• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George W Bush

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
As far as I know Bush is an ESTP.

Se,Ti,Fe,Ni
(if we presume that function models are correct)

He looks a way to lost and childlish to be a J. So I think that if he looks J that is mostly because of has has to look like J.

+1

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think he is an ESTP too.

He wasn't too concerned about being facetious and making an ass out of himself (mugging for the camera, etc)

An ESxJ President would be mortified of that.

Maybe, but he might also be aware that outwardly showing a sense of humor about it would boost his public image.

Did you see his at the 2006 White House Press Correspondents' Dinner during Colbert's speech? He didn't smile once.

His authoritarian, absolutist leanings and language choice, his sense of duty to do God's will, etc...all of it seems pretty SJ to me.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe, but he might also be aware that outwardly showing a sense of humor about it would boost his public image.

Nah, SJ President is serious business. It's one thing to say a friendly joke to lube up the crowd, and another one to act like a clown.

Bush-door-idiot.jpg

Did you see his at the 2006 White House Press Correspondents' Dinner during Colbert's speech? He didn't smile once.

Didn't see it. But Colbert is a "left wing" comedian, so perhaps he felt it was hostile humor.

His authoritarian, absolutist leanings and language choice, his sense of duty to do God's will, etc...all of it seems pretty SJ to me.

He is a reformed addict. Often reformed substance abusers find themselves another addiction - religion.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmmm, you make a good case.

I guess SPs can be authoritarian, too--and I imagine an SJ president would likely have a little more respect for that pesky little rule about congressional approval for waging warfare. ESTP does fit the rogue cowboy comparisons he gets.

Ok, you've convinced me he's ESTP.

McCain is ESTP too, correct?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmmm, you make a good case.

I guess SPs can be authoritarian, too--and I imagine an SJ president would likely have a little more respect for that pesky little rule about congressional approval for waging warfare. ESTP does fit the rogue cowboy comparisons he gets.

Ok, you've convinced me he's ESTP.

McCain is ESTP too, correct?

Yeah, I think so.

That's one of the reasons why I decided to vote for Obama. I figured it's better to have a non-ESTP mend ESTP fuck ups. That and Palin pick sealed the deal. ESFJs soccer moms do enough damage with SUVs. I'd hate to see what one can do with a nuclear arsenal.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think so.

That's one of the reasons why I decided to vote for Obama. I figured it's better to have a non-ESTP mend ESTP fuck ups. That and Palin pick sealed the deal. ESFJs soccer moms do enough damage with SUVs. I'd hate to see what one can do with a nuclear arsenal.

Yeah I ended up voting Obama, but was only slightly in favor of him.

Palin kind of made up my mind for me, too.

What's your analysis on Obama, btw?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I ended up voting Obama, but was only slightly in favor of him.

Palin kind of made up my mind for me, too.

What's your analysis on Obama, btw?

Obama is an ENFJ, and that whole "cult personality" vibe about him during the election was very unsettling for me.

But he is brilliant, I'll give him that. Any person who can fuck over Hillary so gracefully deserves my respect.

Speaking of Hillary. That woman is an abomination - an INTJ with no vision aside from a drive to be in power. I am so fucking glad she will never become President.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Obama is an ENFJ, and that whole "cult personality" vibe about him during the election was very unsettling for me.

But he is brilliant, I'll give him that. Any person who can fuck over Hillary so gracefully deserves my respect.

Speaking of Hillary. That woman is an abomination - an INTJ with no vision aside from a drive to be in power. I am so fucking glad she will never become President.

Really? I got an ISTJ vibe from her. She's reportedly pretty traditional in her personal life.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really? I got an ISTJ vibe from her. She's reportedly pretty traditional in her personal life.

Yeah, that's her smoke screen bullshit - a traditional woman with family values, who stayed with her cheating husband for the sake of preserving her marriage, and NOT because Bill was her ticket to Presidency. No sir.

She is a total INTJ. An extreme long term planner. She was planning her ascension to power before Bill left the office. She carpet bagged a democratic state when the country was feeling sympathy for her "domestic plight" and then she sold off her NY house as soon as she got into Senate and moved to DC. As a senator, she took no strong stance on anything, unless it was a populist cause of the day. She figured the best strategy is to stay as neutral as possible, while riding off the Clinton name. And all that time she was building up her campaign war chest, and showed up to the election with the biggest stash. But then she opened her mouth and the country was reminded that she is a frigid bitch with no soul.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
If it feels good, do it. You got a problem, blame somebody else.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think that he is ISTP,
but shames other Ti'ers everywhere.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think ESTP. I've been debating the J/P thing for a while, but I just don't see an ESTJ personality in him, nor do I see ESFJ. I think he has some element of Fe, and he's definitely an extrovert. Sensing seems to be high for him as well... Still go with ESTP.

I don't think she's ISTJ, I think she's more INTJ than anything.

McCain - not too sure, don't know his personality as well. All I can get is ST.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9

obama is ENFP.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
As for John McCain, I don't think he is an extrovert. I agree with SP, but ISP. This blog makes a good case for ISFP, but I think ISTP is a solid possibility as well. Introverted feeling seems to be a conscious function for him, and behind the scenes seems to be his interaction style, not chart the course. He's right in the middle of things behind the scenes, screwing things up for the Republican Party with his maverick ways, but looking awkward and unplanned when he tried to make a big public splash on the economy-front last fall. That's not his way, as befits an introvert. But he's not the type to set back and work things out either, he's always in the thick of things. I like the ISFP possibility for him actually.

I also don't think Obama is an ENFJ. I think people project onto Obama a lot of traits he doesn't have, just like a consummate politician. I think he writes good speeches that use a lot of concrete language and examples and sound true to life, but they aren't the transcendant Ni speeches of an ENFJ (and he's not a good public speaker, he stumbles around a lot without his teleprompter, and sometimes with it).

I think Obama is a dominant perceiving type, not judging. He's open and presents his perceptiveness to the world, and that allows people to project their own hopes and dreams onto him. That blog makes a case for ESFP, Keirsey thinks INTJ (dominant Ni) or ENTP (dominant Ne). ENFJs are dominant feeling and I don't think that's Obama.

Please read the text of his keynote address to the Democratic Convention in 2004 (back before he was famous, lol). It is full of details, a down-home concrete story-telling style. It displays a real way with words, the way they sound and work together. Very much like Franklin Roosevelt, who was an SP. I think he displays a real artfulness with regard to language and rhetoric, but what I don't see is a lot of profound ideas. His speech is grounded in common reality and shared experiences, which is the domain of extraverted sensing. It seems that whenever Obama uses phrases that go beyond this, they are the words of someone else (something his mamma said, or something Lincoln said).

On the other hand, Keirsey says his books are the only things that came from his own mind, unlike the speeches. And that is why Keirsey says NT. I don't know, but I just don't think he is an ENFJ or any kind of NF actually.

Nelson Mandela is an ENFJ. His 1994 inauguration speech is all about time (the domain of Ni), the future, building a bridge and bringing South Africa forward with the force of his vision. His "the struggle is my life" statement from the 60s is an even stronger example of an ENFJ speech. He invents epic phrases rather than recalling the wise words of others.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I concede to the fact that McCain can be an ISTP. But no way an ISFP. That guy is not a feeler. He has that typical STP "bad ass" swagger about him - mannerism, attitude, and even that trademark STP-temper.

Unique

George W is ESTP, the most stupid ESTP alive (maybe?) but an ESTP none the less

Cinnamon Sugar

MBTI Type
INFP
ESXP. Definitely. I've read a lot about his life (especially pre-politics) and am absolutely certain that he's an extraverted SP. Haven't been able to pinpoint whether he's a feeler or thinker, though.

heart

heart on fire
That woman is an abomination - an INTJ with no vision aside from a drive to be in power.

Is this different from any other politican, left or right?

I think it's really hard to type politicans, they all have their fake personas for the campaign.

I always thought Bush II seemed SFP in the way his private life played out, at least what we can know of it.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
George W is ESTP, the most stupid ESTP alive (maybe?) but an ESTP none the less

Not even close to the "most stupid." Probably the most effective executive the Texas Rangers had, and one of the most effective (and well-liked) governors that Texas has ever had, and elected twice as president of the United States.

And in case anyone wants to accuse me of being partisan, I would also point out how silly it was if anyone tried to say Bill Clinton is stupid too. There's a reason these guys get to positions of power, and it ain't all luck.

As for his type, I think SP, but the E/I and T/F are hard to figure with him.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think Bush is an ESTP as well.

I think we can all agree that he is a moron.

Nukular my ass.