• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sean Penn

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
On seconds thoughts, having seen this, INFP.

YouTube - Sean Penn on Letterman pt 1

Uncomfortable being interviewed

"I'm socially uncomfortable in a group of more than five without alcohol"

Baiting Fox News and supporting in an educated way Hugo Chavez.

Most of the interview is about his personal beliefs and causes.

Reminds me in many ways of Morrissey (INFP) during interviews

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
A couple of my clues:

- Lack of eye contact and looking away to think while speaking.
- "Into the Wild" is a total INFP escape fantasy.
- History of overcompensating with the macho thing.
- Plus what was mentioned about talking about beliefs/values and being idealistic to a fault.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think he's an i for sure....maybe infp is fitting??

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ISFP

I think this forum is a little trigger-happy when it comes to diagnosing people as INFPs, and maybe N's in general.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
[YOUTUBE="AxZShqiTEpo"]Sean Penn[/YOUTUBE]

I dunno...he seems pretty NF to me. Silly dreams as relevant and valid arguments? The "spirit" of the production?

That, combined with his total seriousness, his sensitivity (recall when he got all defensive on Jude Law's behalf after Chris Rock made fun of him at the academy awards), and his incessant moralizing makes him quite NF. And makes me quite annoyed every I hear him speaking.

INFJ. Second guess, INFP. Third guess, ISFP. Fourth, ISFJ. All possible introverted Fs are on the table.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My purely instinctual guesses would be INFP or INFJ.
*will provide logical reasons why upon request*

KDude

i think infp as well.. that makes him a pretty impressive actor though, to play jeff spicoli as well as he did :laugh:

he's friends with eddie vedder (whom i can't help but see as isfp). even if they care about the same things, it'd be hard to argue they're anything alike. not enough vids of them together, but here's one. hard to hear, but they're talking about into the wild - maybe it's nothing but it's interesting to me that sean comments on the movie in terms of society as a whole, but eddie personalizes it and talks about some experiences. besides that, sean penn in general always has an air of serious idealism about him (nothing against that.. he seems to get involved in a lot of issues..more than most people).

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’ve always figured Sean Penn for an INFJ, here’s why:

Thinking about two of his movies (he wrote & directed) The Crossing Guard and The Indian Runner; both seem intent of showing the disparity between different points of view and how there’s no ‘right and wrong’ so much as there are different viewpoints with different desires and priorities and there are consequences for acting on those desires which affect others in ways we seldom imagine. There’s no one clear ‘truth’ happening in any of them, it’s always the amalgamation of the several truths of all the characters. And he does a really good job a presenting the existential position in each character- he really understands each different point of view, and how the conflict affects each person.

The movie The Pledge has this going on too- thought he didn’t write that one, he only directed it. I haven’t seen Into The Wild yet, so I can’t speak for that one.

Also, this video of him on Actor’s Studio (especially between 7:20 and 8:00):

[YOUTUBE="T9UmBO_iwMM"]T9UmBO_iwMM[/YOUTUBE]

I guess if I'd only ever seen him in his acting roles, I'd maybe think he is INFP. He gets pretty emo in his roles.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP 8w7 Sx/Sp