eyebrow raise*

yeah yeah Xena.

Xena may be ISTP, but she also is SX/SP, and these types are the hardest to classify as an introvert or extrovert. Aries is a clear ESTP. He is so ESTP, it hurts. He clearly uses Se way more than Ti.

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
seems ESTP on the show, yeah. I guess. ISTP in history :) I tend to mix the two up and then side with history, in my head.

The reason I give Xena an "I" is because of the way the fought against Gabrielle traveling with her at the start of the series. I know she led armies and things before, but she was also an evil version of herself who was simply using others to get what she wanted. Also, despite her gaining the rep she gained throughout the years, her traveling party was never larger than 4, even counting Argo the horse.