• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Barack & Michelle Obama's Type

What type is Obama

• ENFJ

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • ENFP

• ENTP

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • INFJ

• INTJ

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISTP

• Total voters

JLM

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Michelle: ESTJ
Barack: INFJ

It's clear she runs the show and he just follows suit, Barack is not an Extravert, he's just a great orator, public speaker, but he doesn't seem to enjoy social interaction in his personal life, Michelle seems more outgoing and enjoys the spotlight.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barack Obama: ENTP 3w4 So/Sp.
Michelle Obama: ESTJ 8w9 So/Sp.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that Barack Obama is an ENTP. You get this sense of contained energy from him, like it's taking all his discipline to present the sober image required of a US President but what he really wants to do is run around and really throw himself into the job wholeheartedly.

The ENTP configuration also explains his charm and charisma. ENTP types have Fe as their tertiary function and may use it a lot to in service of their dominant intuition: to basically "win friends and influence people". They can be very charismatic and persuasive when using this function, with a certain boyish (or girlish) charm.

Obama is particularly adept at oratory, I'd guess that he has worked very hard to develop his Feeling function in an attempt to balance the cooler, more remote attitude of his Auxiliary Ti. This is why he appears ENFJ-like to so many people.

IMHO, Obama's innate type, and his seemingly high level of personal development, makes him uniquely qualified for the difficult tasks ahead of him.

As for Michelle, that interview was revealing, but not nearly enough to accurately guess her complete type. The I and J are pretty obvious, but the other two letters are open for debate. I'm currently torn between ISFJ, INFJ and ISTJ.

did you just use ENTP in the same sentence as contained energy, discipline and sober image?

D

Dali

There seems to be a consensus of sorts on Barack's type with most believing him to be ENFJ.

As for Michelle, I was just about to post on here to see what type others thought she was. I believed her to be ESTJ but after watching her on The View and reading the interview you posted, I shall revise that to ISTJ.

Three years later, I take that back. How did I ever think he was anything but ENTP? (albeit a J-ish seeming one)

D

Dali

I agree that Barack Obama is an ENTP. You get this sense of contained energy from him, like it's taking all his discipline to present the sober image required of a US President but what he really wants to do is run around and really throw himself into the job wholeheartedly.

did you just use ENTP in the same sentence as contained energy, discipline and sober image?

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] No offense but... did you read what Apollonaut wrote or did you just zoom in on certain keywords?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] No offense but... did you read what Apollonaut wrote or did you just zoom in on certain keywords?

I skimmed it, but I guess I read it wrong, lol

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Barack seems EXTP to me. He's actually rather hard to read. Michelle seems ISTJ.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think entj because he stammers a lot as he speaks publicly because he is trying to find the right words to not create a political firestorm many times. I think F types can "calculate" this quite easily subconsciously. He seems a lot more comfortable talking about ideas than social/political/feeling things. I think part of him despises that kind of politics because he views it as pandering to individual groups rather than doing what is best for all. I think people see him as F because of the focus on his eloquent speeches. In a speech he doesn't have to react in real time to others. When reporters grill him individually he sounds a lot more hesitant.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obama? Oh, right. We finally got someone in office who demonstrates what the country would be like without someone at the helm.

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
They have Michelle Obama INTJ http://typelogic.com/intj.html
I'm no expert or anything like that, but most of my friends can mimic being extroverted and traditional, but once you step inside their world they are total different people. I think President Obama is an INTP, he doesn't seem extroverted, but one who has mastered appearing extroverted. I can appear to be one if I'm talking about the big picture and knowledge that I'm extremely familiar with. That's what he conveys me with, I haven't done so much research just what I was thinking.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
A friend of obama described him as easy-going, likes to help people, informal. Sounds like ENFP to me.