• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Helena Bonham Carter

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Absolutely INFP, in my opinion. Here are some quotes and passages that I think make the case for her INFP-ness very well:

Although 'under-confident', she was a clever child ('a bit of a swot') and had a 'fertile imagination'. She would watch the television wondering if she could climb inside it. Other times she would play around and dress up, watching movies and pretending she was in them. 'I remember ...; when The French Lieutenant's Woman came out,' says Bonham Carter. 'I would pretend to be the French lieutenant's woman. I was always a romantic. I still am, actually.'

It took me so many years to move out. I'm definitely a bit of a Peter Pan, reluctant to grow up. It all seemed really nice at home-why change it? Part of me would prefer not to have any responsibility whatsoever.

[talking about distaste with watching herself on screen] 'It's not false modesty,' insists Bonham Carter. 'I hated what I looked like. I did look, as somebody said, like a bloated chipmunk! I had a lot of criticism, and I've always been more aware of the criticism than the praise.'

'For me, acting is about getting away from myself. So to look at myself is the last thing I want.'

Q: Is she shy?

A: 'Yes, I am,' she says, unexpectedly. 'And I love to criticise myself. Well, I don't love it, but you know what I mean.'

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Absolutely INFP, in my opinion. Here are some quotes and passages that I think make the case for her INFP-ness very well:

Wow. Yeah. She's pretty INFP. :p

I can't believe she hasn't been typed until now.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Yea I was gonna say INFP. It's pretty obvious, though just based on having watched one interview of her.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

I don't think her behavior (neither what I observe of her nor what she says about herself) aligns all that well with descriptions of ENFPs.

jgalt

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
British actress.

INFP?

I don't get an F vibe from her. If she's an introvert maybe INTP. If an extrovert ENTJ or ENTP. now Tim Burton, maybe INFP. She could actually be an ENTJ.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP through and through, she has that eccentric bohemian outgoing personality...she puts zillions on layers of clothing and jewellery on because she just loves everything. She absolutely bounces off Jonathan Ross in interviews, long time live in partner (not yet married). etc this is a good watch.

On second watch I do see some INFP traits in there....hmmmm

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's a total 3w4 ENFJ with a heavy 4 wing. What you are confusing for Fi is her element of 4ness since ENFJs tend to be 2s.

Last edited:

Tomb1

I've got her typed as 4w3 sp/sx:

Stackemup Exemplars Cont. - Stackemup Typology

Bonham-Carter has the dramatizing gestalt/temperament of 4w3. the 4w3 character type seeks emotional intensity through dramatization.

I don't yet have a read on her socionics type, but since she's a 4w3, T type need not apply.

In contrast to 4w3, the 4w5 displays the sensitive gestalt. the 4w5 character type seeks emotional intensity through refinement and sensitivity.

More on the chief characteristic of 4w5 here.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx