• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJ Famous People or Celebrities

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know about Hopkins' personal life, but ISTJ is my impression from interviews. I have a hard time seeing him as ENFJ (compare him to John Cusack, a textbook ENFJ).

Agreed on Hopkins. What do you think about John being intp? I see some Norm Macdonald in him. Agreed on Aniston (Ann Coulter!?!)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond (Everyone seemed to agree on this once before).
I would say a lot of black female characters as well, as that seems to be the typical model type for the subculture.

Wouldn't Aniston be too laid back to be either ISTJ or ESFJ? Seems FP'ish to me, but then maybe those are just character roles I'm going by.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed on Hopkins. What do you think about John being intp? I see some Norm Macdonald in him. Agreed on Aniston (Ann Coulter!?!)

I feel too much Fe coming from Cusack: the fast nervous talking, his choices in romantic-idealist acting roles, his way of expressing his opinions.

He'd have to be an INTP with super Fe :D. I've been close friends with several INTP and ENFJ men, and I feel pretty confident in not confusing the two in regards to him.

Check his blog entry out:
John Cusack: A War on Terror by Any Other Name

Wouldn't Aniston be too laid back to be either ISTJ or ESFJ? Seems FP'ish to me, but then maybe those are just character roles I'm going by.

It's her characters. I thought SP also until I read interviews.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barracuda from The A-Team, ISTJ?:D

agencetousrisques5.jpg

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Take pride in yourselves, fellow ISTJs! Take pride!

1) Bruce Wayne (Batman)
bruce_wayne.png

Batman is INTJ however christian bale dressing up like batman and pretending to be him is ISTJ. Please be dont make this mistake in the future.

Also,

hank-hill.jpg

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I feel too much Fe coming from Cusack: the fast nervous talking, his choices in romantic-idealist acting roles, his way of expressing his opinions.

He'd have to be an INTP with super Fe :D. I've been close friends with several INTP and ENFJ men, and I feel pretty confident in not confusing the two in regards to him.

Check his blog entry out:
John Cusack: A War on Terror by Any Other Name

Interesting. One thing I've noticed about enfjs is that they're animated, that there's a clear glimmer in their eyes. The absence of these characteristics explains why I'm thinking he's at least inxp. It might be more of a cointoss for t or f, but from the people I've met I feel like he's a t (I also see some Alec Baldwin, an esfp and maybe-dual, so that'd make sense).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Batman is INTJ however christian bale dressing up like batman and pretending to be him is ISTJ. Please be dont make this mistake in the future.

Also,

hank-hill.jpg

Hank Hill is also ISTJ, along with Bruce Wayne. Good call, hahah!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. One thing I've noticed about enfjs is that they're animated, that there's a clear glimmer in their eyes. The absence of these characteristics explains why I'm thinking he's at least inxp. It might be more of a cointoss for t or f, but from the people I've met I feel like he's a t (I also see some Alec Baldwin, an esfp and maybe-dual, so that'd make sense).

Hmm, he seems to animated to me, and I see the glimmer in movies (but his eyes are small :D). He's just not obnoxious; I think that's actually more evidence of Fe. He's firm in his opinions without stepping on toes.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6KG0-FCCGU"]cusack[/YOUTUBE]

Fecal McAngry

Take pride in yourselves, fellow ISTJs! Take pride!

1) George Washington
george-washington.jpg

2) Chuck Norris
chuck-norris-002-thumb-400x498.jpg

3) Warren Buffet
warren_buffett_1.jpg

4) Evander Holyfield
holyfield.jpg

5) Anthony Hopkins
anthony-hopkins-1.jpg

6) Jack Webb
220px-jack_webb_250.jpg

Fictional:

1) Bruce Wayne (Batman)
bruce_wayne.png

2) Sergeant Joe Friday
276-2.jpg

3) Obi Wan Kenobi
obi-wan-kenobi-01-large.jpg

Chuck Norris is an ISTP.
Tony Hopkins is an INFP.

Unfamiliar with some, but yes, Holyfield is an ISTJ.

Where do these typings come from? It is hard to believe anyone could type Hopkins, for example, as an ISTJ unless they were kidding/insane/stump dumb.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Chuck Norris is an ISTP.

We had a typing thread on this very forum - that's right - this very forum, TypoCentral, concluding he was ISTJ. Norris as ISTP is just laughable.

Tony Hopkins is an INFP.

Where do these typings come from? It is hard to believe anyone could type Hopkins, for example, as an ISTJ unless they were kidding/insane/stump dumb.

You say he's INFP, another posters says ENFJ, all MBTI websites say ISTJ. Who am I going to trust - you, that other poster, or numerous MBTI websites?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Where's your argument for his type then?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
You say he's INFP, another posters says ENFJ, all MBTI websites say ISTJ. Who am I going to trust - you, that other poster, or numerous MBTI websites?

Well you certainly are ISTJ. :D

Ahem, carry on.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Im so sick of people trying to claim Batman. He's effin ISTJ. People want to say his "unconventionality" takes away the ISTJ aspect. I say, who remembers how SCREWED UP batman is in the head?! He's not exactly healthy, even though he can put on a front of being so for social concerns. I could see an unhealthy ISTJ going Vigilante quite easily. He's not INTJ. Get over it.

Anyways, enough on that. Whoever said Ashitaka from Mononoke is spot-on. Hank Hill is like the ultimate ISTJ cartoon icon. :laugh:

How about Captain Li Shang from Mulan?

Fecal McAngry

Where's your argument for his type then?

If you know MBTI, Tony's work speaks for itself. A bit of an asinine answer, perhaps, but it's simply true. You're dealing with one of the most sensitive, nuanced, subtle, versatile and powerful character actors who ever lived. That is what a dominant Fi with Ne aux looks like. ISTJs who go into acting--and some do--are...Well, to avoid bashing them, Jack Webb was indeed an ISTJ.

Jack:

YouTube - Dragnet Jack Webb "What Do They Pay You?"

Tony:

YouTube - Magic-1 Caught in the Act

YouTube - Shadowlands 2

YouTube - Nixon (Anthony Hopkins)- California Governor Race 1962

YouTube - Othello (Anthony Hopkins): Iago tells of a handkerchief

YouTube - The Elephant Man Part 5

Etc.

But to spell it out more clearly, it might be useful to read bios of Tony, interviews, etc.--and certainly to read what others who know him have said about him. ENTP friend and colleague James Woods, for example, is one of many who have commented on his introversion. Richard Attenborough and others have remarked on his extraordinary sensitivity...And certainly, there is no question that his iNtuition is extroverted--here's but one example:

YouTube - The Ed Bernstein Show - Interview with Anthony Hopkins

FWIW, a good online bio: Anthony Hopkins - Biography

Quotes about Anthony Hopkins

"Out of all the great actors, he has a strong element of doubt in his make-up, and that doubt is what gives him some of his margin of greatness." - Oliver Stone

"Tony is so relaxed and casual, that's the great thing about him, what you see is what you get, and what you get is great." - Julianne Moore

"Tony is so powerful in his understating: his muted colours are better than everybody's primary colours. For me, he is the Beethoven of acting - profoundly creative and brilliantly orchestrated." - Mel Brooks

"He is one of those actors - and they are rare - who can convincingly portray a man of genius." - James Ivory

"Tony has this extraordinary ability to make you believe when you hear him that it is the very first time he has ever said that line. It's an incredible gift." - Sir Richard Attenborough

"He forgets how good he is." - Ridley Scott

"Who needs special effects when you have Anthony Hopkins?" - Scott Hicks

"Anthony Hopkins is sooo........I'd just give it right up!! It wasn't until I met him that I was utterly sold. This huge energy just pours off him - it was like he lassoed me, reeled me in." - Julia Roberts

"It was so gross! It made me gag, but then I realised, that's Anthony Hopkins eating me - that is so f***ing cool!" - Ray Liotta

"Nobody delivers a line better than Tony." - Alec Baldwin

"I would pay to work with Tony, he is the ultimate package. And forget the voice, the eyes." - Julia Roberts

"I have huge respect for Tony, truly one of our greatest Actors. He's a heavyweight, he's Holyfield, I have years before I understand where this man is coming from." - Brad Pitt

"A seething mass of contradictions, almost impossible to understand, very easy to love." - Jenni Hopkins (ex-wife)

"Working with Tony was a great experience, it's like having magic in your hands." - Oliver Stone

"The fact that Tony hasn't got an ego is the sexiest thing in the world." - Catherine Zeta-Jones

"Tony just completely fills a mansion, he really does! I've never seen energy like it - he's so dynamic. He's honestly the rawest talent that I've ever been around, even when he thinks he is screwing up you just wish you had that as your scene. He's an incredible presence and he works really hard." - Claire Forlani

"Tony was, and is, a wonderful man who lives everyday with the burden of genius." - Dame Judi Dench

"What I worry about is, are they fun to work with, are they nice, are they funny, are they easy to get along with. Tony was all of the above. This was the only time that I've ever been on a film where I've stepped outside myself and been aware that I'm actually directing someone of that calibre." - Jon Turteltaub

"Underneath that icy blue gaze - you can see the flames." - Emma Thompson

"For Tony, it's either black or white, up or down, all or nothing." - Jenni Hopkins (ex-wife)

"Anthony's voice, the way he says any line of dialogue from Hannibal Lecter, it sends chills to everyone." - Martha de Laurentiis

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'd definitely say ESTJ.

I don't think so. Te-doms tend to be much more dominant and directive, they like to be 'the boss'. Robin doesn't like to be 'the boss', she just likes things being the way she likes them (Si). She doesn't seem to be a big fan of change or new ideas either. She seems to be rather awkward in social situations, she likes to keep her privacy (I). Also, ESTJs often appear to be rather choleric, whereas Robin is rather serious, either phlegmatic or melancholic. Also, I don't think she shows enough Ne to be a Ne tertiary; her Fi seems to be higher.

kyuuei said:
Anyways, enough on that. Whoever said Ashitaka from Mononoke is spot-on.

Again, why? I don't disagree, but I also don't think there is enough evidence to prove this. In my opinion, ISFP (for example) would make just as much sense.