• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enfp 7w6 sx/so.

7s always have that underlying critical bent that others don't necessarily see. but his movement created belief through conveying real hope. he was also clearly a teacher of emotions. that was the beauty in his work.

S

Stansmith

His demeanor and aura is very INFJ. He has this classy, composed, eccentric, spiritualness to him that reminds me of monks, Ghandi, Jesus, etc. I know an NJ when I see one.

And I can't help but lol at the thought of an Sexual ENFP 7w6 having the patience to carry out a non-violent protest and never have any slip ups or visible moments of frustration. Sexual 7w6s aren't necessarily spazzes, but it seems really unnatural for them to show that much composure and tact while getting treated like sh-t constantly.

Starry

His demeanor and aura is very INFJ. He has this classy, composed, eccentric, spiritualness to him that reminds me of monks, Ghandi, Jesus, etc. I know an NJ when I see one.

And I can't help but lol at the thought of an Sexual ENFP 7w6 having the patience to carry out a non-violent protest and never have any slip ups or visible moments of frustration. Sexual 7w6s aren't necessarily spazzes, but it seems really unnatural for them to show that much composure and tact while getting treated like sh-t constantly.

You seem to have a narrow view of what an ENFP 7w6 sx is and is not capable of.

If I'm remembering correctly, MLK Jr. was over the age of 14 when he was doing the majority of the work he is famous for am I right? Yes, I believe I am in this regard. And while I'm not commenting here on what I feel his type was as I have never considered it before... I will say that when it comes to Human Rights...or any issue I believe in with every ounce of my being...I am capable of damn near anything for however long it takes.

And for some more lolz, you will find on this site and others strong arguments for typing the historical Jesus as ENFP (most likely 7w6 sx as well). iow, while the biblical Jesus was INFJ...the historical Jesus was ENFP.

S

Stansmith

You seem to have a narrow view of what an ENFP 7w6 sx is and is not capable of.

If I'm remembering correctly, MLK Jr. was over the age of 14 when he was doing the majority of the work he is famous for am I right? Yes, I believe I am in this regard. And while I'm not commenting here on what I feel his type was as I have never considered it before... I will say that when it comes to Human Rights...or any issue I believe in with every ounce of my being...I am capable of damn near anything for however long it takes.

And for some more lolz, you will find on this site and others strong arguments for typing the historical Jesus as ENFP (most likely 7w6 sx as well). iow, while the biblical Jesus was INFJ...the historical Jesus was ENFP.

Although feasible, INFJ just makes much more sense.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
The first paragraph alone, in my opinion, establishes him as an NFJ, the very way he addresses people and considers the work of his secretaries and the impact of his writing on others. The diligence, orderliness and determination to execute his non-violence campaign is the hallmark of a balanced INFJ. My second guess would be an ENFJ. The poise and elegance with which he speaks demonstrates intellect tempered with Fe. He's classy, he's charming, he's persuasive. He's an INFJ, or if he is INTJ [as someone suggested], he is an INTJ who had learned to temper his Te with concern for the impact of his words and actions on the hearts and minds of others. I think he comes across as the "People don't care how you know until they know how much you care," embodiment.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MLK was probably ENFJ if the stories of relatives who knew the man are to be believed. As a point of contrast, if I were to pick a well-known figure of the Civil Rights movement who was an ENFP, it was probably Rosa Parks. Similarly, I'd put money on Malcolm X being INTJ 6w5 sx-first.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there some aversion around here to typing an obvious social Reformer as a 1?

looking back, I agree with this.

ENFJ 1w2>7w8>2w? either Sx/So, So/Sx or So/Sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A 8, not a 1. He was very into luxury, combinated with an orientation toward peace. He has no issues with resssentment/contrition, so, not a 1.

He was an 8w9 Sx/So, and an ENFJ.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I highly agree with him being ENFJ, not as saintly as he's presented to be but he overall had good intentions.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm…
I wonder if I am going to change the world.

It seems like 7w6 ENFP is the revolutionary archetype.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is an ENFJ (skip to :20):

This is an INFJ (skip to 1:10):

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just saw a video of him. I'm honestly gobsmacked that he has been typed an 8 just because he cared about the defenceless or whatever integrated 8s are meant to care about. The guy is an obvious ENFJ 1w2 and hopefully this will be an end to the whole ENFJ+8 combo concept.

yeghor

I think King Jr was an ENFJ. He was preaching harmony among people of different groups. I think ESFJs would be more defendant of their own group/tribe.

I guess Ni-aux adds a universal overtone to the Fe harmonization/socialization drive. He is too extraverted and in the center of attention to be an introvert. That is what distinguishes Hitler, he probably was an Si-dom or Si-aux type, therefore was only concerned with the well-being of the German people and was fixated on restoring the past glory of the German Empire.

Fe-dom want people to get along and be happy.

There is some previous discussion why Fe-dom also rebel against conventional norms in the below thread. I think Fe-Ni is more inclined to do that and it is not a rebellion but more a call for reform/optimization. Fe tries to preach and persuade a desire for harmony and getting along.

Fe users rebelling against social norms

Some people typed him enneagram 8 or enneagram 1 but I think he was an enneagram 3w2 with strong enneagram 1 (Ni) on the side.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFJ is obvious to me. He's commonly typed as an 8w9, but I'm between 8 and 1 for him, personally, though I lean towards the former. (Perhaps, his being a double compliant in his other fixes might contribute to him seeming a little more 1-like; definitely x26 in his tritype). Lots of ethical idealism, but despite his commitment to nonviolence, he was very tactically flexible and felt more of a protector instinct towards his community and the rights they were fighting for (despite his initial reluctance to take up the mantle). Consider this quote from Letter from a Birmingham Jail: "Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks so to dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored." That's why I still lean towards 8, but I'm open to other arguments. The biggest distortion of his philosophy today is equating his advocacy of nonviolence with singing kumbaya as a way to solve all problems. He was still about direct action and confrontation, just in a different and more creative way.

yeghor

ENFJ is obvious to me. He's commonly typed as an 8w9, but I'm between 8 and 1 for him, personally, though I lean towards the former. (Perhaps, his being a double compliant in his other fixes might contribute to him seeming a little more 1-like; definitely x26 in his tritype). Lots of ethical idealism, but despite his commitment to nonviolence, he was very tactically flexible and felt more of a protector instinct towards his community and the rights they were fighting for (despite his initial reluctance to take up the mantle). Consider this quote from Letter from a Birmingham Jail: "Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks so to dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored." That's why I still lean towards 8, but I'm open to other arguments. The biggest distortion of his philosophy today is equating his advocacy of nonviolence with singing kumbaya as a way to solve all problems. He was still about direct action and confrontation, just in a different and more creative way.

I think enneagram 8 would be more like Che Guavera style of revolution. He is more like a preacher.

I personally associate enneagram 3 with Fe. So I typed King Jr. as 3w2, a service oriented 3.

Basic Desire 3w2

Their basic desire is to be admired and accepted. They seek value through accomplishment, which may push them deeper into their work.

Enchanters tend to adjust their persona to their audience, in order to feel as though they are easily liked, which may lead to playing a character rather than being themselves.

Strengths that are typically associated with the Enneagram 3w2 personality include...
-Dedication to achieving their goals
-Naturally self-confident and self-aware
-Ability to easily connect with others
-Caring deeply for their community
-Being efficient in the workplace

Enneagram 3 gives them the heart triad desire for admiration and success from the community, tempered with enneagram 2 desire to serve others and enneagram 1 desire to reform the community.

ENFJs have tertiary Se, meaning that they can employ raw force when necessary but lead with Fe harmony and Ni long term planning mindset.