• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Star Trek Characters

KDude

It'd kind of hard seeing some of these as the same type. Picard almost seems natural with his diplomacy compared to Janeway. His personality is diplomatic. She's more authoritarian, and only diplomatic to a point.

She's also like Kirk in some ways with her any means necessary attitude that comes out sometimes (Granted.. it could be just because Kirk's and Janeway's missions handle the unknown a little more. Picard and Sisko work in established political settings). She also makes some other ruthless decisions that other Captains would have wussed out on. Like the episode "Tuvix". Only Janeway could do that. Any other series and we would have lost those cast members. lol. The way she recruits Seven of Nine is kind of control freakish too. She doesn't mind stomping on people and assuming she can make better choices for them, for a greater good.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sisko -

What ever his type is he is not an ESTJ. His father was surely a one. But not him. No no. He was surely feeling based.
I guess all of us can agree on his J though.
And most of the episodes he struggles with making decisions due to his emotions getting in the way. So that suggests F.
And also his standards are internal based not external. That suggests I.
(And he emotionally bonds with his crew as opposed to socially bonding shown by Janeway.)
So for sisko I would believe IxFJ.

Yeah Sisko is most likely a INFJ, he's almost like a stereotypical one, with the prophet thing and all.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I :heart: Jon-Luc Picard. But who doesn't?

He is a quintessential, healthy INTJ in my estimation, and utilizes most of his functions pretty effectively. He likes to retire to his room and listen to and play fine music, a very introverted quality, imo. His is very loyal romantically as well, leaning toward asceticism. I see him as appreciating equality in his relationships, not domineering at all, as I perceive (and know) entjs would more likely be.

Jon Luc Picard - ENTJ

everyone of you have labeled him as a INTJ. care to explain?

these are the reasons why i think he is an ENTJ -

(1)
most people think he is an INTJ is i think because he is extremely private about his emotions, thoughts etc. much like a INTJ. but the thing is he is the captain of the ship. he has to be a bit more private than the rest of the crew. captain of any army, navy, air force or even star fleet in this world is expected remain a bit private and hidden about themselves. which is exactly why i think he hides a part of him. which come of as INTJ to many observers.

He holds himself back a bit. It's unconscious. And I believe this is a dom Ni trait--holding back a bit (and allowing Ni to do it's thing). His body language is reserved.

(2)
and mind you extreme T dominant(dependent) ENTJ are like INTJ. total suppression of feelings is common. and i think Picard is one of them.

He isn't Te dom though, because Te doms are pretty sure they are always right (until proven otherwise, which is nearly impossible :laugh: ) and others are wrong. Picard always gets the input of his team, and is very open to alternative suggestions, hardly arguing at all when new, better ideas are put forth.

(3)
another point to be made is Picards younger self. in the episode the Tapestry flashbacks of his youth are shown to him by Q. and he very much acts like a ENTJ in him youth.

Don't know about that. Link?

(4)
and Picard himself admits that he made a lot of mistakes in his youth. ENTJ with a well developed tertiary Se and an Underdeveloped Ni acts a lot on their impulses. especially when they are YOUNG and when they are having fun. i think Picard is one of the best examples of this.

Meh, who doesn't make a lot of mistakes in their youth?

(5)
and i think Ni which is secondary to ENTJs develop with maturity. meanwhile because of the lack of Ni they will be inclined to use their Se which is tertiary but easier to use for such individuals.

Who says it's tertiary? I could see his function line-up being this: Ni-Si/Te/Fe :smile:

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
Sisko -

What ever his type is he is not an ESTJ. His father was surely a one. But not him. No no. He was surely feeling based.
I guess all of us can agree on his J though.
And most of the episodes he struggles with making decisions due to his emotions getting in the way. So that suggests F.
And also his standards are internal based not external. That suggests I.
(And he emotionally bonds with his crew as opposed to socially bonding shown by Janeway.)
So for sisko I would believe IxFJ.

Yeah Sisko is most likely a INFJ, he's almost like a stereotypical one, with the prophet thing and all.

Typing fictional characters, of course, is a hazardous exercise. As they are not real, with no real psychic forces inside, they may not always be as consistent in their behavior as us real people. Especially in a TV series that spans many episodes over seven seasons written by different writers.

That said, I think Sisko is ESTJ because I see him consistently display very ESTJ-ish behavior. Your own milage may vary, but here are some of my reasons. Each one individually may not be persuasive, but consider the weight and number of them all together:

• The prophet thing was something that was imposed upon him by alien beings ... indeed, he's half alien himself. Unlike say, Chakotay (INFJ), he never had religion as a factor in his life until then. Note too that Chakotay's always trying to understand other crew members' point of view. For him empathy comes first. The prophet thing is something Sisko struggles with because spirituality doesn't come easily to him. It takes him a long time to accept the role, which is in open conflict with his Starfleet role, a traditional, externally derived role he is much more comfortable with.

• How many times does Sisko explode in anger and say stuff like, "I don't give a damn (insert blank)." Pretty often. He has absolutely no hesitation setting forth relationships on the basis of hierarchy and top dog parameters. He's very comfortable with his authority, which he doesn't hesitate to wield like club. He's easily the most militaristic of the captains, even before the war starts. Other good scenes are when the senior staff are exchanging gossip and Sisko bellows at them to get back to work. I remember that happening several times, and it's very ESTJ-ish. I also recall a few times where someone says to him, meekishly, "Captain, I wrong wrong," and Sisko blurts out, "Damn right you were wrong!" He really rubs it in sometimes, which is super ESTJ-ish. Compare to INFJ handholding and empathic masochism. Remember when Chakotay finds out he'd eaten soup that Seska stole from Neelix? IIRC, he grounds everyone involved—including himself!

• Intuition? All his pastimes are very hands-on sensor based activities. Baseball. Cooking. Solar sailing even to the point of constructing the ship himself.

• Then there's his long-standing rivalry with Solok. Sisko pretty much hates the guy. What would Chakotay do? He'd try talking over his differences with Solok. Remember the ball-game episode? I can't see Chakotay taking the bait out of pride and anger like Sisko did. INFJ seems more likely to say something psychologically insightful and then turn down Solok's challenge. But ESTJ just can't resist taking it up. Further in that episode—anybody remember when Sisko benches Nog on account of Nog's athletic ineptitude? Would Chakotay (INFJ) hurt the feelings of a friend over a stupid game who's stakes are mere pride? Sisko eventually realized he was wrong to bench Nog, but it took him a while to realize he was wrong, didn't it? His first reaction to Nog's ineptitude was anger, and a bullying anger at that.

• There was the way he first approached his first wife. He just walked right up to her and announced she was the woman he was going to marry, as I recall. It was extremely brash and unsubtle. Very ESTJ. Compare to Chakotay's much more sophisticated courtship of Seven in Voyager's final season.

• First episode: his anger at Picard. INFJ, one of the most empathic types, would be the first to understand that Locutus was not Picard. Would Chakotay blame Picard for Locutus' actions? I can't see it. But Sisko carries the anger with him for years. It seems very ESTJ-like to me.

KDude

I think Chakotay is ISFJ. What makes you think INFJ? As far as other Voyager character go, I think Kes is more INFJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Any real entps in startrek are Q, Tom Paris and Charles "Trip" Tucker. Tho Trip could be an enfp as well.

KDude

Any real entps in startrek are Q, Tom Paris and Charles "Trip" Tucker. Tho Trip could be an enfp as well.

I don't remember that much about Trip. Paris just seems like a hands-on rather than conceptual thinker. He doesn't propose many ideas or theorize anything. The only experiments he initiates is when he wants to be the test pilot for some new warp engine or rebuilding an old pickup truck. He's pretty down to earth and seems content with a lot of things. Unlike a character like Q, who lives for experimenting and seeing things in new ways.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But Paris constructs the delta flyer all on his own and in the episode "year of hell" he has the idea to construct bulkheads for the ship. I dunno if you always have to be batshit crazy to count as entp

KDude

But Paris constructs the delta flyer all on his own and in the episode "year of hell" he has the idea to construct bulkheads for the ship. I dunno if you always have to be batshit crazy to count as entp

I don't think you have to be crazy at all. Heh. Q is a unique case, and probably not typical. All Q are bored and probably already experimented with almost everything...leaving the things left for them to do to be questionable.

redacted

TNG

Picard : INTJ
Riker: ESTP
Data: INTP
Geordi: ESFP
Beverly Crusher: ISFJ
Troi: ENFP
Worf: ISTJ
Guinan: INFJ
Wesley Crusher: ENFJ
Q: ENTP

edit: not so sure about Geordi

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Spock: ENFP
Kirk: ISFJ
Khan: ESFP
Bones: INTP
Uhura: ENTP
Sulu: ENTP
Scotty: INFP
Chekov: INTJ

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
My husband is an INTJ. If I remember correctly, he is a 1w9. I am mostly an INTP. I'm not sure whether we are an exception to a commonality or the rumor is wrong, but we get along pretty well.
I never get the thing that they say INTJs are difficult to get along with INTPs, neither I do understand the myth that INTJs get along well with ESFJs. Personally, an INTP seems like a person I would like to talk to, while communication with ESFJs wears me off.

Last edited:

Jinn

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Spock: ENFP
Kirk: ISFJ
Khan: ESFP
Bones: INTP
Uhura: ENTP
Sulu: ENTP