• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Neon Genesis Evangelion

yeghor

Well, you know what they say about typing this show...where most assume that the main characters are pretty unstable. But anyway, this is an old favorite of mine.

Rei = I_TJ
Asuka = ESTP? This one's tough.
Shinji = INFJ This one seems most sure.

Ritsuko = ISTJ Hadn't thought of that before, hmm.
Kaji = ENTP
Gendo = I__J I would really like to know his type.

And I guess it would make sense to have a lot of female Ts on this show, because when put alongside Shinji's (male) F, it looks "like the women are 'more of a man' than he is", as people often say.

Shinji = INFJ - Agreed
Gendo = ENTJ, Shinji's estranged father. He organizes so many people and resources over a span of multiple years to achieve an end goal, and also deals with a secret organization's moves at the same time, I don't think an INTJ would be able to rally that many people to their cause.
Asuka = ESTP - Agreed - Eva Pilot
Rei = ISFJ - Close enough, Eva Pilot, I don't think her demeanor is that masculine to be an ISTJ.
Ritsuko = ESTJ maybe, considering she's a scientist, we don't see her show any emotion or cry at all.
Kaji = Sly bastard and a charmer/womanizer. ? Too non-agressive to be an ESTP, too controlled to be an ENTP, an ENFJ perhaps?
Misato = ESFP, Base commander and a heavy drinker. Also lovers with Kaji.

They added another EVA pilot in the remakes, named Mari "Illustrious" Makinami. She gets along quite well with Asuka/ESTP, and seems to have a fondness for Shinji/INFJ. She's almost as daring as Asuka/ESTP yet she's more into books and less serious and more playful.

I've been trying to differentiate her MBTI type in relation to Asuka, I considered ESxP yet she's neither like Asuka or Misato. Then I thought she might be an ISTP but I would expect an ISTP to have a much darker and uncaring personality.

Furthermore, for some reason her overall demeanor and bravado come across as appealing to me. So I've been wondering if she could be an ENTP, still she is portrayed very physically capable in the clips below:

Mari Makinami Tribute 2022

Mari Makinami - Link to 2nd video