• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sean Penn

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Absoutely no idea as to his type. Extraverted probably.

ESFJ?

YouTube - Sean Penn on "Charlie Rose"

The internet calls him an 8. However, beating up on some reporter, a domestic violence charge, spending 33 days in jail, and a wild rant on the Colbert Report do not add up to type 8. An 8 wing is good enough. But even that call is somewhat up in the air.

And INFP? Let's go for ENFP here. I agree that Penn is extraverted. And, in the vernacular accepted on these forums, he is Ne'ing all over the place. And his political activism easily identifies his type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The internet calls him an 8. However, beating up on some reporter, a domestic violence charge, spending 33 days in jail, and a wild rant on the Colbert Report do not add up to type 8. An 8 wing is good enough. But even that call is somewhat up in the air.

And INFP? Let's go for ENFP here. I agree that Penn is extraverted. And, in the vernacular accepted on these forums, he is Ne'ing all over the place. And his political activism easily identifies his type.

have you seen his interviews? he's extremely subdued and displays no extroverted tendencies at all

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
have you seen his interviews? he's extremely subdued and displays no extroverted tendencies at all

That's because he is Sx/Sp. Social-last extrovert can look introvert even if they are not. Plus, outside of interview, his behavior are often very extroverts.

There's no way that guy repress Te, that's a big clue that he can't be Fi-dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's because he is Sx/Sp. Social-last extrovert can look introvert even if they are not. Plus, outside of interview, his behavior are often very extroverts.

There's no way that guy repress Te, that's a big clue that he can't be Fi-dom.

After watching Elfboy's video interview, I recommend scrapping all previous assumptions about Penn's type, such as INFP, ENFP, and type 8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After watching Elfboy's video interview, I recommend scrapping all previous assumptions about Penn's type, such as INFP, ENFP, and type 8.

what do you think he is?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Is Sean Penn a Reformer or a Power Broker?

I've really analyzed him and he really seems INFPish and I've read several places on the internet where he is typed as an 8. What enneatype would you consider him?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've really analyzed him and he really seems INFPish and I've read several places on the internet where he is typed as an 8. What enneatype would you consider him?

So once upon a time a commenter called Penn an 8, and the rest followed like sheep. And no doubt because he's a spouse abuser.

But he's also a social activist. Or does he just like supporting commie dictators? And why? Because he likes power, or does he believe that communism champions the "little" guy?

I don't see Penn as an 8 because not enough of his life is devoted to 8-like activities. So I looked up some tritypes on Wikipedia. At first I thought "Reformer" (type 1) but none of those tritype titles make sense for Penn. But then I saw this:

368, 683, 836 The Justice Fighter

This contains 8, but I don't put it in first position. I agree there is an 8-ness quality to him. So that leaves 368 or 683. I'll go with 683, so he's a 6, probably 6w5 (Hitler's type).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]
see his performance in Gangster Squad. he basically plays a more Se dom version of himself and his 8w7-ness is obvious (albeit, 6w5 fixed 8w7)

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's an INFP 4w5, and an unhealthy one.

He's said things like 'no one has ever loved me the way I needed to be loved' and all kinds of 4w5ish 'forever unloved' statements

there are no INFP 8s, and if he were an 8 he would have made way more 'career moves' than he has. All he cared about was the expression and now all he cares about is Haiti. What he does and his passion becomes his identity. I'm sure he has a 9 in his tritype---he's definitely too on edge to be 9 first though. He seems sx/sp or maybe sx/so

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
ISFP

I think this forum is a little trigger-happy when it comes to diagnosing people as INFPs, and maybe N's in general.

No, it's just that INFP's make some of the most interesting personalities and so a good portion of famous (historical mostly) and fictional people that we know are INFP's. If there's any type that people get trigger-happy with typing, it's the INTJ. A LOT of idiots will just take one look at any smart person and just say that that person is an INTJ without even stopping to think.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]
see his performance in Gangster Squad. he basically plays a more Se dom version of himself and his 8w7-ness is obvious (albeit, 6w5 fixed 8w7)

I don't see what a role in a film has to do with his type.