• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Author Type List

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
James Joyce is apparently an enneagram 5. This being said, I'm not sure if INFP is as plausible. Maybe ENFP 5w6 soc/sx ? I suppose there are probably enneagram 5 INFPs out there, though a rarity.

Joyce is INFJ. Ni dom, certainly. Enneagram 5w4 makes more sense than 5w6.

ENFP 5w6? I don't think I've ever seen one of those. I would think ENFP 5s are more rare than INFP 5s.

Some additions:

Thomas Wolfe - ENFJ?

What type is Celine? INTx?

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you please elaborate why you think Zadie Smith's an INFP? Through her writings, I notice a strong Thinking function to her and would peg her either as INTP or INTJ.

I'm curious to know.

yeah, zadie smith definitely isn't an INFP. my bet's on some kind of INXJ, actually

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sad that there are so few GOOD and interesting writers reliably typed as INFP. the only surefire one that springs to mind is proust

Bunnyblueblevins

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
2w1
I can't say I've read any of his works, but apparently George Bernard Shaw was ENTJ.

Thomas Hardy is apparently an SJ.

George Bernard Shaw is an ENTP not and ENTJ. From reading his works you can tell that he immensely enjoys intellectual debates. Here are a few quotes by him. "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." "My way of joking is to tell the truth. It's the funniest joke in the world." "The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." "He knows nothing; and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career."

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The last two times in memory that someone's writing style reminded me of a type, nonfiction and a bit random maybe:

Barry Lopez - Naturalist-y author - Arctic Dreams - INFJ
Neel Burton - Oxford Psychiatrist - Hide and Seek - ISTP

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A couple I can name off the top of my head:
J.K Rowling INFJ
H.P Lovecraft INFP
Veronica Roth ISFJ
Douglass Adams ENTP

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics types of some authors, since I think more in terms of socionics than MBTI, personally. Most of them I've read, not necessarily extensively but enough to get an idea of their type.

Shakespeare : Fe-IEI
Lovecraft : Ne-LII
A.C. Clarke : LIE
Nietzsche : Ni-ILI
Aleister Crowley : SLE
Ayn Rand : Se-LSI
Carlos Castaneda : LIE
C.A. Smith : Ni-EIE
Anton Lavey : Ni-EIE
Mary Shelley : IEI
Bram Stoker : LII
Plato : EII
Baudelaire : Ni-IEI
Descartes : LII
Ron Paul : Ni-ILI

abigail_hobbs

MBTI Type
INTP
A couple I can name off the top of my head:
J.K Rowling INFJ
H.P Lovecraft INFP
Veronica Roth ISFJ
Douglass Adams ENTP

i don't know much about hp lovecraft except i read a whisper in the darkness but on a kindof superficial basis i would say he is an intj, just bc he was asexual and prob. an aspie. i think he was too contemptuous to be an nf (not in relation to his autistic traits, just bc he was kindof misanthropic anyway)
i agree with u on all the others, not that it matters

abigail_hobbs

MBTI Type
INTP
also i type john betjeman as a rly big enfp (or a secret introvert) and don't rly see kurt vonnegutt as a thinker.

gk chesterton- entp
ray bradbury- infp
pg wodehouse- esfj
dennis wheatley- entj