• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Barack & Michelle Obama's Type

What type is Obama

• ENFJ

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • ENFP

• ENTP

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • INFJ

• INTJ

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISTP

• Total voters

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol Obama is hilariously NF; look at the his moral crusades for broad-sweeping societal change, his dramatic idealism, charismatic orator persona and obvious penchant for dreaming up fantastical new visions for leading humanity into futuristic utopia!

I first had him pegged as ENFJ from watching the debates and public appearances during the campaign, but after seeing enough personal interviews on talk shows and such where he's unscripted, he seems very ENFP. He's hilariously Ne dom when he's just socializing and being himself; try the recent Jay Leno interview where he made that overblown comment about the special olympics...that seems suspiciously like Ne running its mouth off to be entertaining...my best guess, anyway.

ISTJ wtf?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
lol Obama is hilariously NF; look at the his moral crusades for broad-sweeping societal change, his dramatic idealism, charismatic orator persona and obvious penchant for dreaming up fantastical new visions for leading humanity into futuristic utopia!?

That's just his politics. Have you ever seen Obama emote something? He is calculated and calm seemingly all the time.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm glad to see we've completed the circle for Obama, having suggested every possible letter, including entire, opposite types.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
extroverted people feel that superficial insight is all that is of real value, therefore they don't feel blind. however the youtube transparency is also a stage move.

That's completely absurd.

That's just his politics. Have you ever seen Obama emote something? He is calculated and calm seemingly all the time.

I've seen him visibly annoyed and more venomous in debates, especially the ones against Clinton. He took a much more emotional tack in those because Clinton is an obvious strong T-style debate opponent and I think he knew he couldn't beat her in a purely logical point-for-point exchange.

Against McCain, he was aware that his ESTP opponent had a temper problem and that he could make him look bad by remaining comparatively calm. Just because he's put a lot of effort into calculating his behavior doesn't mean he's a T; I'm looking at his fundamental attitudes on human responsibility and interaction. His basic value system is NF; he's just a very smart NF who's learned how to control emotional outbursts for the sake of politics.

Of course, I might be completely wrong. We are discussing a guy who tells lies for a living here, so good luck typing any politician accurately without knowing him/her personally.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
That's completely absurd.

since you are in denial and projecting i will have to rephrase:
it is especially true for entp

but naturally you cant know how blind you are, since you dont see what you dont see, and dont feel it either

i will never again allow extroverted people to get away with implying into my face that my strengths of insight that i have in advance compare to them are not even real. it's sucks enough to allow them to get away with implying, that such insights have no value, what especially entp here do so often, that i could already cite the postings.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He's an N. He's a big picture guy, strikes me as imaginative as well, not the most traditional guy for sure. From my impression, I believe he's an N. ENTP.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i could actually see ENFp in his energy, on the smiling photos, or the one with the cigarette.
not so much in his other on screen behavior. maybe he tries very hard to control him self.
and philosophically inclined ENFp have the patterns that i pointed out (conservative slow learning style / building values carefully)

but if you don't see that his talk is coming rather from stage awareness, than from anything typological ... duh.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
since you are in denial and projecting i will have to rephrase:
it is especially true for entp

but naturally you cant know how blind you are, since you dont see what you dont see, and dont feel it either

i will never again allow extroverted people to get away with implying into my face that my strengths of insight that i have in advance compare to them are not even real. it's sucks enough to allow them to get away with implying, that such insights have no value, what especially entp here do so often, that i could already cite the postings.

Forget ENTPs; you've claimed that all extroverted people are concerned only with superficiality. That's so ridiculous it doesn't even require a response. You can't seriously believe something so silly, can you?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When he was asked what has "enchanted" him about his new job, he joked about it and you could see in his face that he didn't feel comfortable with the term. It was way too "N" for him.
I think that is also a word that would cause a T to take pause. It was an incredibly strange question to ask a president. I think the purpose of such a question was precisely to try to make him fumble. It was not an example of good journalism. It's weird to think that the level of success that allows a journalist to have an audience with a president could also produce such a weird question. When a person is dealing with serious issues that affect the lives of millions of people, it is just bizarre to think they would be feeling "enchanted" about anything. I wouldn't.

deleted
Wow. All these subjective concepts aren't working people. Why don't you resort back to the book and try to understand the theory of MBTI before you begin typing people again? No, I'm not being overly critical. I am saying don't type people if you can't refer to general concepts.

And just to consider my amateur typing, try reading some ENTJ personality profiles.

All these subjective concepts aren't working people.

Obama too. Some of you have the most peculiar artifices.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
1) "please" don't assume that you can ask me for anything.
2) you are just manipulating again. my pattern is actually right on. superficiality is an absolute correct wording for the extroverted functions, which define objects according to appearance and behavior, not according to their inner nature. read carl jung and understand typology and integrate the fact that you can not have it all. you have the strengths of extroversion and the strengths of introversion to a much lesser degree. my pattern is certainly about degrees, not absolute, but you know this and pretend that you don't, because you are manipulating public perception of my writings. it might be possible that you have manipulated you own perception of my words, even before you have understood them correctly. i am not responsible for your faults.

i have earned agreement from entp, for the same wording of the pattern. what you think is just your opinion, not the opinion of extroverted people whom you claim to defend.

You seem very hurt, very angry, and very mistaken.

That's all I can say right now.

I fear it's not only my opinion, it would be the reaction of every extrovert here. You speak of something you don't know. Extroversion is not a way to feel superior, or to manipulate you. It's rather a way to relate to the world around us. It's not necessarily superficial, it's different. It's the poetry you feel in crowds, dense environments soaked with messages written in neons, in every language of the earth. It's the exhilaration you feel around your fellow men, when you keep in touch with them.

It's not better than meditation, solitude, it's just a different kind of music. And I think you can appreciate both.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ A valiant effort, but unfortunately I doubt it'll accomplish much. Some people are dead set on their arbitrary biases.

Of course, I'm sure I'm just, you know, in denial.

Now then, blackmail, back to superficial things, since that's all we're interested in.

P.S.,
Why is it not surprising that this garbage is coming from an INF?

deleted
Obama Poll

obama0201.jpg

obama_lg.jpg

barack-obama-21232458043.jpg

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i can perfectly enjoy superficial people, and they can perfectly enjoy my contributions. but they must not be oblivious about how they are and how i relate to that in comparison. if they are so omnipotent as to devalue and therefore deny their specific relative shortcomings, they will also project their devaluing attitude, their anger about their shortcomings into my objective descriptions of their shortcomings. i am afraid, i can not enjoy superficial people who project shit on me and apparently they can't enjoy my contributions, as those are naturally linked to deep objective insight into people's weakness (likewise into my own, which constitutes my strength).

some stalker said:
it would be the reaction of every extrovert here. You speak of something you don't know. Extroversion is not a way to feel superior, or to manipulate you.

see, i never said that anywhere, but you are deliberately misrepresenting me in order to ridicule me. it is the narcissism of some [extroverted] people like you and simultedworld, who do not know their boundaries, that therefore "feels superior" and "manipulates"... superficiality in it self is not a problem.

but its embarrassing when you accuse me of being "hurt" without even understanding what that would actually imply
...just because your insight into such a thing as "hurt" is simple, does not mean that "hurt" simply means, that someone is "mistaken".

same guy said:
I fear it's not only my opinion, it would be the reaction of every extrovert here.

you know, that your record is broken right? what is it with abusing words like "i fear" when you mean "i hope" or asking a favor as if you were asking in my own name:

Please, don't let your anger and frustration against extroverted people takes the best of you.

my best is right here and kicking.

you better stop your blackmaling ...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Ok, look dude, nobody is saying that you don't have worthwhile contributions. I don't have anything against introverts and I enjoy the insights that a lot of them have to share.

But claiming that 50% of all people are only capable of/concerned with "superficial insights" is just silly. Can you back this up? We're not misrepresenting you; that's exactly what you said.

And extroverts aren't the only people who will ridicule you when you say something ridiculous without backing it up. It's not a conspiracy against introverts, I promise--try mouthing off like this to an INTP and see what happens.

If you'd like to explain how it is that you know extroverts are totally unconcerned with anything beyond "superficial insights", I'd honestly love to hear it. Being dominant in an extroverted function does not render us incapable of using introverted functions and spending some time reflecting upon our inner selves. Remember that this MBTI stuff is just an expression of average tendencies, not of clear divisions between ultimate ability.