• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MythBusters

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Really? Jamie as an ENTJ? Interesting. Anything in particular that leads you to this potential conclusion?

He's just a lot more commanding and domineering than most typical introverts. He also seems a lot less open-minded than most N-doms.

I get a vibe from him that tells me he's more interested in controlling the experiment and having Adam follow his own structured agenda than trying out others' (namely Adam's) approaches to dealing with the question at hand.

It's some times hard for me to discern E/I with people that don't interact with me, though, so I usually consider that letter moot before I meet them.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Love this show. One of my absolute favorite programs.

Jamie - INTJ
Adam - ENTP
Kari - ENFP
Grant - INTP
Tori - ESTP

Scottie - ISTP
Heather Joseph-Whitman - xNFx
Guest Frank Doyle - ISTJ
Guest Sgt. J. D. Nelson - ISTJ

:yes: -- I agree.

I think that Jamie may be a little more authoritative on the show than he might otherwise be. First, he's the boss (the show was his idea and takes place at his shop -- he actually invited Adam to team up on the show because he thought that he himself would be too boring for anyone to want to watch). Second, I think that Jamie does a fair amount of "spaz-wrangling". I mean, Adam's great, but at least as portrayed on the show he's not exactly the type to stay on target when it comes to finishing stuff :D. Jamie's the one who keeps things on track -- he sort of has to be.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Just like ISTJs are!

I agree he doesn't seem N-dom though.

The fact that he's commanding and domineering when it comes to getting the job done doesn't point more to ISTJ than it does to ENTJ. It generally points to one being a Te-er, which is a top function of any TJ.

I just don't see any Si from him at all. Si doesn't question things the way that he would need to in order to have a show that's meant to specifically ask questions and explore the truth behind generally accepted theories/stories/"myths".

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The fact that he's commanding and domineering when it comes to getting the job done doesn't point more to ISTJ than it does to ENTJ. It generally points to one being a Te-er, which is a top function of any TJ.

I just don't see any Si from him at all. Si doesn't question things the way that he would need to in order to have a show that's meant to specifically ask questions and explore the truth behind generally accepted theories/stories/"myths".

Jamie is soft-spoken with a monotone demeanor, not commanding in the ENTJ sense at all. Just really measured and controlled.

And Si is all about collecting and analyzing data in the immediate environment, and clear attention to detail and objectives. So he's pretty much Si personified.