• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yeah, Obama is one of those people everyone will see themselves in and thus believe he is their type or close to their type.

My information is based on what some websites were saying, I don't care if Obama is the same type as I am or not, I would rather have the correct information. A lot of websites say he's ENFP, I just have trouble believing he's a P, so I figured ENFJ might be a good estimate. He has the charisma and leadership qualities. To say he's your type just because you want him to be is pretty illogical.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, Obama is one of those people everyone will see themselves in and thus believe he is their type or close to their type.

Maaann, you wouldn't understand! Obama and I just relate to one another.

maliafee

I don't care if Obama is an ENTJ (my opposite). I am NOT typing him ISFP because I want to share my type with the man. I'm just saying what he VI's as. Not everyone thinks people of the same type share certain looks, so I understand if people don't buy what I'm saying. But he absolutely looks ISFP (and Brad Pitt/Benicio Del Toro LOOK ISTP, hint hint, nudge nudge). I'm not the only one saying this about Obama, either (others who specialize in VI that I've read online).

To respond to the he must be NF because he's very giving argument, ISFP's and ISFJ's are also extremely giving (as are many other types), so this isn't a good argument at all.

Barack Obama has stated that if a person is able to serve others, they ought to, and that's his motivation. ISFP's want to help, big time. They want to do tangible things to make a difference to those they care about (this includes humanity).

Also, look at how he's been acting since becoming President. He is tackling issues in a very Sensorish way, one by one. He is a major DOER (S). He likes to clarify details and explain things carefully (S).

Just because he also seems aware and understanding of the big picture does NOT make him an N.

He walks and moves like an S. Is adept at basketball (like my ISFP dad hehe).

His eyes move like an S.

ENFP's and ENFJ's (Bill Clinton is ENFP for instance) have their respective energies where you can just feel their all-encompassing outward energy/charisma. Barack's is quieter, more subdued. Then he flashes a dynamite smile. Very ISP, with his twinkling eyes. One gets a sense that he's a little bit jokester but keeps his seriousness together for everyone.

I believe there is a bias against SP types among many in the typology community. I wonder if those who are biased really think an SP could possibly be an Obama. But don't forget that we can be just as intelligent and capable as y'all N's (in your hearts you don't believe this, right? [speaking to those who doubt SP's only here]). Barack is mature and intelligent and ISFP.

This is my general argument. Take it for whatever it is worth. :D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Obama is an ENTP. Just leave it at that and continue typing others.

maliafee

Obama is an ENTP. Just leave it at that and continue typing others.

*chuckles wildly*

I've made my argument so there is nothing more I need say. Anyone else can think anything they want about his type. I think it's terrific.

P.S. I will drop it now, just for you TheChosenOne. :wubbie:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My information is based on what some websites were saying, I don't care if Obama is the same type as I am or not, I would rather have the correct information. A lot of websites say he's ENFP, I just have trouble believing he's a P, so I figured ENFJ might be a good estimate. He has the charisma and leadership qualities. To say he's your type just because you want him to be is pretty illogical.

I wasn't saying you necessarily. But even if one does a search on google one will come up with nearly all 16 types. I didn't say others are saying he is their type just because they want him to be, but because they can relate to him. Or they think he is like someone they know of this type.

[Btw, I agree with your typing ;)]

I don't care if Obama is an ENTJ (my opposite). I am NOT typing him ISFP because I want to share my type with the man. I'm just saying what he VI's as.

Are you typing him/others on VI alone?

maliafee

Are you typing him/others on VI alone?

Nope. As you can see by my explanation of why I think he's ISFP (I said I'd drop this dangit... whoops), I'm typing him based on over-all evidence. But VI is often very accurate. Then again, I believe it very important to consider a whole person in attempting to type legitimately, as well.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. As you can see by my explanation of why I think he's ISFP (I said I'd drop this dangit... whoops), I'm typing him based on over-all evidence. But VI is often very accurate. Then again, I believe it very important to consider a whole person in attempting to type legitimately, as well.

Okay.

He's not going on the list, whatever he is.

:laugh:

I love you dyna!

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have come to the conclusion that no one can be 100% sure what type Obama is without him actually taking the test. It's certainly possible he could be an ISFP, or ENTJ, or most types.

Most of the websites I've seen list Barack Obama as an ENFP. I'm not saying that this is 100% true, but we don't know for sure that he is any type. I simply suggested that if he is in fact ENF, as a lot of sources seem to state, that I would see him as more of a judging type because his life is very well-structured, which is common of that personality trait. But, there are P's who live structured lives as well.

If it's your opinion he's ISFP, that's fine, I enjoy speculating types with people and I realize we will often come to different conclusions. As long as everyone remembers we're brainstorming and it's fun, then everything should be cool. Some people might be anti SPs, and that's unfortunate. For the record, though, I am not one of those people, in fact the lady in my life is an SP. Anyway, I am not going to discuss Obama's type anymore, it's disrupting this thread. Let's talk about someone else now...

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I almost fear that my job here is done. I mean, almost all the biggies (celebs) have been typed with little (or no) contention by now. Sure, there will always be a few who slip through the net (Bowie, Mel Gibson spring to mind) but I think an impressive list has been compiled.

Well done and thank you to everyone who has helped me in compiling it!

Latest list is currently here btw: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...12424-dn-s-celebrity-type-list-merged-44.html

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I almost fear that my job here is done. I mean, almost all the biggies (celebs) have been typed with little (or no) contention by now. Sure, there will always be a few who slip through the net (Bowie, Mel Gibson spring to mind) but I think an impressive list has been compiled.

Nooooo... your job is never done, DN. You're great at this.

*chuckles wildly*

I've made my argument so there is nothing more I need say. Anyone else can think anything they want about his type. I think it's terrific.

P.S. I will drop it now, just for you TheChosenOne. :wubbie:

Haha thanks.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How about these?

Tim Robbins
Kal Penn
Kevin James
Martin Lawrence
Charlie Sheen
Wynton Marsalis
Larry the Cable Guy
Morgan Freeman
Billy Joel
George Lopez
Vivica Fox

Fictional characters:

daffy duck
Laura Winslow from Family Matters
Kyle Broflovski from South Park
Ray Kinsella, Field of dreams
Screech Powers, Saved By the Bell

Strange list, I know. But I'm curious about these at the moment.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Here are my personal guesses...They have no proof or anything, just my own take...

Tim Robbins - INTJ
Kal Penn - INTP???
Kevin James - ESTP
Martin Lawrence - ENFP
Charlie Sheen - ESTP
Wynton Marsalis - INFJ
Larry the Cable Guy - ESTP?
Morgan Freeman - INFP, or ISFP
Billy Joel - ISFP
George Lopez - ENFJ
Vivica Fox - ISFP?

daffy duck - ENTJ
Laura Winslow from Family Matters - ESFJ, or ISFJ
Kyle Broflovski from South Park - XNTJ
Ray Kinsella, Field of dreams - INFP
Screech Powers, Saved By the Bell - ENFP

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here are my personal guesses...They have no proof or anything, just my own take...

Tim Robbins - INTJ
Kal Penn - INTP???
Kevin James - ESTP
Martin Lawrence - ENFP
Charlie Sheen - ESTP
Wynton Marsalis - INFJ
Larry the Cable Guy - ESTP?
Morgan Freeman - INFP, or ISFP
Billy Joel - ISFP
George Lopez - ENFJ
Vivica Fox - ISFP?

daffy duck - ENTJ
Laura Winslow from Family Matters - ESFJ, or ISFJ
Kyle Broflovski from South Park - XNTJ
Ray Kinsella, Field of dreams - INFP
Screech Powers, Saved By the Bell - ENFP

No fictional characters for the list. As for the only one I'm familiar with, Morgan Freeman, I'd wager xNFJ, however the older the person is, the harder they are to type as everyone tends towards xxxx as they age and their inferior functions develop. I'm not familiar with him as a younger man, so it's hard to say. (Daffy Duck as an ENTJ for sure though!)

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If it helps for typing Mel Gibson, he lists his favourite book as being Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, an ENTP. However the book seems to me to appeal to INFJs?

Also, Jeff Bridges: ESTP?

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Jeff Bridges: ESTP?

I suppose no, but I had some unsured versions: ISTP, ISFJ, ...

dynamiteninja, you should make the web page with your list somewhere in Internet (there should be some good & free hostings). Placing such work only in forum is not serious. The page will give an opportunity to place additional info, maybe photo gallery, counter of hits, etc

Lightyear

Whoa, how is Tori Amos an INFJ? No way. I've been listening to the woman since I was literally 12, and she's a bona fide ENFP. Her extroversion isn't extremely apparent in some of her interviews (which, by the way, 90% of the time she comes across as annoying and subtly condescending as hell and makes me regret liking her ;)), but she absolutely feeds off others. Have you seen her live? She's one of the few musicians to do unpaid meet-and-greets before every single concert.

As a sidenote, I'm so disappointed that her music has been so disappointing since she had a kid and stopped working with her long-time guitarist (i.e. ten years ago). I used to get so pumped for her new releases, but not so much anymore.

Ditto. I have also listened to her since I was 12, this woman is not an INFJ. Especially during her concerts in the 90s she would just let her emotions hang out there for everyone to see, something that is very un-INFJ. Also especially when she was younger she loved to shock people, she would say and do the things on the outside that an INFJ would think about on the inside. I would also go with ENFP. Just look at this video about the making of one of her albums in 1996. The way she talks is Ne pure. (her fans call it "Tori talk") The only other celebrity I can think of at the moment who talks like this is Robert Downey Jr and he is an ENFP.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7pP7M7KqAc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7pP7M7KqAc[/YOUTUBE]

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

See also:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/12981-dn-s-dead-celebrity-list.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/13803-dn-s-director-type-list.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/13672-dn-s-author-type-list-iii.html

ESTJ
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Courtney Cox

ESTP
Scarlett Johansson
Meat Loaf
Jack Nicholson
Bruce Willis
Hugh Hefner
Axl Rose
Charlize Theron
Mickey Rourke
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Lily Allen
Madonna
Ryan Reynolds
Jessica Alba
Joss Stone

ESFJ
Salma Hayek
Rene Zellweger
Jennifer Aniston
Kate Beckinsale
Halle Berry
Keira Knightley
Danny Glover
Adrien Brody
Greg Kinnear

ESFP
Cameron Diaz
Lindsay Lohan
Jack Black
Heather Graham
Justin Timberlake
Eva Longoria
Sienna Miller
Brittany Murphy
Leonardo DiCaprio
Paul McCartney
Pink
Elton John
Tom Jones
Will Ferrell
Colin Farrell
Hugh Jackman
John C Reilly

ISFP
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Pierce Brosnan
Robert DeNiro
Ozzy Osbourne
Jon Bon Jovi
Barbara Streisand
Eric Clapton
Christina Aguilera
Richard Branson
Prince
Tom Waits
Rihanna
Sarah Chalke
Neil Young
Tom Petty
Janet Jackson
Anne Hathaway

ISFJ
Michael Caine
Beyonce Knowles
Kurt Russell
Jim Broadbent
John Travolta
Vin Diesel

ISTP
Christian Bale
Clint Eastwood
Russell Crowe
Daniel Craig
Tom Cruise
Christopher Walken
Jeremy Irons
Jessica Biel
Billy Bob Thornton
Kevin Spacey
Rowan Atkinson
P J Harvey
Benicio del Toro
Brad Pitt

ISTJ
Anthony Hopkins
Bruce Springsteen
50 Cent
Chuck Norris
Catherine Zeta-Jones

INTJ
Cate Blanchett
Jodie Foster
Clive Owen
John Malkovich
Patrick Stewart
Whoopi Goldberg
Eminem
Trent Reznor
Jay-Z
Rivers Cuomo

INTP
Dustin Hoffman
Maty-Kate Olsen
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Woody Allen
Isaac Brock

INFP
Julia Roberts
Neil Diamond
Winona Ryder
Gwyneth Paltrow
Helena Bonham Carter
Simon Pegg
Tobey Maguire
Nick Cave
Stephen Colbert
Brian Molko
Bjork
Sarah McLachlan
Sean Penn
Daniel Day-Lewis
Joseph Fiennes
Claire Danes
Tim Roth
Julianne Moore
Leonard Cohen
James McAvoy
Kate Bush
Nicole Kidman
Adam Sandler
James Blunt
Robert Smith

INFJ
Evangeline Lilly
Jennifer Connelly
Feist
Edward Norton
Thandie Newton
Al Pacino
Ralph Fiennes
Liam Neeson
Richard Gere
Naomi Watts
Thom Yorke
Larry David
Ben Kingsley
Tilda Swinton
Calista Flockhart
Bob Dylan
Katie Holmes
Mischa Barton
Morrissey

ENFJ
Bono
Ben Stiller
Rachel Weisz
Sean Connery
Dick Van Dyke
Angelina Jolie
Tommy Lee Jones
Morgan Freeman
Ethan Hawke
Reese Witherspoon
Samuel L Jackson
Nicolas Cage
Natalie Portman
Stephen Fry
Ben Affleck
Kate Winslet
Marilyn Manson
Tupac Shakur

ENFP
Ewan McGregor
Robin Williams
Alicia Silverstone
Penelope Cruz
Michael Moore
Nelly Furtado
Robert Downey Jr.
Sandra Bullock
Meg Ryan
Jude Law
Will Smith
Drew Barrymore
Jake Gyllenhaal
Martin Sheen
James McAvoy
Gwen Stefani
Tom DeLonge
Emma Thompson
Dave Grohl
Kanye West
Ryan Adams
Lionel Ritchie
Michael Sheen
Billy Connolly
Tori Amos
Jennifer Lopez
Uma Thurman

ENTP
Tom Hanks
Jon Stewart
Bruce Dickinson
Jeremy Clarkson
Matthew Perry
Sacha Baron Cohen
Hugh Laurie
Ricky Gervais
Sarah Silverman
Billie Joe Armstrong
Eddie Izzard
Willem Dafoe
Jeff Goldblum
Pete Wentz
Jim Carrey

ENTJ
George Clooney
William H. Macy
Gordon Ramsay
James Woods
Sigourney Weaver

Last edited:

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
No fictional characters for the list. As for the only one I'm familiar with, Morgan Freeman, I'd wager xNFJ, however the older the person is, the harder they are to type as everyone tends towards xxxx as they age and their inferior functions develop. I'm not familiar with him as a younger man, so it's hard to say. (Daffy Duck as an ENTJ for sure though!)

My bad. You're probably right about Morgan Freeman too. I really can't see him as an extrovert though. INFJ, perhaps.