• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
well fine then, at least we agree Will is EXXP...... we should garner more input though!

What about Geoffry.... I see lots of different possbile types for him. I selected INTP for his dry wit/sarcasm and because he loses all of his bearing/fortitude when he's attracted to a woman

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, I agree Geoffrey is some sort of IxTx.

Will seems ENFP to me. Or at least ExFP. His overt concern for the feelings of others, and his sometimes sickeningly nurturing behavior, leads me to believe F.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yes, I agree Geoffrey is some sort of IxTx.

Will seems ENFP to me. Or at least ExFP. His overt concern for the feelings of others, and his sometimes sickeningly nurturing behavior, leads me to believe F.

I actually think he's ESFP. In fact, if I were to judge it now, I'd say:

Will - ESFP
Carlton - ENTJ
Ashley - ISFJ
Hillary - ESFP
Phil - ENTP
Viv - ISFJ
Geoffrey - INTP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I actually think he's ESFP. In fact, if I were to judge it now, I'd say:

Will - ESFP
Carlton - ENTJ
Ashley - ISFJ
Hillary - ESFP
Phil - ENTP
Viv - ISFJ
Geoffrey - INTP

But just think how different Will and Hillary are. You're saying they're the same type.

Hillary is the stereotype ESFP (in her sheer vacuousness). Will, by contrast, seems more "deep" when it comes down to it (and it usually does, especially in the more dramatic episodes). He reflects on his actions and those of others, and subsequently draws moral lessons to be learned.

And Geoffrey may well be INTP ( I love his humor), but there is something slightly more exacting about him, and more respectful/devoted to tradition and authority.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
And Geoffrey may well be INTP ( I love his humor), but there is something slightly more exacting about him, and more respectful/devoted to tradition and authority.

are you sure about that last part? Recall that he is a Butler, and as far as butlers go, he is EXTREMELY Snarky/smartassish. If he worked for anyone else, he'd be fired for sure. He's also British, so gotta consider culture, too

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
are you sure about that last part? Recall that he is a Butler, and as far as butlers go, he is EXTREMELY Snarky/smartassish. If he worked for anyone else, he'd be fired for sure. He's also British, so gotta consider culture, too

Yeah that's true. I'm mostly recalling the "lady Penelope" episode, where he was all devotion to that old British guy and his daughter, who was the heir to the throne like forty times removed, or something. But that may be culture, you're right.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But just think how different Will and Hillary are. You're saying they're the same type.

Hillary is the stereotype ESFP (in her sheer vacuousness). Will, by contrast, seems more "deep" when it comes down to it (and it usually does, especially in the more dramatic episodes). He reflects on his actions and those of others, and subsequently draws moral lessons to be learned.

Agree.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think Will is an ENFP.
Partially because I'm pretty sure Will Smith is an ENFP.
I agree with Speed Gavorche for the most part except that I think Carleton is more of a T than an F.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think Will is an ENFP.
Partially because I'm pretty sure Will Smith is an ENFP.
I agree with Speed Gavorche for the most part except that I think Carleton is more of a T than an F.

Yeah, Carlton is the stereotypical ENTJ.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
Carlton is NOT an ENTJ..... OMG, you so can't afford to be this naive about Fresh Prince!

When has Carlton EVER taken someone under his wing to show that person all he knows, or to accomplish a great intellectual goal? The only time he's leading, he does it because it gets him social status to impress people with. His primary concern is his social status and his family (and the inheritance) .... ESTJ

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Carlton is NOT an ENTJ..... OMG, you so can't afford to be this naive about Fresh Prince!

I agree. Carlton as ENTJ or any intuitive is laughable. SJ for sure, I'm thinking more of ESFJ though because of his sensitivity and self-preservation.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I guess SJ is possible for Carleton but one also has to understand the long-term implications of social status, so I can see an NT being into acquiring it- especially the more extraverted ones since well, having high social status is um... kind of useful for whatever it is you want to do and whatever intellectual hobbies one wants to take on.

An NT won't want to acquire high social status simply for the sake of impressing people BUT if impressing people brings more power and autonomy to the person- then it's in the NT's best interest to work for that. Also Extraverts are more likely to try to acquire it than Introverts because being too independent makes for a lonely world.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
INTJ's are VERY concerned with conventions.... I can't get a single one of them to smoke pot. Not one, because "they could get busted" etc etc.

We are also very concerned with the difference between doing something for the sake of convention and doing something because the possible outcome doesn't warrant the risk even if the convention that's attached to the risk is something we have no inherent respect for.

Think.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Will: ESTP
Carlton: INTJ
Ashley: ISFJ
Hillary: ESFP
Uncle Phil: ENTP
Aunt Viv: INFJ
Geoffrey: ISFJ

Uncle Phil is a judge for a living and you don't think he's a J? There's nothing ambiguous about him and that's a hallmark of ENTPs. He strikes me as awfully ESTJ, personally. Quite authoritarian, and very fulfilled when he punishes rule-breakers on a daily basis.

Carlton is an ISTJ. Way too traditionalist and a stickler for rules. ("Will, you can't DRINK! YOU'RE UNDERAGE!!!!!")

And Geoffrey must be an INTx. He is constantly making smart ass remarks that float just over everyone's heads.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why not an ENFJ overlord in the making? Carlton is not introverted and not thinking at all. He's very people oriented, charistmatic, emphatic and enthusiast to defend the Bank's family values, but not in a Guardian way but in a Idealist way and he's too excentric and too relationals problems with Jazz to be ESFJ.
He corresponds to the achetype of the Teacher because he's very giver of lessons and able to defend his values, for exemple, at the begining of the show, he's enthusiast to give lessons of social comportement to Will and give him social skills adapted to the environment of Bel-Air and to defend the tea-time.
It's mainly a case of that P vs. J stereotyping methinks, so they're both ENFx but the J/P difference change everithing or almost. So, I persist to type Carlton as an ENFJ.

Carlton is not even remotely charismatic! Most of the humor with his character revolves around showing how socially inept he is. And as others are saying, he's clearly status-oriented. He could be ISFJ, but nothing other than ISxJ seems reasonable much at all.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ's are VERY concerned with conventions.... I can't get a single one of them to smoke pot. Not one, because "they could get busted" etc etc. Phil only plays the social kissass card at times because A) he's older, and B) he has to as a Judge

And I look at whole types, not individual factors... the sub-processes are bullshit: so Let me ask you this: What type best explains Will's INEXHAUSTIBLE display of antics?! ENTP, IMO.... ESTP perhaps

Some of the biggest stoners I know are INTJs; they're just more selective about when and where they smoke because they know it would be poor strategy to do it in an unsafe environment and risk getting caught. And when they refuse, it has nothing to do with convention--INTJs are less concerned with convention for its own sake than any other type, just about. They'll follow a convention to the death if it works logically, though.

Being pretty involved in marijuana culture myself, the only types I've noticed that typically dislike pot are SJs, either because it's illegal or because it removes their natural sense of control/distorts too much the primary function through which they gather data (Sensing.)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Uncle Phil is a judge for a living and you don't think he's a J? There's nothing ambiguous about him and that's a hallmark of ENTPs. He strikes me as awfully ESTJ, personally. Quite authoritarian, and very fulfilled when he punishes rule-breakers on a daily basis.

Carlton is an ISTJ. Way too traditionalist and a stickler for rules. ("Will, you can't DRINK! YOU'RE UNDERAGE!!!!!")

And Geoffrey must be an INTx. He is constantly making smart ass remarks that float just over everyone's heads.

Yeah, you're right about Phil. Phil's definitely an E, T, and J. But he seems more N to me - a good example is when he said to Will in a serious way that Phil was less worried about Will because he knew Will would find a way to make it. And yeah Geoffrey is INTP. Carlton is still a toss-up, all I have is T and J. S seems likely too, he's always concerned about details and he's more practical and not an imaginative or creative guy.

That original list I made was not my best analysis. Here's what I think at the moment:

Will - ENFP
Carlton - xSTJ
Ashley - ISFP
Hillary - ESFP
Phil - ENTJ
Viv - ISFJ
Geoffrey - INTP

That's how I would view it now.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Carlton is not even remotely charismatic! Most of the humor with his character revolves around showing how socially inept he is. And as others are saying, he's clearly status-oriented. He could be ISFJ, but nothing other than ISxJ seems reasonable much at all.

Carlton is charismatic, he frequents many club and can't do it without being choosed to lead them. Carlton defends status and conventions for affective reasons, he's entirely lead by affective concerns and he've a considerable need of affection and condideration.
He's so an extroverted feeler, ESFJ or ENFJ, but if he's ESFJ, he's the more excentric, nerdy and unable to physical tasks that I ever seen, moreover, admitting Jazz is an ISTP, it should be a sort of relation of supervision or pedagogy between Jazz and Carlton if he's ESFJ, but nothing in this way, so Carlton is ENFJ.
And he've weaknesses in social relationships compared to Will, because he's trapped by his lack of spontaneity.