• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MythBusters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mythbusters.jpg

Jamie Hyneman: INTJ
Adam Savage: ISTP
Others Characters: I don't know

Actually I think that show is a pure SP/NT connection, like Jackass who meets Mr Wizard.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
Adam Savage - ENTP
Grant Imahara - INTP
Tori Belleci - ESTP
Kerri Byron - ENFP
Scottie Chapman - ISTP

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
Adam Savage - ENTP
Grant Imahara - INTP
Tori Belleci - ESTP
Kerri Byron - ENFP
Scottie Chapman - ISTP

I'm with Night on this one. Especially on Adam - if he's actually like he is on the show, he's the most ENTP-ish ENTP I've met (and I have/had a couple of very good ENTP friends). He definitely brings the zany-fun to the show.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
Adam Savage - ENTP
Grant Imahara - INTP
Tori Belleci - ESTP
Kerri Byron - ENFP
Scottie Chapman - ISTP
I always thought Tori was the least interesting character (person would be the more "humanizing" term, I suppose) on the show. Perhaps this is because his S negatively stands out in a cast of mostly Ns?

I think Jamie's x is an N. He doesn't seem to to have the Si-dom approach of gathering loads of information to establish a norm. He seems to have a few Ni intuitive "guesses."

Other than that, I agree with the post I've quoted.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I always thought Tori was the least interesting character (person would be the more "humanizing" term, I suppose) on the show. Perhaps this is because his S negatively stands out in a cast of mostly Ns?

I think Jamie's x is an N. He doesn't seem to to have the Si-dom approach of gathering loads of information to establish a norm. He seems to have a few Ni intuitive "guesses."

Other than that, I agree with the post I've quoted.

Yeah, up until a little while ago, I always pegged Jamie as an INTJ. Someone recently made a convincing argument that his attention to safety/tried-and-tested personal approach to problem solving were hallmark characteristics of Si.

Doesn't necessarily mean that the description was true, or that these de facto components overlap N traits in terms of importance. Just that he seems to have a good balance of tradition with abstraction.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Yeah, up until a little while ago, I always pegged Jamie as an INTJ. Someone recently made a convincing argument that his attention to safety/tried-and-tested personal approach to problem solving were hallmark characteristics of Si.

Doesn't necessarily mean that the description was true, or that these de facto components overlap N traits in terms of importance. Just that he seems to have a good balance of tradition with abstraction.

While I don't at all disagree with the possibility that he could be ISTJ, INTJ simply appears more likely.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

He's sort of OCD in a way I associate with Ni doms, though. :D

It's a tough call. Part of the problem is that they have to edit Jamie's stuff so much that we may not be quite getting an accurate portrayal of him.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
While I don't at all disagree with the possibility that he could be ISTJ, INTJ simply appears more likely.

Agreed. In terms of function preference, much of what he does gives me the impression of an xNTJ mindset.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
He's sort of OCD in a way I associate with Ni doms, though. :D

It's a tough call. Part of the problem is that they have to edit Jamie's stuff so much that we may not be quite getting an accurate portrayal of him.

I've noticed that, too.

The INTJs I know rarely fumble for words or humor. Jamie seems to have difficulty with both (at least insofar as his television personality behaves).

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed that, too.

The INTJs I know rarely fumble for words or humor. Jamie seems to have difficulty with both (at least insofar as his television personality behaves).

Good point - the INTJs I've known are at least very good at recalling a database of humor, if nothing else. Also, when I have noticed Jamie getting a really good joke in, it usually comes out of left field in an Ne type manner.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
Adam Savage - ENTP
Grant Imahara - INTP
Tori Belleci - ESTP
Kerri Byron - ENFP
Scottie Chapman - ISTP

I'm pretty sure that Heyneman is an INTJ. Agree to type savage as ENTP. For the others characters, I trust you. Actually, I've post this thread just a few times afte have discovered that show.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
Adam Savage - ENTP
Grant Imahara - INTP
Tori Belleci - ESTP
Kerri Byron - ENFP
Scottie Chapman - ISTP

and there you have it.
only tori might be introverted -- i think most of his enthusiasm is manufactured. he has the most macho look, so i think the director's encourage him to be more into the explosions than he actually is.
adam on the other hand... he's not acting. you couldn't fake that.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram

My intj spouse is that way, sometimes. If he's presented with a new problem, he first runs everything through his database of tried-and-true solutions, then, if nothing comes up, he's thrilled to find a new way to attack it. He digs intuitive jumping. But, since efficiency is high on his priority list, the *fastest* way to get the job done is the trump card. It's quickest to go with something he's already seen work well.

The same can be said for safety. It's terribly inefficient (for future endeavors) to chop off one's fingers or lose an eye. :alttongue:

That said, you can talk him out of any of his standard approaches if you make a convincing argument. He'll try anything as long as it makes sense (which is why the show has so much spark, I think...it consists largely of: can ENTP Adam come up with a convincing enough argument for his ridiculously innovative/bizzare idea to win over Jaime?)

INTJs hang onto ideas for the sake of efficiency and success, but will toss them into the trash heap so fast it'll make your head spin, if you prove something else works better. They differ from Si in that they really lack stubborn holding of position, if you're clever enough to appeal to their logic.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Mythbusters MBTI

Anyone else like this show? What do you think their types are? I'm not sure about some of these.

Jamie - ISTJ
Adam - ENTP
Kari - ESFP
Grant - INTP
Tory - ISTP

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Love this show. One of my absolute favorite programs.

Jamie - INTJ
Adam - ENTP
Kari - ENFP
Grant - INTP
Tori - ESTP

Scottie - ISTP
Heather Joseph-Whitman - xNFx
Guest Frank Doyle - ISTJ
Guest Sgt. J. D. Nelson - ISTJ

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Agreed.

Though I could also see how Jamie might be ENTJ and Tori ISTP.

Really? Jamie as an ENTJ? Interesting. Anything in particular that leads you to this potential conclusion?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Why N for Jamie instead of S? He's so orderly and detail oriented, and always focuses on what's practical first. Seems really present minded, but smart. Adam seems more of the abstract idea person of the two. Though I did think INTJ originally for Jamie.