• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Natalie Portman's type

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In my personal experience, sometimes I know what type someone is from looking at them, but not every day. I don't think I've ever been shown to be incorrect when it really clicks.

So, reliable in the "show me a person, I'll show you their type," no. But there is a je ne sais quoi.

Oooh you're on man! Remind me to show you a couple of pics in the future.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
YouTube - Natalie Portman - Columbia University

Not nervous or forced at all there, which would lead me to think she's extroverted, if I didn't already, which I did. Her smile is devastating, like that of many ENFPs... (Example: YouTube - Natalie Portman's Favorite Swear Word) She doesn't think like an NT, so I'll rule that out. Seems NF every way I can slice it. Plays an ENFP extremely on-target in Closer. I wish I'd known more ENFJs so I could rule that out, but no.

ENFx.

ZOMG! She's gorg. She looks like PinkP in that Columbia Uni vid.
I think she might be ENFJ.

Usehername

On a mission
In my personal experience, sometimes I know what type someone is from looking at them, but not every day. I don't think I've ever been shown to be incorrect when it really clicks.

So, reliable in the "show me a person, I'll show you their type" sense, no. But there is a je ne sais quoi.

Can you do this from a still photograph?

I can see the link between the so-called "6th sense" of all the micro-cues from your 5 perceptive senses amalgamating into an instant "understanding," but that only works when you can perceive how someone holds their body, interacts, etc.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you do this from a still photograph?

I can see the link between the so-called "6th sense" of all the micro-cues from your 5 perceptive senses amalgamating into an instant "understanding," but that only works when you can perceive how someone holds their body, interacts, etc.

I would submit not, i.e. you need to see them in full animation.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
To be honest I think typing her as ISTJ is way off. Just look at her occupation, how many world famous actors are ISTJs? Somehow I doubt they are very many. I could definitely see her as an INFJ, which might explain why she appears "ordinary". Wikipedia says about her beliefs:

Sounds quite NF-ish to me ...

Yeah, I concur with the INFJ assessment.

She is a moral vegetarian an a political activist. Not a fashionable activist, but an authentically pesky one - she likes to give boring ass speeches on microeconomics in Africa.

But unlike Angelina Jolie (ENFJ), she mostly prefers to keep a low profile.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
But unlike Angelina Jolie (ENFJ), she mostly prefers to keep a low profile.
Keeping a low profile? Compared to what, one of the most "out there" celebrities, or an ESFP? Not all extroverts are created equal, but compared to most introverts, celebrity or not, she's all over the place.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Keeping a low profile? Compared to what, one of the most "out there" celebrities, or an ESFP? Not all extroverts are created equal, but compared to most introverts, celebrity or not, she's all over the place.

Well in that case, I would like to revise my previous guess of her being "INFJ" to "Annoying Bitch"

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What Natalie Portman's MBTI type is isn't important, it's more important that she accepts my marriage proposal.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
What Natalie Portman's MBTI type is isn't important, it's more important that she accepts my marriage proposal.

Hope you enjoy listening about microeconomics in Africa, history of feminism, and the plight of "non-human animals" before you go to sleep.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Hope you enjoy listening about microeconomics in Africa, history of feminism, and the plight of "non-human animals" before you go to sleep.

I'd adopt a feminist non-human baby from Africa for her.

Lightyear

I always got an INFJ vibe from her (or a 9w1 from an Enneagram point of view).

When you look at the whole Actor's Studio interview she seems uncomfortable being praised for her achievements and is very low-key about them, also she seems very friendly but still a tad reserved. She is an introvert and I think her confidence dealing with the audience and the moderator stems mostly from her being used to the spotlight and having learned to deal with attention and not from her being extroverted. (Also INFJs have a strong Extroverted Feeling side which is very helpful in dealing with people.)

N, she was always a top student and describes herself as a nerd, studied Psychology at Harvard (which is such an INFJ subject to pick!). Also she seems to be a lot about concepts and possibilities, at the end of the Actor's Studio interview the moderator asks her what she would God want to say when she reaches the pearly gates and her answer turns into this ethical-philosophical discourse how one shouldn't just do good in order to get into heaven.

Also definitely F, she has something very warm about her and at one point almost cries when being reminded of one of her former directors who died recently.

Plus she seems like a J to me, although she is lovely and sweet you can sometimes see this J edge coming through that I know from myself and other INFJ's. We are very accommodating but if you cross a certain line you will feel the strength of our convictions and see that beneath the placid exterior we have a certain tough side.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You guys sure dis on Es a lot. Not as much as S's though.

I'm pretty sure she could be a college graduate AND an extrovert.

V

violaine

I always got an INFJ vibe from her (or a 9w1 from an Enneagram point of view).

When you look at the whole Actor's Studio interview she seems uncomfortable being praised for her achievements and is very low-key about them, also she seems very friendly but still a tad reserved. She is an introvert and I think her confidence dealing with the audience and the moderator stems mostly from her being used to the spotlight and having learned to deal with attention and not from her being extroverted. (Also INFJs have a strong Extroverted Feeling side which is very helpful in dealing with people.)

+1.

(Boring reasons why I think NP is INFJ rather than ENFJ:

She has a thread of self-deprecation running through her (I've been reading her interviews and quotes), I don't get that vibe from ENFJ I know... they take compliments well, INFJ typically do not. INFJ can look like extroverts because of the strong people focus, but they tend to have a graveness about them that she has in spades. She says she's very self-conscious but not shy. In her last relationship the boyfriend yelled at her for being too much in her head... She thinks the New York Public Library is the coolest place in the world, haha. Her classmates voted her most likely to go on Jeopardy. She views parties as a learning experience. Has a lot of trouble with improvisation, felt humiliated if she had to speak in front of class in college. And rightly or wrongly this sealed the deal for me:

"The only annoying thing is when people stare at me. I know it's part of the thing, so I'm trying to get over it, but it's the weirdest feeling. I just feel like it's a really rude thing to do. I'm not a person who's ever trying to attract attention. Usually, I'm OK because I'm short and I'm brown-haired and I kind of blend in, but it's very weird"
^^ that is sooo INFJ. Exactly that.

I think it's hard to split the difference with INFJ and ENFJ given her life experiences... so that's why I looked at her interviews and quotes.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
NO YOU'RE ENFJ. j/k! I think I can accept that type job, well argued and from an INFJ.