• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Julia Roberts is an INFP? I'm sure I am biased because I am INFP & cannot stand her, but what's the evidence?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ani DiFranco - INFP ?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
julia roberts = Zeljko Ivanek =?= John Malkovich

i see a lot of ENTP in her. the cat eyes (john mostly, julia a little) are slightly of what i know from entp but i have seen such odd mirror aspects between Fi types and entp before.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i think he is more on the T side: mbti-intj (NiTe) like lisa edelstein and tim roth (socionics intp). sure he is soft and all but these emotional qualities don't have to be touched/emphasized by functions. but he is self-contained and directive in a way, that i don't see working with what i understand as secondary Fe.

random images that come to mind:
ryan:
ryan%20gosling%20in%20remember%20the%20titans.jpg

guy from stargate movie:
2009-04-02_155204.jpg

forgotten her name:
Rage_04.jpg

add ben browder maybe, and why not batman??

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
nanook

Jaye Davidson (guy from stargate movie) INFP

> forgotten her name:

maybe Rose Byrne, if so, - INFP

nanook

a scream in a vortex
how do you conclude that? you see them as Fi or as dichotomy perceivers? or take it from a source?

(i don really see any Fi (not sure though), but that (Fe) would make them perceivers in my book, if they are I)

name of rose byrne is correct. it's certainly easier to see her on the F side of things. women ...

to be honest to my self: i can probably see all of them (byrne, edelstein, gosling, roth, browder) having Ne. i cant really see Fi though. i cant dismiss enfj and entp. so fucking confusing. i was planing a day without breaking my head about this stuff.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
how do you conclude that?

"Image method" - intuitive impressions from their non-verbal behavior in movies. I simply feel in them qualities that are associated with type, qualities that are in descriptions of preferences, functions and types, plus my own feelings - for. example sympathy/antipathy. I sum all such impressions relating to these qualities - if impressions relating to one pole rather dominate upon qualities relating to opposite pole (for ex - S or N), then I am sure that man's type relate to this pole.

you see them as Fi or as dichotomy perceivers?

I analyse all - preferences, functions, where functions are, specific type-related qualities, and how men with concrete type effect to me.

I use Jung's function model, where INFP has Ni and Fe by first functions. And use different description of functions than some MBT authors may use. My understanding of functions and preferences include Jung's and Augustinavichute's theories (understanding of preferences is the same in essence as by MBT).

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i guess my idea is that DN's list should be at least consistent. so as long as he and other here manage to correctly identify Fi people and list them as infp, i would be willing to argue that a specific Ni person should be listed as infj. and if so, Ti people should be listed as intp...

all the time i wonder what type of infp DN is ...*g*

Sol, apparently we agree about Ni for davidson and byrne.

do you agree that tim roth, lisa edelstein, ben browder, are the same?
or that they are Ni, even if they are different in F/T?

do you have an opinion about rufus sewell

what i notice is the banana shaped face that comes from a strong chin and mild cheekbones (gosling, mel gibson ...)... i associate that with PiTe, while those who i consider PiFe people look almost identical around the eyes but have a alien tri-angle face without dominant chin. but sometimes it's hart to tell which is which ...

two users around here, who match the dominant chin pattern, test as INTX

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
i guess my idea is that DN's list should be at least consistent. so as long as he and other here manage to correctly identify Fi people and list them as infp

Myers concentrated at preferences mostly, and badly researched and described functions. The main her job was in making good preferences test MBTI. Function's theory was secondary for her, and functions are described very shortly and indistinctly in popular MBT books (some of them have no functions' description at all). So the more men here used preferences but not MBT's function model, the more correct result they got. To be consistent and to use Myers' functional model is imposible because her model is wrong, and strongly controverts original Jung's theory, doing so without any convincing experimental and theoretical basis. If people here say that someone is INFP - that man must be INFP, but INFP have no Fi among first 2 functions according to Jung and according to experience of many people who use Jung's model, that is why I suppose these men either used wrong descriptions of functions/preferences or had contradictional propositions.

Some men (Lytov, Talanov) developed function/preferences tests and they got confirmation of Jung's model [these results still were not researched by independant people to aprove getting the same results, and these experiments were not perfect].

Summing up, besides MBT and Jung have different functional models, the versions of types designated by preferences must match, in principle, because the preferences are the same in both. How men got this 4 letters - is an other question, everyone of them could check preferences directly to understand is his model correct or wrong.

do you agree that tim roth, lisa edelstein, ben browder, are the same?

These people absent in my list. I need more to see them in movies or video-interviews, maybe then I'll get sure opinion about their type or some preferences/functions. According to look at photos: Roth seems N, Edelstein - E, Browder - E (main thoughts: ENTP, ESTP, ...).

do you have an opinion about rufus sewell

ESFP.
You may check my list for versions. Some other lists may have version for him too (here is a thread with link to collection of lists).

what i notice is the banana shaped face that comes from a strong chin and mild cheekbones (gosling, mel gibson ...)

Version for Gibson is ENTP, Ryan Gosling - INTP. But I do not use such signs for typing, only non-verbal behavior.

maliafee

I just watched Donnie Brasco last night...

May I suggest Johnny Depp as ISFJ? I think I've finally nailed him down. ;-)

I was also gonna suggest Al Pacino as INFJ but you already got him there...

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I just watched Donnie Brasco last night...

May I suggest Johnny Depp as ISFJ? I think I've finally nailed him down. ;-)

I was also gonna suggest Al Pacino as INFJ but you already got him there...

Why ISFJ?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.

maliafee

are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.

Bah, no. I've seen him in a bunch of things, of course. I just thought about the interviews I've seen, and what I've read about him (came to mind because I happened to be watching the film). I saw him on Jay Leno most notably and he acted JUST like my ISFJ boyfriend.

Additionally, I do V.I. usually extremely accurately, and he looks very ISFJ in his expressions. They have a very held back look, almost a stony wall to their look. The eyes do very unique things as well.

If you don't think it's possible to tell someone's type based on their features combined with expressions, I feel you're missing out on a fascinating aspect of type. ;-) But of course, that's not all I base my typing on.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Additionally, I do V.I. usually extremely accurately, and he looks very ISFJ in his expressions. They have a very held back look, almost a stony wall to their look. The eyes do very unique things as well.

If you don't think it's possible to tell someone's type based on their features combined with expressions, I feel you're missing out on a fascinating aspect of type. ;-) But of course, that's not all I base my typing on.

a) you don't have merit to prove what you said in the first paragraph. measure is empirical, and even when you say it's accurate, it could be for a million reasons that you get the same result. i know an ISFJ and he is nothing like you describe, and nothing like depp looks in at least 2 interviews. how would you explain that?

b) i know i have more success with determining a person's type through what they say, not how they act. let me tell you why: non-verbal communication, like verbal communication, is based upon how extrovert or introvert you are. if you are introvert, you'd be more passive in your body language than if you were extroverted. conversely, if you were extroverted, your body language would be more aggressive.

but that's the thing: body language only measures introvert/extrovert ratio. there's almost no way to tell whether a person is S or N purely from their body language. it gets especially hard when you try to decipher an introvert's entire type just by body language, since theirs is so much more passive. so yes, i would agree with you on the part that depp is introverted based entirely on his body language, but not more than that.

as an addendum, i see you're letting your S get the best of you by trying to explain things that you have little evidence for and judging other people on how they look on things. may i suggest you double check future posts to avoid further non-sequiturs?

maliafee

But I do want to respond to what you said by more than just expressing irritation at you trying to tell me what to do...

a) you don't have merit to prove what you said in the first paragraph. measure is empirical, and even when you say it's accurate, it could be for a million reasons that you get the same result. i know an ISFJ and he is nothing like you describe, and nothing like depp looks in at least 2 interviews. how would you explain that?

This isn't a science experiment or a philosophical argument. I don't have to have merit to prove everything I say. What I said was my opinion. What I would say to your friend being nothing like I describe, I would say you don't know the whole person 100%, nor are you picking up on the visual cues I am seeing. A person has to be extremely detail-oriented to pick up on a lot of what I notice about faces/expressions/people.

b) i know i have more success with determining a person's type through what they say, not how they act. let me tell you why: non-verbal communication, like verbal communication, is based upon how extrovert or introvert you are. if you are introvert, you'd be more passive in your body language than if you were extroverted. conversely, if you were extroverted, your body language would be more aggressive. but that's the thing: body language only measures introvert/extrovert ratio. there's almost no way to tell whether a person is S or N purely from their body language. it gets especially hard when you try to decipher an introvert's entire type just by body language, since theirs is so much more passive. so yes, i would agree with you on the part that depp is introverted based entirely on his body language, but not more than that.

I agree that you can tell E vs. I best through looks/expressions etc. However, I don't even think THAT is perfectly reliable. And that is why I do not only base my typing on looks...

as an addendum, i see you're letting your S get the best of you by trying to explain things that you have little evidence for and judging other people on how they look on things. may i suggest you double check future posts to avoid further non-sequiturs?

I see your "N" is your blind spot when it comes to observing people physically. No offense, but an "N" going up against an "S" in noticing details wouldn't be exactly credible. My mind is very changeable; I don't just judge someone and then feel the information I accumulate is then somehow written in stone from that point on. On the contrary, I take a first, second, third (and on) impression of someone and continuously gather information. I look at extremely subtle visual cues in all kinds of areas and couple the things I notice with what I know about how someone moves, talks, acts, and add those things to biographical information when I type, whenever possible.

By the way, telling people how to act only makes this site extremely annoying for the recipients of such "advice" and I'm really not into it.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Actually, I would suggest avoiding "suggesting" (a.k.a. ordering around) other people's behavior.

it's funny how what you just wrote is a hypocritical paradox. i can't help but try to fix broken things, but at least i don't make a fuss about it when people tell me differently.

also, i would love to see some argumentation from you here... it doesn't work for me to see claims without reason.

maliafee

it's funny how what you just wrote is a hypocritical paradox. i can't help but try to fix broken things, but at least i don't make a fuss about it when people tell me differently.

also, i would love to see some argumentation from you here... it doesn't work for me to see claims without reason.

I am aware that my statement contradicted itself because in it I was telling you what to do at the same time as I was telling you not to do that to me... I made the statement anyway because I felt like it was warranted. I really don't need you to snicker at me with a "Poor 'S'" attitude.

The argumentation is above.