• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paul Bettany

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
He's played an INTP so perfectly that I'm inclined to doubt anything but, however he could just be a great actor. ISFP is plausible, at least.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
He's played an INTP so perfectly that I'm inclined to doubt anything but, however he could just be a great actor. ISFP is plausible, at least.

Okay, note how he seems uncomfortable reflecting on his work as an actor philosophically. He much much prefers to tak about tangiable things he has done, and that's preety much all he does throughout the interview.

Don't mistake British reserve for T. He's an actor. I'll need good convincing that almost any actor isn't a T.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Okay, note how he seems uncomfortable reflecting on his work as an actor philosophically. He much much prefers to tak about tangiable things he has done, and that's preety much all he does throughout the interview.

Don't mistake British reserve for T. He's an actor. I'll need good convincing that almost any actor isn't a T.
I didn't mistake anything for T, Mr. Smartypants. I said he played an INTP perfectly (Stephen Maturin).

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I didn't mistake anything for T, Mr. Smartypants. I said he played an INTP perfectly (Stephen Maturin).

So by being "inclined to doubt anything but" and INTP for him, you're saying you weren't nominating him as a T?

To make that so your comma should have been before the "but" and not afterwards :D

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
He's married to an INFJ, Jennifer Connelly, if that's any help. That would suggest ISFP more than INTP, although of course it does not rule any type out. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You have sons? Or is this some joke I don't understand? :/
I'm totally dumfounded here, dyna. You know me, and you're N, and you can't figure out when I'm bein' figurative (or possibly quoting Conan the Barbarian...)? :D

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm totally dumfounded here, dyna. You know me, and you're N, and you can't figure out when I'm bein' figurative (or possibly quoting Conan the Barbarian...)? :D

See I'm not familiar with Conan the Barbarian, whatever he may be...

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't have a whole lot to add overall (apart from my love of the actor) but why 'I'?

I can't recall if I've ever watched an interview with Bettany - but I have read some, and from his comments, he always appears to be horsing around - the journalist reporting how comfortable he seems being interrogated.
I may be wrong, but does this not sound more like an 'E' trait?

Of course, he could just be very comfortable in his own skin (how much can you tell from just reading the words he says, really?) I'm just curious as to why you immediately typed him as an 'I'.

Edit: I just realized you were basing your observations off a particular video :doh:
I'm currently at work, thus cannot watch it - but will do later to see if I concur.