• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scarlett Johansson's type

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
No one wants to type Scarlett? :sadbanana:

I would especially appreciate hearing from people who are familiar with ISTP women IRL.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With her promiscuous behavior, I'd say xSFP.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scarlett's type?

HOT.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Scarlett's type?

HOT.

Damn - as soon as I saw "Last post, MacGuffin", I knew I had been beaten to the punch(line).

:(

Post-script: I probably would have with "BANGIN'!!", but I reckon we can agree to disagree (since we're really in agreement anyways!) :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would've thought the ENFP is the most skilled at "seductive" behavior; since they're good with subtle manipulation of others.

A more sinister ENFP can be quite a psychic vampire.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
None of you know any ISTP women IRL for comparison I take it? :sadbanana:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's funny is that I have not really thought about SJ in terms of a full MBTI type. But if I didn't look at anything else, I can see your reasoning:

I: She's self-contained -- inner core that then interacts with the outer world, and back to the self.

S: Very down-to-earth, NOT ethereal. Practical, pragmatic, no-nonsense, earthy.

T: Fairly flat emotional delivery. Seems to process through the logic of something rather than emotionally reacting to it. Easily one of the most "emotionally flat" starlets [i.e., women who are commonly lusted after by the average man] I have ever seen.

P: Roll with the punches, easy-going, doesn't seem to fear much or need to be in control of things, can handle anything that comes her way. Rugged.

So if I did treat the function pairs separately (rather than reviewing the 16 MBTI archetypes), I would think ISTP.

I cannot YouTube here, but I did read the interview:

1. I perceived her comments about acting strategy to be typical of Ti -- she perceives things in terms of figuring out what the film needs (logically), IOW, the core goals/essence of the film, then mentally working through it and determining what she has to deliver to fit that goal. She had many issues with people who carelessly insert themselves over the film (example: the girls who constantly wear the "sexy cute" face.)

2. She speaks with a lot of candor and doesn't seem apologetic for her words, whether it's how she's critiquing other people's efforts or using vulgar language casually. She doesn't go out of her way to offend, however (like an F who is trying to be portray themselves as anti-establishment would), it just feels like she is casual and "being her."

Comparing her to the ISTP I know, there are a few differences (because the ISTP is the eldest daughter of a pastor) such as the vulgarity... but in terms of ideas, both of them are not afraid to state what they perceive as core true, nor do they apologize for it. Some ideas are considered offensive, but they shrug off any of those feelings and are rather indifferent to reactions.

They also analyze well, are hands-on, pragmatic, feminine but not in the soft lacey / elegant way, just more "real" and "down to earth" about things. I really did enjoy talking with this girl, because she had such a good thinking process nor had many preconceptions; she was just observing, experiencing, and drawing conclusions from those things, and could laugh easily at human quirks and juxtapositions.

They feel sort of like "friend/cohort" material for me, to be honest -- people who see the world similarly to me in many ways, except I am much more whimsical and fanciful, and they're more rooted in what is actually happening (pragmatic).

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
... Jennifer, what can I say?

Thank you for the exhaustive analysis. :nice: :hug: :happy:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the two interviews, she talks and acts exactly like an ESFP I know, and not much like me at all. When she touched the interviewer's face, that seemed so non-ISTPish to me, at least, to do that to a stranger. She also seems pretty comfortable in front of a huge audience for an I, especially at 17...I guess that could just be conditioning, but she seems to be toying with the audience in a way that seems rather unlike an I. She also babbles like an E. She was constantly interrupting. What makes you say I?

SP for sure though....Maybe ESTP? She seems very...dramatic. Maybe I am just misreading her though, from those short interviews.

EDIT: reading the written interview now, her saying she's told she's a "loud obnoxious shit" makes me think more ESTP as well.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm... My guess would be either ISTP, as you suggested, or ISFP. Her pragmatism, lack of grandioisity, and present-orientation all suggest SP temperment. However, I think I sensed more Fi than Fe, especially as she spoke of the other people she was associated with. Also, acting doesn't sound like a goal befitting an ISTP, but possibly an ISFP.

What do you think?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
In the two interviews, she talks and acts exactly like an ESFP I know, and not much like me at all. She seems pretty comfortable in front of a huge audience for an I, especially at 17...I guess that could just be conditioning, but she seems to be toying with the audience in a way that seems rather unlike an I. She also babbles like an E. What makes you say I?

(...)

EDIT: reading the written interview now, her saying she's told she's a "loud obnoxious shit" makes me think more ESTP as well.

(Isn't recognizing others of one's own type and of the same sex notoriously difficult? I find that people tend to zoom in on the differences while being somewhat oblivious to the similarities. (Personally I haven't met that many other INTJ women ;) :D but I know I at least mistyped one as INFP originally.))

Babbling and having a high comfort level with an audience are not surefire indicators of Extroversion. Nor is occasionally being loud.

Like I wrote, SJ's demeanor is lethargic (i.e. she exhibits a relatively low level of interactive energy/animation), and like Jennifer wrote, she seems self-contained. Also, to the extent that one believes that actors play variations of themselves, the roles I've seen her in (Ghost World, Lost in Translation, Match Point) have been I characters.

However, I think I sensed more Fi than Fe, especially as she spoke of the other people she was associated with.

What did she say about them that seemed Fi to you? Remember, Ts are not just "obnoxious dipshits" :whistling: ;), we can be eagerly appreciative too. :yes:

Also, acting doesn't sound like a goal befitting an ISTP, but possibly an ISFP.

I don't know if ISFPs are better represented in acting than ISTPs, but if they are, that is still not a definitive argument against a specific actor being ISTP.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What did she say about them that seemed Fi to you? Remember, Ts are not just "obnoxious dipshits" :whistling: ;), we can be eagerly appreciative too. :yes:

It isn't one specific thing she says, it's that she seems to describe things in terms of her emotions and comparisons to other people, as well as to her characters, rather than in terms of facts or systems. Also, she seemed sort of expressive, and you could see nervousness and a bit of repulsion while thinking about spiders during one part of her interview. She seems to be focused inward on the emotion itself, rather than on social values or how she looks to others. I know that Fi's can look a bit calm outwardly, but their expressiveness is still present.

I don't know if ISFPs are better represented in acting than ISTPs, but if they are, that is still not a definitive argument against a specific actor being ISTP.

That's quite correct, of course, but I believe her to be an ISFP because of what I said above.