• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twin Peaks

heart

heart on fire
There's something very evocative and haunting about this series, the imagery and scenery. Heavy aching emotions, chaotic, dreamlike, theme more than substance, the line between life and death, real but fleeting.

Is it Fi, Fi-Si or just Si or something else?

Please give opinions, thank you in advance. :)

Also please indicate if it appealed to you or not.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I never saw it when it was originally on...I discovered it later on Bravo and became obsessed with it. I thought that it somehow owed a debt to Dark Shadows....The second season was a bit rough...

I also thought that it was interesting how it was able to really seem sound and feel dreamlike...I wondered about the technique...I even ran across a book of critical essays on the series I cannot recall the title just now...

Full of Secrets...that was the book title.

Last edited:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
One of my favorites. The romance parts are a bit too dramatic but otherwise one of the best shows on TV to date.

As for function theory, I don't really know what you mean.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don’t see Si as much as Fi and Ni. Maybe surface Fe – the bright, folksy town and its people - now that I think about it, above the underlying darkness.

I think Dale Cooper was an ENTJ with exceptional use of Te and Ni. But not an INTJ - as I imagine some people would type him - because he’s not an introvert.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I'd be interested to know how this may play into a type preference...remember Coop's fondness for tasty treats, (really well made) like the pie and coffee? His habit of carving a little whistle? and his delight in the trees and laid back pace?