• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

Fecal McAngry

Rachel McAdams - INFJ (?)
Ryan Gosling - INFP (?)
Not familiar with the first, But oh no on the second. Don't know him well, but NOT an INFP. Did a film with Tony Hopkins--an actual INFP--compare/contrast their interviews.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
On dr. Phil:

I remember a while back he said that everyone thinks he's outgoing and extraverted, but that when he didn't have a "role" like he does on the show, a purpose, he didn't know what to do with himself, and was pretty quiet. Many introverts are fine with performing or lecturing, but are not comfortable in unscripted social situations. I'd definitely say ISTJ.

Maybe so. But is he world-renowned like the rest of our listed celebs? I don't think he warrants inclusion on the list. No one outside of America has heard of him.

I don't know, probably not. It's just that it was brought up in the thread, so I thought I'd share.

Yes he was. Thanks for the input. You have convinced me that he's an ISTJ. Cheers!

Just wanted to say that his show is broadcasted outside US too, we have him in Norway for instance. He's ISTJ, like my dad :yes:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ryan Gosling is ISFP.

I've always liked him and felt a kinship with him when I hear him talk about how he approaches his characters. I immediately identified with what he is about (Fi). On the other hand, he seems much cooler than I am, very chill. There is an ease about him physically (Se) that I simply do not have (I have the pathetic awkwardness of Ne, thank you). I get that same vibe from Brad Pitt, another ISFP actor.

Last edited:

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am not sure of these at all, but I believe Colbert--the real person--to be an INTP, and my look-a-like Billy Joe to be an ESFP.

I still think that Colbert is INFP. Something about the way he speaks when he's being himself seems NF, and certain things, like that he needed to let go of his pretensions about being a "serious actor" to get into improv and comedy, remind me a lot of other INFPs.

Billie Joe could definitely be ESFP. I could get much more on board with that than ENTP.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I still think that Colbert is INFP. Something about the way he speaks when he's being himself seems NF, and certain things, like that he needed to let go of his pretensions about being a "serious actor" to get into improv and comedy, remind me a lot of other INFPs.

No, he's not INFP. The guy built his entire career on being insincere. He's so skilled at playing his persona that the audience never knows when he's being Colbert or being Colbert.

Lotr246

I am quite certain Colin Firth is an INFJ. Here's his bookshelf and his personal thoughts on each of the books. Very interesting stuff. There's other celebrities' bookshelves on the site, too, if you're interested. They could help in typing, sort-of like the other thread we had going:
Colin Firth's Bookshelf - Oprah.com

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I do not see Tom Waits as ISFP. He's one of the most bizarre, abstract and experimental musicians out there and anyone with a cursory knowledge of his work knows that. He's got clear N going. He seems cold sometimes, but I think F is more likely. INFP. The I and P seem pretty definite though. Introversion especially.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Last edited:

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think ISFP for PJ Harvey - her lyrics are so Se.

She makes quite a lot of references to the bible and different mythical themes too. I definitely relate to her quite strongly. She's one of my very favorites. I've always thought she was an INFJ. I people sometimes perceive INFJs as very hush hush asexual beings. That is not my experience at all in real life. The two other females I know are very sensual, though not overtly, but certainly in their performances and lyrics. I think love and sex are particular areas where we come in contact with the bare potencies of life, intensely powerful, personal and meaningful. I, though I'm an INFJ, have always considered myself very passionate as people go, within. I just relate to her very much for what it's worth.

Ditto. I have also listened to her since I was 12, this woman is not an INFJ. Especially during her concerts in the 90s she would just let her emotions hang out there for everyone to see, something that is very un-INFJ. Also especially when she was younger she loved to shock people, she would say and do the things on the outside that an INFJ would think about on the inside. I would also go with ENFP. Just look at this video about the making of one of her albums in 1996. The way she talks is Ne pure. (her fans call it "Tori talk") The only other celebrity I can think of at the moment who talks like this is Robert Downey Jr and he is an ENFP.

[YOUTUBE="P7pP7M7KqAc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7pP7M7KqAc[/YOUTUBE]
I personally think it may be un INFJ to be very openly emotionally raw in person, but on stage it's really about an artists message and what they want to convey. Sometimes the best way is to be open and raw about your own experiences. It's an honest and real way to convey something important. I personally think she's the epitome of INFJ.
I know she rocked the red leather pants as a teen but I can speak for myself in saying I was actually shy when I was young but still managed to have bright blue hair and wear pretty in your face clothing and definitely would not shy away from an argument if I thought something needed to be said.
I think perhaps your example video is slightly atypical for her. Here's a more typical one:
Oh and..."I think the best thing I ever did was play kooky for the british" ;D