• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pride and Prejudice Character Types

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Mr. Darcy: intp
Elizabeth Bennett: infp
Jane Bennett: isfj
Mr. Bingsley: exfp
Madame Bennett: esfj
mr. Bennett: infp
Mr. Collins: badass

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mr. Darcy: intp
Elizabeth Bennett: infp
Jane Bennett: isfj
Mr. Bingsley: exfp
Madame Bennett: esfj
mr. Bennett: infp
Mr. Collins: badass

I'd go with some the same, some different from yours.

Mr. Darcy: INTJ
Elizabeth Bennett: ENFJ
Jane Bennett: ISFJ
Mr. Bingley: ESFP
Madame Bennett: ESFJ
mr. Bennett: INTP
Mr. Collins: badass...LOL. Maybe ISTJ or ESTJ? Not sure.

By the way, Mr and Mrs Bennett remind me very much of an INTP-ESFJ couple I know, and I'm afraid that's not a very good thing. :shock:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Darcy is one of the most ISTJ characters I've ever encountered in literature.

Elizabeth is some sort of FJ, and I'm inclined to think ENFJ.

Jane is probably an ISFJ.

Bingley is an ESFJ.

Lydia is an ESFP.

The mom is an ESFJ.

The dad is probably an INTP.

Kitty is ISFP.

Mary is ISTJ.

Mr. Collins is a really dumb ISTJ.

Lady Catherine is an ESTJ.

Wickham is an ESTP.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another one... I'd probably go with ISTJ for Charlotte Lucas.

I agree with most of your Orangey, except the ones I didn't agree on. :D

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7

Bingley is an ESFJ.

Lydia is an ESFP.

The mom is an ESFJ.

Kitty is ISFP.

Mary is ISTJ.

Wickham is an ESTP.

Mostly agreed.

Darcy: ISTJ
Elizabeth: ENFJ
Jane: ISFP
Bingley: ESFJ
Lydia: ESFP
Mrs Bennett: ESFP
Mr Bennett: INTP
Kitty: xSFJ
Mary: xSTJ
Mr. Collins: ISTJ
Lady Catherine: ESTJ
Charlotte: ISTP
Wickham: ESTP

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Bingley is an ESFJ.

Lydia is an ESFP.

The mom is an ESFJ.

Kitty is ISFP.

Mary is ISTJ.

Wickham is an ESTP.

I agree with all of these. Mr. Darcy is always said to be INTJ but actually he seems way more of a Sensor than an iNtuitive. The only characters in the book who seem iNtuitive are Elizabeth and the Dad.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I agree with all of these. Mr. Darcy is always said to be INTJ but actually he seems way more of a Sensor than an iNtuitive. The only characters in the book who seem iNtuitive are Elizabeth and the Dad.

hehe its intresting that you'd exactly type the characters I'd type sensors to be intuitives (ok except for dad, what leaves one character :D). I'd type darcy as intuitive in the blink of an eye, let alone his whole collection of selfmade abstract art. Tho this art would prolly motivate you to type him a sensor, since art is real and sensorical. I'd see it from the point that art is abstract thoughts brought to reality.

its intresting how obviously we would have a different opinion and viewport but we cant really formulate the precise reason for this

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
hehe its intresting that you'd exactly type the characters I'd type sensors to be intuitives (ok except for dad, what leaves one character :D). I'd type darcy as intuitive in the blink of an eye, let alone his whole collection of selfmade abstract art. Tho this art would prolly motivate you to type him a sensor, since art is real and sensorical. I'd see it from the point that art is abstract thoughts brought to reality.

its intresting how obviously we would have a different opinion and viewport but we cant really formulate the precise reason for this

I have some pretty concrete reasons for calling him an ISTJ. The high and low points of his character all correspond more to ISTJ than INTJ. He was (by his own admission) duty-bound, he was concerned about what was "appropriate" and decorous behavior for himself and others given respective social stations, and he prided himself on his ability to adhere strictly to both of those things.

Also, he only collected art pieces (which were not really abstract, since that movement wouldn't have existed at the time the book was written.) They were not "selfmade."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have some pretty concrete reasons for calling him an ISTJ. The high and low points of his character all correspond more to ISTJ than INTJ. He was (by his own admission) duty-bound, he was concerned about what was "appropriate" and decorous behavior for himself and others given respective social stations, and he prided himself on his ability to adhere strictly to both of those things.

Also, he only collected art pieces (which were not really abstract, since that movement wouldn't have existed at the time the book was written.) They were not "selfmade."

Ha see those are things I didnt even notice in the movie. I saw it that way that it remembered me and my gf of our meeting, in which I was pride, the guy who doesnt fight for what he desires out of sole pride ( "Tell me know you dont love me and I wont bother you ever again" ). And she was prejudice, the girl that emotionally judges too quickly and whose opinion can be changed in a second because she doesnt listen to her heart (Darcy stopped the wedding and played the supposingly bad role regarding his foster brother).

No, this story had a lot of parallels to my own life :)

He won me over 100% when he said "I am not good at initiating a conversation" dead on :D

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Answers were good in the first few posts.
Then it got dumber lol.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Elizabeth - INFJ (1w2?)
Mr. Darcy - INTJ (1w9? If they're both e1s their dynamic makes so much sense. :D)
Jane - ISFJ
Mrs. Bennet - ESFJ 2/3
Mr. Bennet - INTP 5
Mary Bennett - ISTJ, 1 or 6
Lydia Bennett - ESFP 7w6
Kitty Bennett - ISFx
Mr. Bingley - ESFP
Caroline Bingley - SJ
Mr. Wickham - ESTP
Mr. Collins - ISTJ?
Catherine DeBourgh - ESTJ

violetschwarz

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Pride and Prejudice MBTI

Elizabeth appears to be ENFJ for everyone (she's even typed as an ENFJ on 16 personalities) but I'm seeing her more like an INFJ: for example at the beginning of the book when she explains she finds interesting to discover and analyse personalities of people around her.
I could be wrong since Ni is also one of the four functions of ENFJs but some sentences let me think she's way more INFJ than ENFJ.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it."

So for me, characters from Pride and Prejudice as MBTI types would be:
-M.Darcy : INTJ
-Elizabeth Bennet: INFJ
-Charles Bingley: ENFP
-Mister Collins: soooo ISTJ
-George Wickham: ESTP? Not sure
-Lady Catherine de Bourgh: ESTJ (no doubt on this)
-Jane Bennet: ISFP
-Mrs. Bennet: ENTJ? E and J are for sure
-Lydia Bennet: ESFJ I guess
-M. Bennet: INTP
-Mary Bennet: ISTJ
-Caroline Bingley: ISFJ
-Georgiana Darcy: I don't know for sure, some are saying she's INFJ or ISFJ so maybe something between these two
-Kitty Bennet: ESFP

Again I'm not a hundred percent sure of what I'm saying but that's what I'm thinking :)

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
In my opinion, Elizabeth uses Fi. Here is a quote from a post that argues that she is an ENFP: ''She refuses to marry for anything other than love, but does not share her feelings about Darcy as they shift and change until the last possible moment. Lizzie reacts to a slight against her with mockery, preferring not to talk about it with Jane or Charlotte but to instead divert attention away so she can process it in private. She is appalled that Charlotte would marry someone as irritating as Mr. Collins purely for security. Even though she believes her father is wrong in not stopping Lydia from going to Bath with her friends, she respects his decision and does nothing to impede it. If Lizzie does not like the company in the room, she excuses herself, turns to a book, or makes a polite mockery of them in private. Lizzie has very little regard for status or position and refuses to answer questions from Lady Catherine that she dislikes or to submit to her authority. Even though Lizzie believes in marrying for love, she freely admits with a twinkle in her eye that seeing Pemberley made all the difference in her affections for Mr. Darcy, because, after all, being in love is a fine thing… being in love and a wealthy woman is an even better thing! Even though she is initially outraged at Darcy’s allegations against the behavior of her mother and sisters at the ball, she is detached enough to see that his bias is well founded and factually based (they are inappropriate) and so concedes he is right and his opinions are valid. Lizzie flat out refuses to marry Mr. Collins out of dislike, and minces no words when telling Mr. Darcy all the reasons she would never accept his proposal". Even if you argued that she uses Ni, then I guess she could be an ESFP, or an INTJ (which I think is highly unlikely).

I also think she is an Ne dom-she is very playful and witty (based on my experience ENFPs are much more playful than INFJs). She has a "lively, playful disposition, which delighted in anything ridiculous"...very ENFP. Also, I think that Ni dom would be a better judge of character, they would have intuitvely known that Darcy was internally a good person. Rather, Elizabeth needed more experiences with Darcy to truly make out his character. And just because she likes to analyze different characters doesn't mean that she's an INFJ, most NFs in general enjoy doing this.

So these are my overall opinions:
-Mr. Darcy: IxTJ, I used to think INTJ but honestly I'm not sure anymore.
-Elizabeth Bennet: ENFP
-Charles Bingley: ESFJ
-Mister Collins: ISTJ
-George Wickham: ESTP is a possibilty...what about an unhealthy ENFJ? He could be possibly manipulative due to auxiliary Fe...
-Lady Catherine de Bourgh: ESTJ
-Jane Bennet: I've seen ISFJ, ISFP, and INFP. She is certainly an Fi user, because she has difficulty revealing her emotions to Bingley. But I'm not really sure whether or not she uses Se or Ne...
-Mrs. Bennet: ESFJ
-Lydia Bennet: textbook ESFP
-Mr. Bennet: INTP
-Mary Bennet: ISTJ
-Caroline Bingley: ESTJ
-Georgiana Darcy: Yes, some sort of IxFJ, I think ISFJ
-Kitty Bennet: ISFP (introverted version of Lydia)

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree that Lizzie is an ENFP. The only other type I could see her as is ENFJ. The "lively, playful disposition" description does not sound like an INFJ, or really an introvert, but I could see how the 1995 miniseries might influence that due to Lizzie seeming more subdued and self-contained in that version. Darcy is definitely ITJ, but I don't think we see enough of him to determine S or N. Jane is another character that I don't think we really know well enough to type. If anything her personality seems to align most closely with enneagram 9 rather than a specific MBTI type.

yeghor

Reviving old thread:

Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice are usually typed as INFJ/ENFP and INTJ, respectively.

I beg to differ. Elizabeth has always come across to me as the more tomboyish and masculine one and Mr. Darcy the more feminine. The other woman courting Mr. Darcy is Caroline Bingley and you would notice that Caroline Bingley is more cutthroat and masculine in her approach (see clip 1 the redhead lady) and even tries to condescend Lizzy infront of Mr. Darcy but she holds her composure and manners, which makes Mr. Darcy desire her even more. That makes me think Mr. Darcy is more feminine then masculine.

Furthermore, they are quite traditional types for their era, nothing eccentric about them, so I think they are actually sensors rather than intuitives. In the second clip, Darcy says he is going against tradition for his feelings for Elizabeth, as she comes from a lower class family.

So I would type Elizabeth as ISTJ and Darcy as ISFJ.

In the 3rd clip, Elizabeth keeps acting like a Tsundere and suppresses her feelings cause she cannot bring herself to admitting she loves Darcy as Darcy has foiled the prospects of a marriage between Elizabeth's sister and his friend Mr.Bingley before.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5