• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rowan Atkinson

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah maybe... if you search for Rowan and ISTP, he's listed as such on a few sites.. so maybe it comes from a real test?
It's possible, but I think just as likely that these type jobs get spread around because of the philosophy "If it's written down, it must be true."

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
An ISTP is more likely to be obsessive about cars and to do an electrical engineering degree than an INTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
An ISTP is more likely to be obsessive about cars and to do an electrical engineering degree than an INTP.
I would agree with the likelyhood of the former, but not the latter. In any case, hobbies/interests is my least favorite way to type people.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think he's an INTP- possibly ENTP.
Saying he's an ISTP because he's interested in cars is like saying Jimmy Carter is an INFP because he was a Rhodes Scholar

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Gotta love the anti sensor bias in this thread.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Gotta love the anti sensor bias in this thread.

Yeah, it particularly amuses me on this site when people in an attempt to stereotype others and only end up stereotyping themselves more :headphne: The predictability makes me laugh sometimes though.

Any one who thinks ISTPs are likely to have difficulty in the humour department should try my brother sometime. His whole life seems to be on the verge of being one big joke just waiting for him to get pissed enough to tell it. Admittedly it mostly seems to consist of things like accidentally catching a parked car while driving to the river to fish, and waking up drunk with a goanna in his underpants in the Australian outback... but of such things might careers be made, I suppose!

*Ahem* I think ISTP might be a pretty good assessment for Atkinson from what I've read at any rate, particularly with the combination of reserved personality, zany humour and mechanical aptitude. In my experience, however, the car collecting would most likely be not so much for the sheer experience of having them, but for the opportunity to convert them into something more exciting, possibly with seats removed, converted to run on kerosene, and having the exhaust repositioned to come out over the driver's side window after it broke off doing competitive wall-jumping (Yes, he actually did this). If Atkinson in adittion posesses something like a quad bike too, this will merely help to confirm the diagnosis... ;)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
It's possible, but I think just as likely that these type jobs get spread around because of the philosophy "If it's written down, it must be true."
I agree. That's why I don't trust the majority of sites that give an MBTI type to a celebrity/famous person. They usually just copy from one site that's probably wrong anyway. I'd rather try to form my own opinion of the celebrity, it's more often accurate.