• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Angelina Jolie's type

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see ISTP. I don't see her as extroverted at all. I've read some of her interviews and she comes at things fairly logically. I read once that she said she couldn't decide between two lovers and then she thought about it and dumped both. The thinking was: if I love two, I love neither enough. That is pretty T decision making.

I think she is a counterphobic 6 that has integrated to some 9 qualities. She's talked about not knowing where to put her passion/fight. I also think this accounts for her control freak/anxiousness. She has a restlessness about her. Very 6.

Lmao...yeah, screw it...dump both go for someone else. It's the easiest way out of situation when you give up. Find better :D. ISTP...thought first, then screw it, jump

yeghor

Angelina Jolie is a classic crazy ENFJ chick. She's into wacked out over the top love (like carrying vials of her lover's blood around the neck), and she thinks she is saving the world by traveling to third world counties and collecting kids of different color.

And when did you ever see an ESTP raising a ruckus about cruelty/injustice/poverty in some forsaken corner of the world (unless it is for shameless self promotion)

She's an ESTP trying to develop her Fe-tert and Ni-Inf (i.e. her ENFJ side). Her ex-husband Brad Pitt is an ESFJ.

I wonder if she has been going to countries stricken with disaster as part of some CIA-led covert PR operation. I think some covert groups are highlighting celebrity figures like her, Greta Thunberg etc. as public spokepersons to introduce and further certain global agendas but there are too many middle-people involved, those figures themselves don't notice it either, or they don't care to notice as they actually enjoy the public attention anyways.

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
What say you to Angelina Jolie as an ESTP?

Inside the Actor's Studio, part 1

She strikes me as having been a poster child for Extroverted Sensing in her early years - impulsive, thrill-seeking and overtly sexual - and she seems definitely T in the interview.
What type never thinks, sort of just does things, like put their hands into dangerous fire traps because the lights are pretty?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see ESTP, although she has other psychological dynamics at play that are not explained by type.

She really enjoys getting social attention through shock value and not with any sort of meaning, purpose, or to get people to think. She enjoys extremism in everything and being in the spotlight. It really is about the moment and the attention. She enjoys a play of rejecting the social norms, but also adhering to them.

I think there are other issues going on like cluster B issues, so much of the behavior is not explained by MBTI. I'm seriously not okay with them adopting children with vulnerable backgrounds and then subjecting them to immature divorce fighting throughout their development. If I were a judge, I'd make them sit in a room with their lawyers, child psychologists, the children's counselors, and not be allowed to leave until they resolve it.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's an ESTP trying to develop her Fe-tert and Ni-Inf (i.e. her ENFJ side). Her ex-husband Brad Pitt is an ESFJ.

I wonder if she has been going to countries stricken with disaster as part of some CIA-led covert PR operation. I think some covert groups are highlighting celebrity figures like her, Greta Thunberg etc. as public spokepersons to introduce and further certain global agendas but there are too many middle-people involved, those figures themselves don't notice it either, or they don't care to notice as they actually enjoy the public attention anyways.

She is still in her custody battle with Brad, so it serves her as a celebrity and in her legal fight to do activities that make her look good. Is she donating her own money to help? If not, then I'd consider this a trip to get her publicity on CNN. This is not sacrifice - it's great exposure. If she's giving a significant portion of her own money to help, then I would see credibility.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever viewed Jolie so cynically. Like, maybe she does things for reasons I don't share and/or maybe has acted in the moment (and she did her share of dumb-assed stuff especially in her early career as a teen/young woman and then the Billy Bob Thornton era 20 years ago), but is she really such a conniving little tramp nowadays?

I really have trouble believing 20 years of humanitarian work (which ironically -- and maybe tellingly -- started about the time she adopted a child from Cambodia with Thornton and their marriage ended a few months later, I suspect she was more committed to that angle than he was) is all about a bunch of shit to make her look good in a custody hearing. And yes, you can sink a ton of money into philanthropic causes (it's important), but there's also nothing wrong with celebs using their celebrity to at least make certain issues more prominent. that is part of drawing attention to problems, to get further support and money, even if sure publicity benefits everyone.

as far as money, I know she's given millions in the past. I don't know what percentage that is of her overall net worth, which is probably around $120 mil. It's hard to feel bad for someone who owns a few million-dollar houses. But she's easily given more money than I will ever see myself in my lifetime.

I like Pitt and I like Jolie, but based on police reports, Pitt definitely looked worse and like an alcohol problem was influencing his behavior at the time of their breakup. The trend lately is also for popular men with large fan bases to besmirch female ex's. Neither side is angelic, but the fan base is rabid and awful nowadays. I hope for redemption for both and that they can do what is best for their kids. I don't really care to see either get ruined in the press or public opinion.

I am perfectly happy to adjust my viewpoint if there is factual data on either of them.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of my impression of Angelina Jolie come from her early celebrity days when she did that public, sexual kiss with her brother, and other stunts like wearing vasks of blood, and mostly doing a lot of shock for attention. She had an image consistent with histrionic personality disorder and other unstable, dramatic issues, so I didn't develop an initial sense she should be trusted with vulnerable or delicate matters.

I don't know the character of either and if Brad did "choke" one of the kids on the plane, that is serious. I'm not sure what spilling wine on everyone means, but some accusations would be serious. There does need to be evidence, and right now that's unclear to me.

I have expressed frustration about adopting children and then subjecting them through years of custody and divorce turmoil. I read about their children and three are Brad and Angelina's biological children and the other three were in orphanages overseas. One adopted at seven months, but another was in the orphanage for three years.

This is the most psychologically complex family I have ever encountered and the conception of it, grandiose. The first complexity is having biological and adopted children in the same family. It is tempting for people to treat the biological children with preference, feeling more sense of self within them. It takes character, awareness, sensitivity and discipline of oneself to be genuinely fair in that context. Secondly, the children that were in orphanages will need special emotional supports. Even if they were not traumatized to the point of cluster B personality issues, still, there will be some emotional complexity to feel loved, safe, and stable in the world when a secure, constant, loving caretaker could not be present Thirdly, they are in the spotlight as celebrities, but also in this extremely complex divorce with adults acting at times childishly and unstable. The environment is emotionally unstable and highly complex. It's not okay for Brad or Angelina to indulge ego or childish impulses when they are caretakers for such an emotionally complex group of developing people. The situation is presented with big smiles always, but it is unsettling to me.

I hope everyone come out with some stability and peace.