• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Author Type List

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Haha, look at all the INFP's and INFJ's up there vs. ISTJ's. I for one was horrible in English class.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFPs are probably the best writers on the whole of all types. Similarly, a scientist list would be dominated by INTx.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Another INFP for your list: Bret Easton Ellis

INFPs are probably the best writers on the whole of all types. Similarly, a scientist list would be dominated by INTx.

Yes, if in doubt you can always toss INFP in the hat for any fiction writer and the odds of being right are better than for any other type.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Another INFP for your list: Bret Easton Ellis

Yes, if in doubt you can always toss INFP in the hat for any fiction writer and the odds of being right are better than for any other type.

^ Maybe so, but I have already listed Bret as an INFJ based on his Charlie Rose interviews and a few others, as well as his writing.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
^ Maybe so, but I have already listed Bret as an INFJ based on his Charlie Rose interviews and a few others, as well as his writing.

I’m not positive, but I was judging by interviews I remembered reading, where he came across as more P. And by function theory, Fi/INFP; there seems to be a lot of Fi nausea in his views about the shallowness of the upper class realms of our culture. If you know the Enneagram, you could say that he’s a strong critic of type 3, the type that focuses most on image and status, which is arguably the main type or one of the main types of US culture.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I’m not positive, but I was judging by interviews I remembered reading, where he came across as more P. And by function theory, Fi/INFP; there seems to be a lot of Fi nausea in his views about the shallowness of the upper class realms of our culture. If you know the Enneagram, you could say that he’s a strong critic of type 3, the type that focuses most on image and status, which is arguably the main type or one of the main types of US culture.

Aw shucks. I need a second opinion on him.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type suggestions welcome:

W Somerset Maugham

I read The Razor's Edge and Of Human Bondage. Enjoyed both very much.

I'm inclined to type him as INFJ, but would be curious to hear what others might think who are familiar with his writings.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
A few more

Stephen King INFP
Steven Erikson INTJ
Dan Simmons INTJ
HP Lovecraft INTJ

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A few more

Stephen King INFP
Steven Erikson INTJ
Dan Simmons INTJ
HP Lovecraft INTJ

Stephen is generally agreed upon as being INxP.

Not familiar with the bios/works of the others, but if someone else would back up your views then I would quite happily post them on the list :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dan Simmons INTJ

I think Ni dominant. I don't think INFJ is out of the question, as character development in his books is relatively rich and not as 1-dimensional as some other sci-fi books (and I believe the lead female character in books 3 and 4, Aenea, is an xNFJ, and thought he did a good job developing her character. Same went for Endymion - ExTP). Also, just looked at a brief bio -- appears he got a B.A. in English, got a masters in education, and worked in elementary ed for a number of years.

Career path doesn't seem typical of INTJ, but since I'm not a fan of pigeonholing types by career, maybe it doesn't say much in the end. Sci-fi is probably a more typical genre for NT's anyway, as opposed to NF's, so INTJ seems reasonable. Don't really have a problem with it.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ray Bradbury - ENTP - " jump off a cliff and build your wings on the way down "
Ti = hands-on learning + Ne shaking things up

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think Ni dominant. I don't think INFJ is out of the question, as character development in his books is relatively rich and not as 1-dimensional as some other sci-fi books (and I believe the lead female character in books 3 and 4, Aenea, is an xNFJ, and thought he did a good job developing her character. Same went for Endymion - ExTP). Also, just looked at a brief bio -- appears he got a B.A. in English, got a masters in education, and worked in elementary ed for a number of years.

Career path doesn't seem typical of INTJ, but since I'm not a fan of pigeonholing types by career, maybe it doesn't say much in the end. Sci-fi is probably a more typical genre for NT's anyway, as opposed to NF's, so INTJ seems reasonable. Don't really have a problem with it.

Hmm. INxJ for now...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Probably INTP, I mean the guy invented a language. It doesn't get much more involved and useless.